Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’m all fairness, it’s only like 8 stars fans that do it and five Finnish fans (though there’s an overlap between the two!). But yea, I don’t see any Sabres fans or Swedish fans who care

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I was today years old when I finally Googled what TL;DR means. I hope this ain’t the beginning of being old and having to translate internet acronyms and young-people language.

8x10 sounds great. I was hoping he’d go for under 10 but I also look at it from Dahlin’s side … the difference between 9.9 and 10 is huge psychologically for him. Either way, I suspect we are getting a great deal.
Happens to all of us sooner or later.
I remember the first time feeling old as early as age 21. It really was a memorable moment though when my elementary school teacher handed me that final report card.

As for Dahlin's contract I'm quite satisfied, actually. With the cap expected to go up and him only getting better this could look like a real steal very soon.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I had unrealistic dreams of Dahlin taking $7.5 - $9 aav.. Not because I'm worried about him being higher - but, along with Tage, Sammy and Cozens, it sort of sets unnofficial bars for future contracts that might shave $.5 - $1 off of several other future deals. We saw the rare occurance of this with the Bruins of the last decade (until Pasta broke the bank).

$10M will be fine and will probably still be a good deal, ultimately. Want to see Adams continue to lock up the right players with smart, long contracts.

Reactions: JLewyB

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I had unrealistic dreams of Dahlin taking $7.5 - $9 aav.. Not because I'm worried about him being higher - but, along with Tage, Sammy and Cozens, it sort of sets unnofficial bars for future contracts that might shave $.5 - $1 off of several other future deals. We saw the rare occurance of this with the Bruins of the last decade (until Pasta broke the bank).

$10M will be fine and will probably still be a good deal, ultimately. Want to see Adams continue to lock up the right players with smart, long contracts.
I read somewhere that Dahlin could be valued at 12.7m per based on some algo projection. That’s a pretty solid 2.7 shaved off, especially taking into account cap stagnation due to the pandemic and future increases.

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I was always under impression that #1 D was worth more than the #1C since they are out literally half the game and can drive both offense and D. The Fox group of D feel underpaid so even Dahlin coming out on top feels like a steal.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I was always under impression that #1 D was worth more than the #1C since they are out literally half the game and can drive both offense and D. The Fox group of D feel underpaid so even Dahlin coming out on top feels like a steal.
Pretty much all the models agree that forwards are generally bigger drivers of success but the absolute top top guys like Fox/Makar/Dahlin are on that level and probably should be paid accordingly. 10M for mostly UFA years is an incredible deal for us.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I said it before and i will say it again he is datsyuk on defense the way he breaks ankles with just his shifty and deceptive body movement is extremely reminiscent never mind the insane hands and vision

He does things to get separation and generate space for himself in his own zone like no one I have ever watched play defense. His work along the wall in the d-zone has artistry to it that doesn't land on the scoresheet yet is still capable of having me "wow" out loud a number of times per game.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Pretty much all the models agree that forwards are generally bigger drivers of success but the absolute top top guys like Fox/Makar/Dahlin are on that level and probably should be paid accordingly. 10M for mostly UFA years is an incredible deal for us.
My belief, it’s largely because the models are bad.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
It will be an interesting contract to watch. I am still in the trade Dahlin camp. I just don't think he is worth $10 mil plus relative to TNT's contract and the Sabres have a lot of young talent coming. Add that to the fact the trade value would be huge. Sabres can ask for the world.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It will be an interesting contract to watch. I am still in the trade Dahlin camp. I just don't think he is worth $10 mil plus relative to TNT's contract and the Sabres have a lot of young talent coming. Add that to the fact the trade value would be huge. Sabres can ask for the world.
He costs more than 10M, even EH and Athletic seem to have calculated this. Pay him whatever he wants, if it's 10 million, great, that's a good deal.

You have to be an idiot (sorry) to trade Dahlin.

Perry Tegula

Yes... that'll do
Dec 7, 2022

He is the young talent. He is the best of the young talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad