Referee Wes McCauley has a major conflict with Keefe, shouldn't be reffing Leafs Games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I felt it was basically over and my feelings turned out to be correct.
Obviously there was a small chance they could have come back but like I mentioned, scoring 4 unanswered on the best goalie in the world seemed like too tall a task especially with how poor they were playing.
Yes the outcome you predicted at 3-0 ended up being correct, but when the score was 3-2, there was an undeniable impact by the officiating crew that lead to that outcome.

Like I said, I have no problems with the McCabe and Brodie calls in the 1st. The Schenn one was weak, but again, sometimes thats gunna happen. To me it gets slippery on the Kampf call, and the incredibly poor officiating on the 5-2 goal that lets be real, lead to the 6-2 goal as well.

Bunts Major is completely warranted.

At the end of the day we need lost because we couldn't kill a penalty. That has nothing to do with the officials. But that game was fully within reach with 8 mins left in the 2nd, and I genuinely feel like the sequence of events that followed made it nearly impossible to overcome. But that's hockey, and sometimes your the dog and sometimes you are the fire hydrant.

Just feels like more often then not, under a Wes McCauley officiated game, we are the fire hydrant

Whacky5

Jun 9, 2019
Blaming the refs... yes, we had a couple of questionable calls going against us, so did Tampa. If the Leafs already knew they were going to get chintzy calls in the game, ADAPT. This is nothing new for a few years now.

Tampa played that to a tee last night. They knew exactly who to circle to for infractions. If I were their coach I would have told them the same.

The fact that our coach put Bunting on the top line, top lines meaning more minutes, who do you think Tampa would be targeting?

Knowing that Bunting already has the referees against this player, why play him more minutes and cost you a game or the series?

We already know the refs make up calls for other non calls in the game or what some people say game management, we should be playing with that information.

We know that Maroon and Perry go off the deep end when they get frustrated, play that into your strategy. Make them get penalized for stupid plays. If we don't know how to do that, then ADAPT to the reffing.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
Game was basically over at 3-0.
Hoping to score 4 and not give up another would be a pretty big ask.

I agree though, Leaf PK had better get better in a hurry or they are done.
Nick Paul goes into box for interference on Jake McCabe and Leafs score 3-3 goal instead of Tampa scoring 2-4 on PP. It would have been completely new hockey game, but it went way it went and its if, if and if in any case. We could have lost anyway and Bunting was the one that put nail in the coffin, so it's better to concentrate to game 2.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Still feel that way after reading like three posts further down and reviewing his sources?
It's literally private information - whether he did or didn't testify. Frost being acquitted is making people falsely assume he testified for him.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It's literally private information - whether he did or didn't testify. Frost being acquitted is making people falsely assume he testified for him.
The exact details of the testimony are private. What appears to be factual is as follows:

- he did testify
- he testified in favour of David Frost

Why are you on our boards ? Then you f***ing cry on the mains when you get called out for being a massive hater

Whether he is a hater or not is irrelevant to whether it's factual that keefe testified on behalf of Frost.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Sure or Bunting and Keefe could not be idiots.

Question, when it was a 3-2 game and Leafs had momentum, what are your opinions of the phantom slashing call against Kampf ? Any impact ?

You can live with your team starting off slow, that's fine hold them accountable. But they should not have to outplay dog shit officiating. I blame them for the start, I give them full credit for pulling back within 1 goal. Literally a minute after we scored to make it 3-2, the refs make that atrocious penalty call on Kampf making it a 4-2 game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nick Paul goes into box for interference on Jake McCabe and Leafs score 3-3 goal instead of Tampa scoring 2-4 on PP. It would have been completely new hockey game, but it went way it went and its if, if and if in any case. We could have lost anyway and Bunting was the one that put nail in the coffin, so it's better to concentrate to game 2.
If they aren't down 2-0 early things would have played out differently.
All we know is how things did play out, silly IMO, to make up different scenarios

1st period had more to do with losing than anything else, IMO.

Reactions: egd27

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yes the outcome you predicted at 3-0 ended up being correct, but when the score was 3-2, there was an undeniable impact by the officiating crew that lead to that outcome.

