Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Anyone be down for something along the lines of
Kreider + Andersson/Howden+ 1st for RNH and Poolparty?
Replace the 1st with something else and I'm into it.

But now thinking on it, Kreider probably not going there/Edmonton won't want him on a 1 year. I think Buch is more likely in this scenario then Kreider.

Buch + Andersson/Howden + Prospect

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Anyone concerned about not being physical enough didn't watch the way we played last season under Quinn. In fact, as they grow, Lemiuex and Andersson are going to provide that kind of play, while also being positive contributors to the team on offense. Lest we also forget that DeAngelo really gives no ****s while on the ice too. Buch began doing this at the end of the season and he has a bit of snarl to him at times. The more comfortable he got, that side came out more.

I also expect Kakko to become a bully out there, at times we may see it this season, especially against some of the smaller players out there. While we have been getting the high end talent players we have needed in the past, we're not taking all smaller players. We're going to be just fine on the physical side of the game. In fact, there should be a point in time where the team will be able to impose their will on others, but that is down the line when this thing has been constructed for a few seasons.
“Not enough toughness” on here means that old folks want to watch more fights in a game, not whether we have more Ws

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Speak for yourself. I’m an “old folk” and toughness were the Blues this post season not the Broad Street Bullies.
Point being, we have the personnel for that. Toughness is a mentality, not a position. People complaining that we don’t have the right personnel for toughness really just want a goon.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Point being, we have the personnel for that. Toughness is a mentality, not a position. People complaining that we don’t have the right personnel for toughness really just want a goon.

I dont want a goon but would like a line that can go out and play a little heavy. Make life difficult for opposing defenseman. Right now they have Lemieux, maybe Anderson can develop that part of his game but who else? Assuming they trade Kreider a top 6 of Panarin, Zib, Buch, Chytil, Kakko and Kravtsov will be a hell of a lot of fun to watch, but they all play a similar style. I'm sure this is something that can and will be addressed but let's not pretend it's not important.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Speak for yourself. I’m an “old folk” and toughness were the Blues this post season not the Broad Street Bullies.
No, they were not and no one said they were. But you cannot deny the fact that their physical play wore down the opposition. They were the second biggest team in the league. And they undeniably plaid a big boys game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Their "toughness" and size really resided in their bottom 6.

What they did have were guys who would fight to get to tough areas and win battles along the walls. You don't have to be "tough" to do those things, just willing.

Size helps in that regard, but St Louis' top 6 was pretty small.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I dont want a goon but would like a line that can go out and play a little heavy. Make life difficult for opposing defenseman. Right now they have Lemieux, maybe Anderson can develop that part of his game but who else? Assuming they trade Kreider a top 6 of Panarin, Zib, Buch, Chytil, Kakko and Kravtsov will be a hell of a lot of fun to watch, but they all play a similar style. I'm sure this is something that can and will be addressed but let's not pretend it's not important.
Who did the Blues have? Blais and Maroon known for their hits. The rest aren’t known for toughness but played tough because that’s the system that Berube fostered. You don’t go out and get goons to be tough. You foster the mentality for the personnel you’ve got.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Who did the Blues have? Blais and Maroon known for their hits. The rest aren’t known for toughness but played tough because that’s the system that Berube fostered. You don’t go out and get goons to be tough. You foster the mentality for the personnel you’ve got.

I started my post saying I don't want a goon. It was literally the very first sentence.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Schenn has some jam, but inside of their top 6 thats really it.

The Bottom 6 (Maroon, Blais, Sunqvist, Barbashev, Blais/Sanford) was much, much heavier.

We're kind of the same in that regard.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I started my post saying I don't want a goon. It was literally the very first sentence.
Wasn’t your post about getting “tough” personnel? That’s what the larger discussion is about. If you read past the word goon in my post, my point is that you don’t acquire toughness. You coach it.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Schenn has some jam, but inside of their top 6 thats really it.

The Bottom 6 (Maroon, Blais, Sunqvist, Barbashev, Blais/Sanford) was much, much heavier.

We're kind of the same in that regard.
Sundqvist and Barbashev weren’t always tough. Sanford didn’t play much bc of injuries, but he’s a tough kid, sure.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Wasn’t your post about getting “tough” personnel? That’s what he larger discussion is about. If you read past the word goon in my post, my point is that you don’t acquire toughness. You coach it.

'Tough" to play against. Do I really have to explain that? Rangers have very little of that outside of Lemieux.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sundqvist and Barbashev weren’t always tough. Sanford didn’t play much bc of injuries, but he’s a tough kid, sure.

My point was that their heavier, more rough and tumble dudes resided in the bottom 6.

The way things stand right now, the Rangers are actually much bigger up front in the top 6 than the Bruins or Blues.

Reactions: Avery16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad