Red Wings longtime zamboni driver fired for peeing into a drain, suing saying he has a urinary disorder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think I probably need to hold off on judging both the zamboni driver and the Red Wings organization, but thinking about this from my own position in life, if I were at work and peed into a pipe that was not located in a bathroom, I'd be expecting to get fired. I may have a urinary tract infection, and my boss may even sympathize with me on it, but that doesn't mean I'm allowed to pee wherever I want.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
He's using his dick to urinate though. If exposing his dick is an issue then the employer should provide a covering device so he can whip it out with a covering device on so he doesn't offend anyone.

That's not how things actually work in large businesses the size of the Detroit Red Wings. There are parameters. An example of what an actual reasonable accommodation would look like could be that extra time be given in the bathroom of the person seeking accommodation to empty out their urine drainage bag. There's legal stuff here that the Wings would have to go through to protect themselves and the employee from other legal issues that normally wouldn't be present.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
If he had a legitimate medical condition and failed to disclose it along with proper documentation, then he deserves to be punished. For whatever reason if there were other issues about his job performance, that may include your employment being terminated.

I don't understand the outrage. With the information we have now, I have no issue with him losing his job.

No sympathy for a guy who thinks whipping it out and pissing where he stood was ok. If his issue is that bad, then he likely can't do his job and should have gone to the team.
Like others have said, they have invented adult diapers. wear one.
with the info we have now? are there details that came out that im not aware of that were not in the thread?

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
I think the real loser here is us, talking about a random dude's dink.

And given that I am also a loser, I think the only way to resolve this situation is with a series of challenges that involve drinking a lot of fluid and then performing random, complex physical activities. To see how long he can go without urinating in order for us to judge his medical condition and properly weigh in on his culpability.

• Haha
Reactions: Chinaski89

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Maybe he's a terrible person to work with. There's always going to be context that's important that we'll not know about.
Very true. I'm guessing he's been urinating in that sink for years - perhaps that's not the real reason he was terminated.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
As long as he wasn't feeding the geese by the drain, give him a slap on the wrist and be done with it. I've ran red lights because I've had to shit and or piss before.

I've taken plenty of leaks at golf courses too. Find a big tree and let it rip, no big deal.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Feel bad for the man, but nowhere in public is it okay for somebody to whip out their schlong for whatever reason it may be.

Too many potential disastrous situations that could have arose from this situation.

Did the organization have to fire him for it? No unless there is more to the story. A simple warning would have done the trick, but he’s still in the wrong regardless of what the organizations decision of punishment may or may not be.
I walk my dog for hours at a time and if I need to go I don't have any options other than to find a discreet place and go. It's not like he was waving his dick around to people, he had to urinate. He chose a drain instead of walking to the restroom when he thought he was alone. I don't buy the excuse that he couldn't make it, he was probably just being lazy and he had probably done it a million times. I honestly don't have an issue with it regardless.

As a side note I may also just be desensitized to it. I run an outdoor job and I could be having a meeting with 10 people and it is perfectly normal for people to go during it if they have to. Guys and girls. It's peeing. Everybody has to do it. I don't understand the weirdness around it.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Unreal how many people are defending this :laugh:

Apparently we have a lot of posters on hf who are down with whipping it out whenever they feel the need.
If you need to pee and find a discreet place to do it? Yeah, 100%.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i mean from that picture, that seems like a pretty harmless place to piss but i wouldn't be too happy if i was the next guy working under that zamboni knowing it's covered in piss splatter

i do think there's lot of prude office jockeys here that are surprised the world isn't the same as their office.. bet you'll be shocked to hear that construction workers piss on the site sometimes too, but i also think it's probably not the first time this guy's been told not to, and he's probably just looking for a final paycheck

"he probably should have known better" is what it boils down to

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Should Ovechkin have been fired from the Caps for this? Many violations here

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
this guys is a jackass for suing. just brings a ton of attention to him and makes him a laughingstock story.

you had 30+ years as the Zamboni driver. probably got benefits for life. just move on you loser.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So the Rangers should be banned from the NHL right?

the Stanley Cup caught fire for some reason as the Rangers were celebrating their 1940 championship, and they had to find a way to put out that fire. Unfortunately for everyone involved, they did not have a fire extinguisher or even water nearby to put out the fire, so the Rangers decided to pee on the Cup to put out the flames.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
So the Rangers should be banned from the NHL right?

the Stanley Cup caught fire for some reason as the Rangers were celebrating their 1940 championship, and they had to find a way to put out that fire. Unfortunately for everyone involved, they did not have a fire extinguisher or even water nearby to put out the fire, so the Rangers decided to pee on the Cup to put out the flames.

I don't think we have to worry about the ranger players from the 40s playing another game... or being employed anywhere.

Reactions: ricky0034
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad