Remembering some guys through Puckdoku

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
1719409983047.png

#Sufferin' suckotash! I named Sylvester but choked on TOR. Tried Grundstrom for the TOR/LA square. Of course, he never actually played for TOR. :mad:

Reactions: kvladimir

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love when they include the Cancucks because, although I was a tike in 1994, my parents got me a VHS of the ABC Cup documentary. I must have watched that thing 300 times.

I can remember weird Canucks.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
1719500020885.png

I thought Martin Lapointe played for PHI (I was thinking late in his career, after the 2004 Lockout). After finding out he didn't, Lapointe with PHI still kind of "feels right." Any possible explanations? :confused:

Perhaps a Mandela Effect? Though I'm not sure anyone else has this false - it's really more of a feeling or impression than an actual memory. To be honest, usually when I have this particular feeling that a player played for a certain team, I'm right (as was the case with Albelin/CGY).

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
I thought Martin Lapointe played for PHI (I was thinking late in his career, after the 2004 Lockout). After finding out he didn't, Lapointe with PHI still kind of "feels right." Any possible explanations? :confused:

Puckdoku Game 362 - 9/9🏆:

2 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

I don't think there's a single NHL team whose 1st round picks I know less than PHI's. Probably because they trade them away a lot... Took me forever to remember Ouellet, and that is a perilous name to get the correct player for! :laugh:

(Edit: awwww, Sbisa! Should have remembered him! :banghead:)

Screenshot (435).png

Reactions: DitchMarner

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 363 - 3/9:

600 Uniqueness
⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩

Looooooooool, ok. Ok. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency in this game with the "Drafted" categories... And a few of these I just got things mixed up (like which team drafted Stefan Della Rovere vs. who he played for). I'm mad enough I will not even elaborate...

Screenshot (436).png

• Wow

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
1719673606199.png

Not too bad.

How many players have scored 30 or more goals in a season for SJ? Like ten?

I tried to be sneaky with the McDavid answer. I mean, who thinks of him when they think of ten goal scorers? Should have gone with someone like Buchberger or Reasoner instead. :oops:

Reactions: kvladimir

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 363 - 5/9:

401 Uniqueness
⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩

Welp, another big ol' fart.

Let's make this quick:

Damphousse (for SJ/30) nope, topped out at 23. After this I figured he'd work for EDM, and I was right :P
Janney - nope, 13
Sergei Samsonov - yeah, I had a feeling he was only an Oiler post-deadline in '06, but this was my last pick and I did not care by this point
Shawn McEachern - another one who did not play long enough with the team in question. Frolov was the next guy I would have picked... :banghead:

Screenshot (437).png

• Wow

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 365 - 8/9:

100 Uniqueness
🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Another day, another near miss...

Mike Sillinger for a scoring stat probably would have been a good choice, that is if he hadn't only gotten 308 assists in his career... :pout:

Screenshot (438).png

I really need a new answer for CGY/NJ. I've used Albelin twice recently.
Hale, Schlemko, Housley (probably too high %), Gilmour (ditto), Cammalleri, Eddie Lack, probably a few others who would be good options... EDIT: Ohh, Rob Ramage is a good one I've used before, any time other than with Lanny McDonald if you get a Colorado Rockies guy, that's usually going to help you

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 366🎂 - 7/9:

200 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩

Another near miss, man this is frustrating! :laugh:

All I had to do was use Nagy for 100+ goals and Paul Cavallini for 100+ GP, but I did it the other way around for some reason! :pullhair:

And then.......... Alex Auld. He of *checks notes* 91 CAREER WINS!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Screenshot (439).png

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
1719842719740.png

This is some Loney Toons shit right here!

Troy Loney didn't score 100 goals in his career? We're not talking about 200 here - just 100! He played all those years and he ended up with... 87 goals. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00