Like I said, I have no problems with the McCabe and Brodie calls in the 1st. The Schenn one was weak, but again, sometimes thats gunna happen. To me it gets slippery on the Kampf call, and the incredibly poor officiating on the 5-2 goal that lets be real, lead to the 6-2 goal as well.

Bunts Major is completely warranted.

At the end of the day we need lost because we couldn't kill a penalty. That has nothing to do with the officials. But that game was fully within reach with 8 mins left in the 2nd, and I genuinely feel like the sequence of events that followed made it nearly impossible to overcome. But that's hockey, and sometimes your the dog and sometimes you are the fire hydrant.

Just feels like more often then not, under a Wes McCauley officiated game, we are the fire hydrant

It's not just a Wes McCauley thing though, game 6 is when they got the phantom 5 on 3 last series (yes, two high sticks in a row were actually embellishment from their players) and that saved their series.

We even had 1 single Tampa fan acknowledge this the other day which was shocking, but anyone who denies we have been royally f***ed over for atleast 3 games in a row now is really denying reality.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Question, when it was a 3-2 game and Leafs had momentum, what are your opinions of the phantom slashing call against Kampf ? Any impact ?

You can live with your team starting off slow, that's fine hold them accountable. But they should not have to outplay dog shit officiating. I blame them for the start, I give them full credit for pulling back within 1 goal. Literally a minute after we scored to make it 3-2, the refs make that atrocious penalty call on Kampf making it a 4-2 game.
Yeah it was a bad call but you'll get bad calls, all Teams do.
Kill the penalty off and continue the come back.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
All we know is how things did play out, silly IMO, to make up different scenarios

Didn't answer my question

Thoughts on the slashing call against Kampf when the Leafs made it 3-2 ?

deprw

Mar 7, 2010

Well we were recovering right before that Kampf call. In odd way you'd think that McCabe hit would push even more momentum to our side, but well like said, it went way it went.

It was far from over in that 3-2 situation. We scored two pretty good goals and that 2nd period was way better from us than the 1st.

It's pretty obvious that we dropped the ball in the 1st, which is inexcusable, but in sports anything can happen and there was a chance after Nylander scored that 2nd goal.

If we'd been in Tampa's shoes no one would say that we couldn't had lost that game from that situation, even though we would have been up ahead 3-0.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I did, that was my reply to another.

Ah my bad. Yeah it was a bad call, point being you should not have to routinely outplay bad calls. Referees should not have an impact/influence on who wins the game, but for whatever reason we're always on the bad side of it. Stems back to last years series, games 6/7 and now again in game 1.

Blame the team for starting slow

Give them credit for clawing back and competing

Blame the refs for horse shit calls and missed calls.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Well we were recovering right before that Kampf call. In odd way you'd think that McCabe hit would push even more momentum to our side, but well like said, it went way it went.

It was far from over in that 3-2 situation. We scored two pretty good goals and that 2nd period was way better from us than the 1st.

It's pretty obvious that we dropped the ball in the 1st, which is inexcusable, but in sports anything can happen and there was a chance after Nylander scored that 2nd goal.

If we'd been in Tampa's shoes no one would say that we couldn't had lost that game from that situation, even though we would have been up ahead 3-0.
Leafs don't have Vasilevsky.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Btw what sources are you referring to "3 posts down"?

Six posts down from what you were quoting, not three. Still, shouldn't have been very hard to find, since you have apparently read at least all of pages 3, 4 and 5 in this thread

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
because regular season is the same as the playoffs.
Yeah I just saw the playoff record.

It isn't discussed because it's completely false.

Sheldon Keefe *did not* testify against David Frost. Sheldon Keefe testified on behalf of David Frost and was one of the key witnesses that led to his acquittal.
Link?

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_132916_609.jpg
    IMG_20230419_132916_609.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
MacCauly has called 4 games where Keefe coached in the playoffs.. 3 times we had more penalties, the one game we didn't was the game he called back the Tavares goal.

I don't even know if there is a bias, I just think he is a terrible ref who must insert himself into games, but it is 100% a conflict of interest.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Six posts down from what you were quoting, not three. Still, shouldn't have been very hard to find, since you have apparently read at least all of pages 3, 4 and 5 in this thread
Those news articles are his source?? And where are the news articles getting private court info from??

Reactions: Pink Mist

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad