Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Imagine if we got Dahlin and Allen covers in the same year.
I mean that would be nice but we all know what everyone really wants:
FB_IMG_1686519795432.jpg

Reactions: KiwiGriff

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
not looking like an extension this year

Not really a reason for Dahlin to sign one. He has all the leverage if he has another Norris caliber season this year. If Sabres do not meet his demand, he can sign a QO after next year and then go UFA

I do not see him signing for less than 12 if he has another Norris season

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Not really a reason for Dahlin to sign one. He has all the leverage if he has another Norris caliber season this year. If Sabres do not meet his demand, he can sign a QO after next year and then go UFA

Why do you think that? The Dahlin extension is like the worst kept secret in Buffalo sports.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Nonsense

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

I mean, yeah sure he could wait until next year. But it’s way too soon to be saying “not looking like an extension this year”. Afaik He’s only been able to sign an extension for just over a month now (July 1st). Training camp didn’t even start yet. How many players with 1 year to UFA have signed extensions yet (like Matthews, Nylander, Guentzel, etc)? How many prominent RFA’s next year have signed extensions so far this summer? Doesn’t seem like very many yet in either group.

Looking at when we have seen other young Sabres players sign their contract extensions:

Thompson signed Aug. 30th
Samuelsson signed in October.
Cozens didn’t sign his until February

I’d say it’s far too soon to say.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Dahlin has a very good reason to sign an extension this summer: insurance against injury. The amount extra he could squeeze out by doing what you suggest is probably 1-1.5M a year maybe. When you're already going to be making 10M, I think the risk outweighs the benefit. Take the guaranteed deal and term.

There's been zero reports that the team and Dahlin are far away or anything. It'll happen, it's just a matter of when.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
If TC rolls around and he is still not signed, I start to get uneasy, but i think they're just waiting on him to be in Buffalo.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Dahlin has a very good reason to sign an extension this summer: insurance against injury. The amount extra he could squeeze out by doing what you suggest is probably 1-1.5M a year maybe. When you're already going to be making 10M, I think the risk outweighs the benefit. Take the guaranteed deal and term.

There's been zero reports that the team and Dahlin are far away or anything. It'll happen, it's just a matter of when.

I think it can be 2-4M more per year if he bets on himself

If he puts up 100+ points and wins the Hart, Dahlin could even get a max contract as a RFA

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad