Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Greig's final game of the WHL season is happening later today. Since there are no play0ffs, could Greig see some more action with Belleville?

The Bsens schedule has been extended and now includes a six-game home stand between May 14 and May 20 when the season ends.

He is already in the Regina bubble so maybe his quarantine restrictions would be relatively minimal.

God knows that Belleville could use a scrappy scorer like Greig.

Reactions: topshelf15

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Greig's final game of the WHL season is happening later today. Since there are no play0ffs, could Greig see some more action with Belleville?

The Bsens schedule has been extended and now includes a six-game home stand between May 14 and May 20 when the season ends.

He is already in the Regina bubble so maybe his quarantine restrictions would be relatively minimal.

God knows that Belleville could use a scrappy scorer like Greig.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Is he playing center or would they keep him on the wing??

He's been playing C for Brandon, so it would seem logical to slot him into the same spot on Belleville. He's fairly diminutive at this point, so it might be best to have him play alongside some of the bigger wingers like Sokolov and eventually Jarventie.

Greig would be a huge boost for the penalty kill, having notched four short-handed goals in just 20 games. Greig and Kelly would form a perfect forward pair on the PK.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Bump for scoring his first Pro goal. I think if he can put on 15-20 pounds and work on his faceoffs in the offseason he could break onto the team on the third line (especially if we lose Tierney or White to expansion).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Bump for scoring his first Pro goal. I think if he can put on 15-20 pounds and work on his faceoffs in the offseason he could break onto the team on the third line (especially if we lose Tierney or White to expansion).
Looking good at 18

Apparently put on 15-20 pounds during the last few months.
Another 15-20 would be like 30-40 pounds in a year.

He’s going to be good either way.
Could grow another inch too.

Reactions: Bileur

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

15-20 lbs would be a lot for his frame in one off season

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Troy Mann said he put on 12 pounds going back to junior, and is now up to 170 lbs.

Reactions: Dan Patrick

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Probably doesn’t have the skill

Ridly Greig is not that crafty with the puck as Kadri. But he is an excellent skater, who can puck handle in the traffic with the best of them and very good along the boards and has skills to be a top six forward. He is on par with Pinto if not better. But he brings more to the table. He is a better passer and has a physical game мeanstreak. Him and Brady will be a treat to watch together, I hope on the same line. He reminds me more skilled Brendan Gallagher. Good for 55 or even 65 points in his prime. There is a reason Gallagher was drafted in the 5th round and Greig in the first. Greig has just a higher ceiling. He just needs to put up 15 pounds more and he will be fine.

Reactions: teddygmr

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
15 in 4 months isn't impossible but you're probably right, especially if as the previous poster said he is already in that 170-180 range.

"Ridly, your diet this summer will be cheeseburgers for all 3 meals of each day, with raw eggs mixed with protein powder and multi-vitamins as your drink. Then you will hit the gym twice a day and do nothing but heavy weights with low reps. In between sessions, you will run 10 kms. You got it, maggot!"

He's gonna be jacked by training camp.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
There are definitely ways to enjoy those things without mashing them together in a stew.

That was just a shake he had between meals. Can’t be eating all day.

But yes, that stuck with me because of how disgusting it sounds.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Anyone know what the thought behind signing Jarventie/Crookshank/Reinhardt to amateur try outs and ELCs kicking in in 2021-2022 season, but signing Greig's ELC or 2020-2021? Sogaard similarly is due to have his ELC only kick in in 2021-2022 season (and Guenette too but he hasn't suited up for AHL games yet).

For instance, Greig only played 7 AHL games to Reinharts 31, both drafted 2020, but we'll burn a year of Greig ELCs, despite Reinhardt/Crookshank having played more AHL games.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Anyone know what the thought behind signing Jarventie/Crookshank/Reinhardt to amateur try outs and ELCs kicking in in 2021-2022 season, but signing Greig's ELC or 2020-2021? Sogaard similarly is due to have his ELC only kick in in 2021-2022 season (and Guenette too but he hasn't suited up for AHL games yet).

For instance, Greig only played 7 AHL games to Reinharts 31, both drafted 2020, but we'll burn a year of Greig ELCs, despite Reinhardt/Crookshank having played more AHL games.
Greig won't burn a year of his ELC. Given his age the the CHL-NHL agreement he is not technically eligible to play in the AHL. They made a special provision this season as there was significant delays in the CHL leagues starting their seasons.

The Sens used ATO's with the rest of the players likely to save a bit of money given there is no ticket revenues and to strategically control the rights of these players. By delaying the start of their ELCs it makes it easier for them to manage the cap as prospects begin reaching their potential.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

We will not burn a year of Greig's ELC, it will slide.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I just did a post about CHL to NHL production in another thread

Greig (in a small sample size) put up some impressive numbers indicating he can probably be a scoring forward at the NHL level at some point.

We should really resist the urge to play him in the NHL next year even if we think he's ready, if he can dominate the CHL and put up 1.75 PPG or something and follow it up in the AHL at 20, we could have another top-6 guy at some point, which we'll undoubtedly need.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Greig won't burn a year of his ELC. Given his age the the CHL-NHL agreement he is not technically eligible to play in the AHL. They made a special provision this season as there was significant delays in the CHL leagues starting their seasons.

The Sens used ATO's with the rest of the players likely to save a bit of money given there is no ticket revenues and to strategically control the rights of these players. By delaying the start of their ELCs it makes it easier for them to manage the cap as prospects begin reaching their potential.
Ah! Must just be a mistake on Capfriendly which is where I spotted that discrepancy.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ridly Greig is not that crafty with the puck as Kadri. But he is an excellent skater, who can puck handle in the traffic with the best of them and very good along the boards and has skills to be a top six forward. He is on par with Pinto if not better. But he brings more to the table. He is a better passer and has a physical game мeanstreak. Him and Brady will be a treat to watch together, I hope on the same line. He reminds me more skilled Brendan Gallagher. Good for 55 or even 65 points in his prime. There is a reason Gallagher was drafted in the 5th round and Greig in the first. Greig has just a higher ceiling. He just needs to put up 15 pounds more and he will be fine.
If this is true, I'm either sleeping on Ridly or way too high on Pinto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad