GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
My dude, if you trade him after the bonus is paid next year (july 1), he has 3 years, 15 million or so left in real cash.

This is not impeding his ability to be moved lol
We are not paying a player 10mil to walk out the door - that couldnt be further from reality

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So pass on Casey's already high value so we can.. wait to see if Dougie falls off?

Just say you want him traded lol. No team is keeping prospects because they expect their 31yo top pair defenseman to randomly fall off lmfao
I don't want either of them traded. If Casey's play makes them have the discussion on moving on from Hamilton so be it. That's literally the point of drafting, eventually you're drafting for guys to replace the current crop.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Who expects the top 2 forward FAs to get scooped up by the same team.

I’m sure they are looking but the Devils needed to add a top 6 forward. Still a while till the season but not replacing Toffoli’s goals and points will hurt.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Maybe we won't. Doesn't mean we can't. Dougie is tradeable next year.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it.
The Toronto Maple Leafs, the wealthiest team in the league, shutters at paying signing bonuses before trades

The New Jersey Devils will not be paying a 32yo Dougie Hamilton 10million in bonuses to then trade him

Your lack of interest in this conversation is strictly because your take on it is not based in any world the NHL has been operating in

This isnt a video game - real dollars are being spent

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The Toronto Maple Leafs, the wealthiest team in the league, shutters at paying signing bonuses before trades

The New Jersey Devils will not be paying a 32yo Dougie Hamilton 10million in bonuses to then trade him

Your lack of interest in this conversation is strictly because your take on it is not based in any world the NHL has been operating in

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Dougie is not moveable until his final year

No team is trading for the cap hit of an 'overpaid' defenseman as you put and paying him 17mil in signing bonuses

And if you think were paying them to then trade him, that isnt happening either lol

Everyone should just hop off the Dougie traded train - hes still our best defenseman who chose to come here and will be here until damn near his deal is over, or the final year is moved

Luke and Simon will still get paid - the cap is rising with zero meaningful forwards to sign. The Dougie moved next year or thereafter noise is just crap

We traded for Subban when he had 12m of signing bonuses.

It would be difficult to swing Hamilton at 9m and our RFAs on long term deals at the same time, plus our other sizable current deals.

The cap is rising but it’s not rising that fast.

Who knows what the plan, or what will actually happen, but acting like Hamilton can’t be moved in the next 3 years is silly.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I would as well, though I'm not as high on Casey as others. I'm always nervous about defenders of that size and their ability to slide into the NHL.

I have no doubts on Casey. I think he’s f***ing great but when you already have Luke, Nemec, Dougie and what our forward group looks like I’m definitely moving him if I can get back an equivalent forward for him. That’s the only type of deal I move him for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad