GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Skinner would be insane to come here, IMO. There are probably places that would offer him a multi year deal today. And there are others that would be much better landing spots for a one-year deal to "pump his numbers" for a contract next summer.
I dunno.

Skinner's a one dimensional forward whose one dimension netted 46 points this year. Which contender is gonna want that in the top 9?

Reactions: Sideline

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Skinner would be insane to come here, IMO. There are probably places that would offer him a multi year deal today. And there are others that would be much better landing spots for a one-year deal to "pump his numbers" for a contract next summer.
Pittsburgh seems like a fantastic place then, put him on wing on Malkin's line and he's potting 30/30. Hell he can drive a third line if you want him too. Hes so good 5v5 and so were the Pens, and its not like our terrible PP will affect his numbers since he isn't a PP player.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Hell yeah! A 2nd and a 5th and $5mil in space for a guy that didn't work here that we got for a 3rd? Great move!

Now...just don't blow the $5mil on something stupid :laugh:

I really liked Shea's game. Happy to have him back.
Do you think Kral or Shea would make the team between the two. I know little about Kral.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Do you think Kral or Shea would make the team between the two. I know little about Kral.
Probably not out of the gate. Both will go to WBS and be called up for injuries. Which one may depend on their level of play in WBS.

That said, I could see Shea being the new Rudwedel (journeyman who you keep on the NHL roster as your #7).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There's another possibility in this deal that I'd throw out. I think it's probably the Rangers 2027 2nd and one of their 2025 5ths, but if Trouba ends up getting moved to Detroit, I bet Detroit's 2nd is one of the assets going to the Rangers. I think it would be possible that Smith is actually bringing back Detroit's 2025 2nd if the Trouba deal ends up going.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hollowell? WBS still short D I believe, had lots of ufas.
Yeah today is as much about restocking WBS with depth as it is tuning up the NHL roster.

They basically need one left wing. Dubas said they would likely focus on guys that get squeezed out by the cap. That doesn't point to "early July 1st signings". That points to a late afternoon or July 2-4th signing, honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad