Red Wings longtime zamboni driver fired for peeing into a drain, suing saying he has a urinary disorder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Then hopefully you would never be a manger for someone like that. I can't believe this post.
Are you a manager? I would love to come work for you.

Full disclosure i have a disorder and I may or may not take a dump in your office on a daily basis.

Oh and don't even think of asking me to wear a diaper that is humiliating. I also take zero accountability for any of my actions because.....disorder and stuff.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
If this was a one time occurrence for an old man who'd worked there for 50 years dealing with a new medical issue, then they should have given him a break here. That kind of condition is embarrassing and probably not an easy thing for him to accept, maybe he thought he could deal with it by holding it in and that'd he wouldn't end up in the position that he did. Give him the chance to figure out how to deal with his condition in a way that will let him continue to do his job (medication, depends) or just find another job for him in the building where he's always closer to a bathroom.

But if he's had this condition for a while, and knew this kind of thing could happen and he'd been peeing in various places at work before this, then I think firing him was reasonable. It's awful that he has such a condition, but it's also his responsibility to handle it in a way that doesn't involve peeing in random places at work.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
People realize urinating in public is a crime, yes?

"Sometimes I have to pee with such urgency I can't be more than 50 feet away from a toilet"... that would absolutely impact your job performance. If he had gone to the Wings they may have worked something out. Or maybe he was afraid they would push him into retirement, or even stop him from driving the Zamboni.
So is assault, yet something tells me you don’t advocate for Canes players to lose their jobs every time they lay a hit, because you know context matters

Reactions: AvsGuy

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Except you don't and are just mocking those that do.
You dont know me. How insensitive of you to say that.

Its comical how you are okay with completely ignoring ones personal responsibility. That guy could easily have worn a diaper and no one would be the wiser. When you hear disorder you think its okay to do whatever you want.....its not.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Its comical how you are okay with completely ignoring ones personal responsibility. That guy could easily have worn a diaper and no one would be the wiser. When you hear disorder you think its okay to do whatever you want.....its not.
Humans back in the day use to walk around naked. You realize that right?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
What kind of sick weirdo would tattle on him?
Lots of people pee in a bottle at work and don't get in trouble - just look at the recent Amazon story.
Justin Bieber peed in a bucket on video. Tons of people are doing it, and it's not unlawful.

Maybe he's a terrible person to work with. There's always going to be context that's important that we'll not know about.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't think it's fine but I don't think he should lose his job for it, if he hasn't received a warning before.

No one who has actually had personal interactions with Sobotka have much good to say about him so its not surprising he didnt receive a warning. There was also a pretty big blowout with management about the incident that also led to the termination if posters are to believed who are in the know on the situation.

Its 2022 though, you have your dick out at work youre playing with fire. There was a washroom 60 feet away as well. Theres just no excuse for it in todays day and age. The league has had a tonne of bad looks for sexual assault and things like that, the last things the wings need is someone coming out in a lawsuit saying their former boss exposed himself to them and he just retired and it was covered up

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
We never know all the facts with stuff like this it seems...

Having said that, it's definitely not a headline that makes the RedWings look too classy at the moment. Would be better if there is an "alternate" reality that would actually justify firing probably their longest tenured employee, that it come out strictly from a PR perspective.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I’ll say this much.. from an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity perspective, what would NOT have happened if he’d sought a reasonable accommodation would be permission from the employer to piss into a drain. I hope It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia can work this into an episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad