Confirmed with Link: D Alec Martinez to the Hawks, one year four million

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Martinez is always a great add to any Dcore, that said while with Vegas he has been oft injured however still really like the add, he will increase compete level, lead by example and sacrifice himself for the betterment of the team. Another nice veteran add who still has a year left in the tank...

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
This is a total win because it moves Murphy down and reduces his minutes.....whoooaaaaaaa.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
awesome rounds out our D core perfectly.

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy/Martinez
Del Mastro/Kaiser-Murphy/Martinez
Phillips

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We're guaranteed to not lose in a game seven this season.

Granted, we were already guaranteed to not lose in a game season already for a very different reason.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
This is a total win because it moves Murphy down and reduces his minutes.....whoooaaaaaaa.
Pretty sure Martinez plays the left side, which won't influence where in the lineup Murphy plays.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
always liked him, he's a good addition.
If he misses time, we have room to call up a young player. I think they expect it to happen with Murphy and Martinez. This buys time while getting some NHL quality icetime.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Jones has missed a few games here and there but he is very durable. Doubt he misses much time barring some freak/devastating injury

Murphy probably is out by November with something
agreed on both counts, gone as I mean, gone, traded :), LTIR etc... no longer occupying a spot...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
agreed on both counts, gone as I mean, gone, traded :), LTIR etc... no longer occupying a spot...

Jones is not being traded with that contract and Hawks currently have no defender capable of replacing him. Retaining on 6 years of contract isn't really viable either if Hawks intend to become contender in coming years

As for Murphy no one wants him, and he will be injured at some point so I agree a kid will get some experience. Unless of course our GM gives Luke another shitty vet to use over kid which we cant discount

Reactions: hockeydoug

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Jones is not being traded with that contract and Hawks currently have no defender capable of replacing him. Retaining on 6 years of contract isn't really viable either if Hawks intend to become contender in coming years

As for Murphy no one wants him, and he will be injured at some point so I agree a kid will get some experience. Unless of course our GM gives Luke another shitty vet to use over kid which we cant discount
ya the :) after traded was me understanding its not likely to happen...guy can hope though...Murphy well, should have traded him 3 years ago when they could. I hope he just gets LTIR'd at some point soon...

Need to create spots for kids to grow!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
It will become easier to move Jones in the next few years. He won't get worse, he won't get better. He is a finished product. All that changes is contract lenght and his age.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Yep. I don't think he will decline that much until he will be moveable.
I could even see him possibly improving, at least in quantitative analysis, with a better team around him and more reliable partners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad