Red Wings longtime zamboni driver fired for peeing into a drain, suing saying he has a urinary disorder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The guy couldn't make it 50 feet to the bathroom? I mean if I was at work and someone was exposed taking a leak in a work area I would not be to happy about it either. Just because the guy has a disorder does not mean they can just let him urinate where ever he wants. What if he gets this so called uncontrollable urge to urinate while driving the zamboni, does he just take a leak at center ice or piss himself? If the issue was that bad he should have just discussed it with his bosses. I doubt its as uncontrollable as he claims otherwise there likely would have been other incidents.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The vast majority of adults would go to a bathroom, which was an option in this case. Even little kids know to use the bathroom.
Meh, maybe where you're from? I grew up in a small nowhere town, if I was outside and I had to go I didn't bother going inside even if I was right next to my house, and that was perfectly fine and normal.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
the guy who tattled on him for taking a whiz into the drain should feel guilty he lost his longtime job.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Meh, maybe where you're from? I grew up in a small nowhere town, if I was outside and I had to go I didn't bother going inside even if I was right next to my house, and that was perfectly fine and normal.

I’m from the civilized world, where are you from? :laugh:

Anyway, you peeing in your yard which sounds like it was in a rural area has no bearing on this case. Dude whipped it out in his place of employment. Some of you want to normalize this for some odd reason but its not normal behaviour. What this guy did was a really dumb choice.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Also from a small nowhere town, cannot confirm. Where the hell do you live? Just go inside weirdo :laugh:

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
I love how when anybody posts in here it bumps it up under Normal threads.
248F6206-A5E1-4D6E-91CD-A6C99B580C96.jpeg

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Also from a small nowhere town, cannot confirm. Where the hell do you live? Just go inside weirdo :laugh:
Why waste time just to waste water when the result is the same? It's not like every other animal isn't already peeing outside. Didn't make sense to go inside, take off my boots, go to the bathroom, put my boots back on, then get back to work outside. Just not efficient.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Why waste time just to waste water when the result is the same? It's not like every other animal isn't already peeing outside. Didn't make sense to go inside, take off my boots, go to the bathroom, put my boots back on, then get back to work outside. Just not efficient.
Yeah but human shit is disgusting with a very noticeable odour. Also just weird :laugh:

Not that I could do it if I tried anyways. I have a psychological block where unless I'm at my home toilet I can't poop.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think I probably need to hold off on judging both the zamboni driver and the Red Wings organization, but thinking about this from my own position in life, if I were at work and peed into a pipe that was not located in a bathroom, I'd be expecting to get fired. I may have a urinary tract infection, and my boss may even sympathize with me on it, but that doesn't mean I'm allowed to pee wherever I want.
Just an fyi, i don't think he was employed by the Red Wings iirc.

Reactions: BagHead

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah but human shit is disgusting with a very noticeable odour. Also just weird :laugh:

Not that I could do it if I tried anyways. I have a psychological block where unless I'm at my home toilet I can't poop.
Oh I wasn't talking about shit, that's a whole different ballgame. That one I'll go in for.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm telling you I've had this condition since I was 11 years old. I've been in and out of hospitals my whole life. I have no control over it. Doctors have told me that when I feel it, the best thing to do is just release it. Otherwise, I could die. Do you hear what I'm saying to you? I'm telling you that if I don't go, I could die. Die. Is it worth dying for? Oh, so you don't care if I die? Why would I do it unless I was in mortal danger? I know it's against the law. Because I could get uromysitisis poisoning and die. That's why. You think I enjoy living like this? The shame. The humiliation. You know, I've been issued a public urination pass by the city because of my condition. Unfortunately, my little brother ran out of the house with it this morning. Him and his friends are probably peeing all over the place.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I think the bus pooper poster influenced my thinking :laugh: I swear I thought you mentioned going #2 outside. My B.
Perfectly normal and usually necessary at my job to do that, but that's because we work in the middle of the forest.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I don't think that it's been mentioned yet, but if his position is that he had a medical condition that prevented him from walking 60 ft (a distance mentioned numerous times in the thread), then wouldn't it stand to reason that this condition could conceivably rear its ugly little head :laugh: while he was driving the Zamboni in a packed arena and much further than 60 ft from the nearest bathroom, or even exit from the ice surface?

I would think that the bona fide occupational requirements for the job would include not whipping it out in front of 19,000 people, including children. The only accommodation that could be made in that case would be catheterization, and I suspect that the driver wouldn't be a big fan of that.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'm telling you I've had this condition since I was 11 years old. I've been in and out of hospitals my whole life. I have no control over it. Doctors have told me that when I feel it, the best thing to do is just release it. Otherwise, I could die. Do you hear what I'm saying to you? I'm telling you that if I don't go, I could die. Die. Is it worth dying for? Oh, so you don't care if I die? Why would I do it unless I was in mortal danger? I know it's against the law. Because I could get uromysitisis poisoning and die. That's why. You think I enjoy living like this? The shame. The humiliation. You know, I've been issued a public urination pass by the city because of my condition. Unfortunately, my little brother ran out of the house with it this morning. Him and his friends are probably peeing all over the place.
You had me in the first half…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad