Red Wings longtime zamboni driver fired for peeing into a drain, suing saying he has a urinary disorder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Detroit Red Wings, the new Chicago Blackhawks.
If an employee went to the team and said this dude is pulling his junk out and peeing in a pipe and they did nothing, and the employee who reported it sued the team for failing to do anything….then they’d almost be like 5% comparable to the Blackhawks.

Naturally, most of the current “let him piss” crowd would be outraged the organization did not fire him in this scenario.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Everyone in this thread saying it's ok should start pissing in their workplace outside of the bathroom when they think no one is around and report back on how it goes.

I want one of the teachers here to whip it out behind their desk and piss in a bottle. I doubt we’ll hear “but only the janitor walking by saw it!”

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Everyone in this thread saying it's ok should start pissing in their workplace outside of the bathroom when they think no one is around and report back on how it goes.

Just did it yesterday in the work compound out of view, and to demonstrate the amount of people who cared or were adversely affected, I will use my dick to draw a large zero

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Did somebody say “abuse”? I used the word harassment. He whipped out his dick at work outside of the restroom. If somebody sees that, they can definitely make that case to their employer.
He's using his dick to urinate though. If exposing his dick is an issue then the employer should provide a covering device so he can whip it out with a covering device on so he doesn't offend anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Finlandia WOAT

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
If you drive Zamboni and you've never pissed in the pit, I don't trust that you can make a good cut. Real Zamboys know.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Where was the drain located? Haven't read up on the story to find out the details as I honestly don't think I could care any less. But it does seem rather reckless given the public profile of his employer and the amount of people who likely work there.

I've worked at some places where taking a quick leak in a drain outside the building wouldn't be an issue but those places of employment were local warehouses 20 years ago when the world was a lot different. Definitely not comparable to a Professional sports venue in today's society.

Seems like the guy is more guilty of being a dumb shit rather than peeing in a drain a work.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
He has a public urination permit from the city but his little brother ran out of the house with it that morning

• Haha
Reactions: Chinaski89

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Feel bad for the man, but nowhere in public is it okay for somebody to whip out their schlong for whatever reason it may be.

Too many potential disastrous situations that could have arose from this situation.

Did the organization have to fire him for it? No unless there is more to the story. A simple warning would have done the trick, but he’s still in the wrong regardless of what the organizations decision of punishment may or may not be.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If an employee went to the team and said this dude is pulling his junk out and peeing in a pipe and they did nothing, and the employee who reported it sued the team for failing to do anything….then they’d almost be like 5% comparable to the Blackhawks.

Naturally, most of the current “let him piss” crowd would be outraged the organization did not fire him in this scenario.

Yeah, it does seem like the scale is a little bit different, doesn't it...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Feel bad for the man, but nowhere in public is it okay for somebody to whip out their schlong for whatever reason it may be.

Too many potential disastrous situations that could have arose from this situation.

Did the organization have to fire him for it? No unless there is more to the story. A simple warning would have done the trick, but he’s still in the wrong regardless of what the organizations decision of punishment may or may not be.
Who knows what the history is. It definitely impacts his job performance given his role takes him around the building and his distance to the closest restroom will vary. Unlike being an office worker where the company can station your desk close to the restroom and limit you to meetings under an hour or something.

As someone mentioned earlier, if he has this condition and understanding the nature of his job and moving around the building, maybe he should have worn a adult diaper. He’s older now so he can’t rush to the restroom as quickly.

Reactions: 13to40

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
If he had a legitimate medical condition and failed to disclose it along with proper documentation, then he deserves to be punished. For whatever reason if there were other issues about his job performance, that may include your employment being terminated.

I don't understand the outrage. With the information we have now, I have no issue with him losing his job.

No sympathy for a guy who thinks whipping it out and pissing where he stood was ok. If his issue is that bad, then he likely can't do his job and should have gone to the team.
Like others have said, they have invented adult diapers. wear one.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

he was probably one of those old guys who think he's king shit as he's been there so long, and he could have pissed off a lot of people. This probably just gave the wings a good excuse to finally get rid of him.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Aaron Ward probably reading this story thinking he's lucky that Wings employee wasn't the one who caught him the time he pissed into the gas tank of Scotty Bowman's Mercedes instead of the head of security guy who saw him do it on a security cam and later deleted the incident after showing Ward the footage.

Ward told this story on Montreal sports radio a couple years ago. :)

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Ultimately, sounds like the guy is unable and unfit to perform the duties required of his job description if he's unable to make it to the bathroom and relieve himself in time. Either way, sounds like grounds for justifiable termination to me regardless of how you look at it.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'd piss my pants before pulling my pants down and exposing my private parts at my work site anywhere other than the bathroom. Perfectly vaild termination. It is not the act of urinating but the act of having your genitals exposed while at work. How unprofessional can one possibly be?

If someone saw his privates than that would be a massive workplace violation and a multi million dollar sexual harassment lawsuit.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Ex-Detroit Red Wings Zamboni driver Al Sobotka fired for peeing into drain

the-simpsons-towel.gif

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
this is just my opinion so......... i dont see the big deal, under certain circumstances in this situation. but on the other hand, all the you dont whip your dick out, bathroom 60 feet away, adult diaper peeps here also are right in any situation that could have occurred here. whether he thought the building area was empty or not. in any situation he is kind of at fault. i was in the hospital once and for like 3 months after i got out, if i had to pee or take a dump i had literally seconds before it was go time, so very soon after realizing this i took steps to where i would be prepared to deal. if this dude had a condition his workplace has the responsibility if they new about it to work with him as much as they can. it is his responsibility to take proper steps to make sure he deals with it. thers a drain where i work so i dont have to wear adult diapers, or try to take a leak before i do this or that isnt the adult thing to do. and when stuff like this happens, and companys jump on getting rid of someone, its usually because they are a dipshit, noy money related.

Reactions: Arpeggio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad