Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Peca had some moderate success but he was never the same after the Tucker cheap shot in 2002.

Funnily enough I know someone who had Peca as a client and was watching Game 5 of the Leafs and Sens that same year with him. Peca, apparently, was cheering and hooting when Alfie destroyed Tucker and scored the winning goal. :vhappy::yo:

I think most would look back on Peca's career and credit him with a bit more than "moderate success"

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Maybe a rich man’s version. Peca was better offensively, defensively, a bigger hitter (far dirtier as well) and got league recognition with his 2 Selkes.

Winning an award that requires league wide recognition as a Buffalo Sabre isn’t easy.

Peca also played world juniors and won an Olympic gold medal.

There's no comparing his career with Pageau even though Pageau is responsible for some of our greatest memories as Sens fans

Reactions: Cosmix and Bileur

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Maybe a rich man’s version. Peca was better offensively, defensively, a bigger hitter (far dirtier as well) and got league recognition with his 2 Selkes.

Winning an award that requires league wide recognition as a Buffalo Sabre isn’t easy.
The Sabres had some really good teams back then ,but for sure maybe JGP should be considered Peca light

Reactions: Blotto71

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Peca was awesome, but I remember him being helped by Hasek a bit. Hasek was so damn good that Peca would be cheating on the penalty kill to get shorthanded breakaways. If you saw anyone doing that now, they'd be benched.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Played on Canada as the 4th line C in a best on best. Much better than Pageau. I dont expect Grieg to be that good but stylistically i like the comparison. If Greig is as good as Pageau thats also an amazing pick.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe this is why the Sens didn't draft Sillinger because they already drafted Greig the yr before & expected this guy would be a centre in Ottawa some day & probably as good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad