Prospect Info: Riley Kidney, LHC, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL ), 63rd overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
AB are starting to be boosted ! Wouldn’t be surprise if Kidney is part of the trade and he goes with the Armada at the end of the season to complete the trade

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Agreed. I think Fairbrother, Mysak and Tuch will be quality bottom pair/bottom six players that can potentially move up to compliment more skilled players. Them just making the NHL is a hit, IMO.

The issue with a lot of the names mentioned, if they aren't top 4/6, they will likely be useless. I don't want to see Kidney on the 4th line or Norlinder on the bottom pair.
If Kidney can't crack the top 9, he will be traded at some point. I have a feeling he will though, oozes skill

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I think Kidney has a long development road. He was humbled in rookie camp and I think he needs work in multiple areas in development. Hillis type prospect IMO
Crowded Centre line though? Suzuki, Poehling/Dvorak, hopefully wright. You could be talking 5+ years down the road before he even has a shot at a top 9 spot

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Crowded Centre line though? Suzuki, Poehling/Dvorak, hopefully wright. You could be talking 5+ years down the road before he even has a shot at a top 9 spot

I like Roy's potential of being a NHL player more than Kidney. Don't hate Kidney and he could turn into something but from what I see, he's another guy in the Q that looks good but he has a long road ahead of him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Roy's potential of being a NHL player more than Kidney. Don't hate Kidney and he could turn into something but from what I see, he's another guy in the Q that looks good but he has a long road ahead of him.

I think Kidney creates offense in a more NHL way than Roy does.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I think Roy is better. Showed up at rookie camp and has a higher % to make the NHL IMO. I don't hate Kidney but from the small sample size I have seen, he needs a lot of development. Clever and has offensive skills yes.
Im going to pontificate, I think IF Kidney makes it it's as a third liner, he will not make it as a fourth-liner or at least as a prototypical fourth line crash and bang and get 20-25 pts. Despite what we all think if he showed top 6 potential he would've been drafted in the first round.

All that being said, I watch Montreal's highlight videos to just keep me entertained, i'm not a scout so I hope he becomes a 1st liner ;)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Im going to pontificate, I think IF Kidney makes it it's as a third liner, he will not make it as a fourth-liner or at least as a prototypical fourth line crash and bang and get 20-25 pts. Despite what we all think if he showed top 6 potential he would've been drafted in the first round.

All that being said, I watch Montreal's highlight videos to just keep me entertained, i'm not a scout so I hope he becomes a 1st liner ;)

At this point based on his stats in the Q we are hoping that he had top 6 potential that scouts missed. There are usually a few players in later rounds who go on to surprise. It's unlikely, but looking good this season.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Another good example of the double or triple shot tactic. Kidney/Kapanen.

Similar to Brook/Ikonen, Ylonen/Romanov, Hillis/Harris, Norlinder/Fairbrother, LeGuerrier/Pitlick/Dichow, Tuch/Mysak, Smith/Biondi/Farrell, Sobolev/Roy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Another good example of the double or triple shot tactic. Kidney/Kapanen.

Similar to Brook/Ikonen, Ylonen/Romanov, Hillis/Harris, Norlinder/Fairbrother, LeGuerrier/Pitlick/Dichow, Tuch/Mysak, Smith/Biondi/Farrell, Sobolev/Roy

McDonagh, Pacioretty!

We should have a double or triple shot tactic in each round this upcoming draft with how many vets we should be off loading for picks...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Great context into Kidney's game but that kid has a long development road IMO. We can't complain too much cause I rather him doing well like that than struggling but he appears like another Hillis prospect if you ask me.

Producing in the CHL is just one step along the development path. Kidney had a rough time in development camp this past summer. He has lots to learn and mature from when it comes to player against better players who are pro level. Takes time. His obsession to improve is where he ends up being something for us

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad