RD Tristan Luneau - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 53rd, ANA)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Honestly - there should be WAY more talk about this kid.

He is leading one of the best teams in the QMJHL in scoring as a defender. Is well over a PPG and is playing his strong two way game.

A lot of talk about Hutson as a second round defender that is smashing expectations but what Luneau has done in Gatineau this year has been almost as impressive.

Crazy there hasn’t been anyone updating this thread this year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

He is leading one of the best teams in the QMJHL in scoring as a defender. Is well over a PPG and is playing his strong two way game.

A lot of talk about Hutson as a second round defender that is smashing expectations but what Luneau has done in Gatineau this year has been almost as impressive.

He's a Duck... No surprises his thread is dead.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

Just the way we like it /s

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's a Duck... No surprises his thread is dead.

Yeah, there are four teams that kind of dominate the thread talk in this particular forum and the Ducks are not one of them.

Gatineau, with the addition of Kidney, look like they could contend with the Remparts to come out as Q champion. Luneau may have a very long spring of important hockey ahead of him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

He's been looking good and purely dominant at times. And yeah, he has been putting up a pretty remarkable season.

For us Ducks fans it can get tiring of keep updating all our defensemen on the main boards :sarcasm: But looks like Luneau will have a bright future – he fell in the draft because of a big injury but looks like he is getting over it.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The only Ducks prospects I can think of that have gotten a ton of hype were players that killed it at the WJC (Zegras and Drysdale in 2020, McTavish and Zellweger in 2021).

Other then that this is pretty standard.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Liked this player in his draft year even though his stock was sinking, wanted my team to trade down and take him...glad he is doing well.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Don’t forget Pavel Mintyukov & Tyson Hinds. Hinds is criminally underrated.
I also think Ian Moore has NHL potential but is some years away. Oh, and there is LaCombe who's 5th in NCAA D scoring.

But yes, Hinds might be the most underrated.

But back on topic, Luneau albeit leading his team in scoring would drop a few spots if calculated on a PPG basis. But he's still damn good.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Yeah, there are four teams that kind of dominate the thread talk in this particular forum and the Ducks are not one of them.

Gatineau, with the addition of Kidney, look like they could contend with the Remparts to come out as Q champion. Luneau may have a very long spring of important hockey ahead of him.
Depending on players like Leneau coming back or not, Gatineau may be even better next season as well

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I also think Ian Moore has NHL potential but is some years away. Oh, and there is LaCombe who's 5th in NCAA D scoring.

But yes, Hinds might be the most underrated.

But back on topic, Luneau albeit leading his team in scoring would drop a few spots if calculated on a PPG basis. But he's still damn good.
I’m assuming Moore is gone. He is going into his senior year at Harvard next year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I’m assuming Moore is gone. He is going into his senior year at Harvard next year.
It's likely, but we cannot know for sure. I hope we are able to get him.

Anyway, back to Luneau :laugh: I guess he's our 2nd best RHD prospect/young player behind Drysdale.

Then Warren, Helleson in that order. Not sure if I'm forgetting someone.

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Anaheim prospect that plays in the QMJHL and doesn’t play a flashy game.

But I agree. He is showing that he should have been a first rounder.
I've always had him mid first as one if the top Ds in the draft with Nemec, Jiricek and Mintyukov. I wanted Montreal to trade up to draft him if still available around #20, can you imagine that?

Guy was drafted #1 OA in the Q for a reason. Got his knee injured, and suddenly Maverick Lamoureux is better??? Even Anaheim drafted Warren before him. Are you kidding me?

Pathetic scouting if you ask me.

Was so mad when the Habs drafted Mesar and Beck instead of him.

LePerilsofPerreault

Mar 20, 2022
Tryna get away, man
I've always had him mid first as one if the top Ds in the draft with Nemec, Jiricek and Mintyukov. I wanted Montreal to trade up to draft him if still available around #20, can you imagine that?

Guy was drafted #1 OA in the Q for a reason. Got his knee injured, and suddenly Maverick Lamoureux is better??? Even Anaheim drafted Warren before him. Are you kidding me?

It is insane we went Warren before him, we don’t have any that big that can skate like him though. I remember Luneau being a mid-first rounder in some pre-season mocks, injury really scared everyone off.

Oct 18, 2011

Well it seems like he was going to be a 1st before his injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad