RD Tristan Luneau - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 53rd, ANA)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That kid is being slept on by many lists that put him outside the 1st round.

My prediction?

If he is still available at around #20, Montreal trades up with Calgary's pick to grab him.

Local kid. All-around RHD with size. Great attitude. Former #1 OA in the QJMHL. Draft in Montreal. IMO the top Q player available in the draft before Gaucher. Fits right there in that Montreal prospect pool on the right side that lacks talent beside Mailloux and Barron.

No brainer pick. Might end up the top D in the draft with Nemec and Jiricek IMO.

Reactions: McDoused

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The First Overall Pick in the 2020 QMJHL Draft, Tristan Luneau has developed into a strong two-way defender for the Gatineau Olympiques. In 2020-21, he put up four goals and 14 assists for 18 points in 31 games. He earned a spot on the QMJHL All-Rookie Team. He was also named the winner of the Raymond Lagace Trophy as the QMJHL’s Defensive Rookie of the Year. Luneau also added one assist in four playoff games. Unfortunately, the Olympiques would lose their first-round series, three games to one to the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada.

Reactions: Dominance

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Man page 1 of this thread got me really excited... sounds like his injury and playing in the Q caused him to drop to the Ducks.

Reactions: Vipers31

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I really wanted Luneau with the 30th pick on the board. Nice pick up from the Ducks

Reactions: bsu

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Pretty happy with this pick from the Ducks perspective. Damn strong D pool. Hopefully we signed a stop gap veteran to bridge the gap to our D prospects.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He's a good contrast to the rest of the Ducks defensemen, safer and more calculated. I hope he doesn't end up being similar to Larsson though because I feel like his skating is pretty similar right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Zero chance, he will be closer to 1 than he is to 30

I think he goes somewhere 10-20. If Jiricek and Nemec both go closer to 1 than 10 though I could see a team taking Luneau very high because of his prestigous RD position.

He likley won’t drop that far.

IMO this guy does not drop out of the first round. But if you have picks to play with to move back up, who knows.

Defenders such as Luneau don’t drop outside of the 1st round.

I would be shocked if he goes top 20.

That kid is being slept on by many lists that put him outside the 1st round.

My prediction?

If he is still available at around #20, Montreal trades up with Calgary's pick to grab him.

Local kid. All-around RHD with size. Great attitude. Former #1 OA in the QJMHL. Draft in Montreal. IMO the top Q player available in the draft before Gaucher. Fits right there in that Montreal prospect pool on the right side that lacks talent beside Mailloux and Barron.

No brainer pick. Might end up the top D in the draft with Nemec and Jiricek IMO.

kept saying I didn't see him going top 20. But should be a good pickup for the Ducks at 53rd OA.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
From the Athletic:

Tristan Luneau, RHD, Anaheim: Luneau had a good year, but not as good as expected for the No. 1 QMJHL pick who was very impressive as a 16-year-old. It was thus a bit of a pleasant surprise that he not only held his own at a U20 camp, but was good. Luneau was moving the puck very well, and able to make plays that led to scoring chances. His defending isn’t anything great, but his offensive play looked legit.

Reactions: lwvs84

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Luneau coming off of a 2+3 game, now 7+15 in 20 games, good for number two in defenseman scoring in the QMJHL. Good start to the season for him.
I wonder what the chances are the ducks have the leading defensive point getter in all 3 Canadian jr leagues.

Mintyukov currently leading the OHL

Zellweger(top 5) led last year, off to a slowish start for him point wise but still generating a crazy amount of shots and offense, I imagine he’ll eventually take the lead in WHL.

Luneau #2 in qmjhl, really started to heat up…. He’s prob the least likely to lead out of the 3.

Lacombe is also #2 in ncaa scoring from back end

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I wonder what the chances are the ducks have the leading defensive point getter in all 3 Canadian jr leagues.

Mintyukov currently leading the OHL

Zellweger(top 5) led last year, off to a slowish start for him point wise but still generating a crazy amount of shots and offense, I imagine he’ll eventually take the lead in WHL.

Luneau #2 in qmjhl, really started to heat up…. He’s prob the least likely to lead out of the 3.

Lacombe is also #2 in ncaa scoring from back end
How’s it looking for lacombe being signed after his college season for the ducks?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How’s it looking for lacombe being signed after his college season for the ducks?
No clue tbh... kinda a bit worried about him and thrun(granted both seem to be friends with Zegras)

If their goal is to play in the NHL asap... ducks are a pretty good bet, would suck to get Justin Schultz'd again.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No clue tbh... kinda a bit worried about him and thrun(granted both seem to be friends with Zegras)

If their goal is to play in the NHL asap... ducks are a pretty good bet, would suck to get Justin Schultz'd again.
Agreed was just wondering after looking at his numbers over his college career. Lots of spots available on the ducks blue line this season if he can sign while their still playing.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed was just wondering after looking at his numbers over his college career. Lots of spots available on the ducks blue line this season if he can sign while their still playing.
Im hoping in Lacombes case, he sticks with anaheim.... Anaheim went pretty off the board for him.... so it was obviously a guy our scouts had a lot of faith in.

Reactions: Kalv and Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad