Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
It will be an interesting contract to watch. I am still in the trade Dahlin camp. I just don't think he is worth $10 mil plus relative to TNT's contract and the Sabres have a lot of young talent coming. Add that to the fact the trade value would be huge. Sabres can ask for the world.
What did you do? Did you do that? Bad dog! Bad, bad dog!

(Rubs nose in the carpet.) Do NOT make wee wee on the rug! Only outside! Bad, BAD, dog!

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
"Sabres General Manager Andy Kaufman announced the trade of 23-year old Rasmus Dahlin today..."

Just to take some heat off that "post," who is the best player ever to be traded literally just as he entered his prime?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
"Sabres General Manager Andy Kaufman announced the trade of 23-year old Rasmus Dahlin today..."

Just to take some heat off that "post," who is the best player ever to be traded literally just as he entered his prime?
Lindros?

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
We don't have the D to trade Dahlin.

If we had LEGIT top 4 D, then we could have that discussion. Right now, we have Power and Sammy if we trade Dahlin. That's it!

If you do a blockbuster trade, you trade one of our forwards as those can be replaced

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
It will be an interesting contract to watch. I am still in the trade Dahlin camp. I just don't think he is worth $10 mil plus relative to TNT's contract and the Sabres have a lot of young talent coming. Add that to the fact the trade value would be huge. Sabres can ask for the world.
No thank you

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, let's trade our by far best player for lesser pieces. What a great idea.
before the heat comes hard, I dont agree with it

but seattle and vegas in their first 2 seasons, and then some teams like carolina and maybe 2-3 others have had very good success with being deep in value contracts, and if im trying to take the op in a light thats the most sane, I think the point is that cap is a much more valuable commodity than the league as a whole gives it credit for

a single hockey player is not as valuable as a line of hockey players, and if you have 2,3,4 10+ million dollar players, then you probably also have a 5 million dollar third line or a 3 million dollar third pairing and that those 2 things have a far greater impact on game to game outcomes

I dont have specifics right now but I think theres at least something interesting to discuss about cap distribution through the lineup and where does the money make the most sense

personally, id ideally want to spend on 2 centers and 2 d men then spread the money pretty evenly across the rest of the roster instead of having torontos structure of 6 big contracts and then clearance rack filler, if i was a gm id be throwing 1st round picks at any bottom 6 bottom pairing guy on a sweet heart deal for their ability

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
before the heat comes hard, I dont agree with it

but seattle and vegas in their first 2 seasons, and then some teams like carolina and maybe 2-3 others have had very good success with being deep in value contracts, and if im trying to take the op in a light thats the most sane, I think the point is that cap is a much more valuable commodity than the league as a whole gives it credit for

a single hockey player is not as valuable as a line of hockey players, and if you have 2,3,4 10+ million dollar players, then you probably also have a 5 million dollar third line or a 3 million dollar third pairing and that those 2 things have a far greater impact on game to game outcomes

I dont have specifics right now but I think theres at least something interesting to discuss about cap distribution through the lineup and where does the money make the most sense

personally, id ideally want to spend on 2 centers and 2 d men then spread the money pretty evenly across the rest of the roster instead of having torontos structure of 6 big contracts and then clearance rack filler, if i was a gm id be throwing 1st round picks at any bottom 6 bottom pairing guy on a sweet heart deal for their ability
Tampa? Colorado? They too win cup and they have big contracts.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Tampa? Colorado? They too win cup and they have big contracts.
tampa is the king of affordable depth contracts that they buy at a premium of picks, yzerman was brilliant at it, and colorado got a cheap goalie and nazem khadri to play way above their contracts during that run

but I dont want you to confuse my post with saying thats the only way, you still need your stars, but I think theres more than 1 way to build a roster and going wide with your cap is something a lot of teams dont do

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
tampa is the king of affordable depth contracts that they buy at a premium of picks, yzerman was brilliant at it, and colorado got a cheap goalie and nazem khadri to play way above their contracts during that run

but I dont want you to confuse my post with saying thats the only way, you still need your stars, but I think theres more than 1 way to build a roster and going wide with your cap is something a lot of teams dont do
I'm sure you can win the cup in many ways, but obviously you don't trade a player like Dahlin. Same thing, Tampa doesn't trade Hedman and Colorado Makar.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
I'm sure you can win the cup in many ways, but obviously you don't trade a player like Dahlin. Same thing, Tampa doesn't trade Hedman and Colorado Makar.
no, theres players that are going to carry you to a cup and you need those players, id say this isnt a discussion about marsh and eichel, its a discussion about patches and fluery

once you have your tage and dahlin does a skinner need that much money or would you better with more cost controlled players

but if your development program is s tier then you can cycle in elcs and cheap rfas who contribute for the same effect

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
no, theres players that are going to carry you to a cup and you need those players, id say this isnt a discussion about marsh and eichel, its a discussion about patches and fluery

once you have your tage and dahlin does a skinner need that much money or would you better with more cost controlled players

but if your development program is s tier then you can cycle in elcs and cheap rfas who contribute for the same effect
Well, there's nothing we can do about Skinner and we don't and won't have a cap problem because Adams has already smartly locked up Thompson, Cozens and Samuelsson for the long term. While Matthews will probably be making 12-13 million in Toronto, Tage will play for 7 million, and the difference between the players is minimal. This is also where our prospects with ELС contracts will come in handy, which will replenish roster every year.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Well, there's nothing we can do about Skinner and we don't and won't have a cap problem because Adams has already smartly locked up Thompson, Cozens and Samuelsson for the long term. While Matthews will probably be making 12-13 million in Toronto, Tage will play for 7 million, and the difference between the players is minimal. This is also where our prospects with ELС contracts will come in handy, which will replenish roster every year.
thompson and cozens contracts are sweet, and honestly dahlin at 10 is probably pretty sweet by 2026

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Oh yeah baby, that’s the good stuff. Off-season hot takes

• Haha
Reactions: Dex

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Tampa paid a premium for value contracts to supplement their core because they paid and kept their core.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I didn't realize there even was a "trade Dahlin camp". :help:

There is. But that camp is around hobo fire barrels and smells like shit.

1687141912671.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad