Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
“You made my post about Dahlin, not me!” He yells in the Rasmus Dahlin thread
Yes. 100%. Thats exactly what happened. I made a legit post, it got twisted just so someone could find a way to pump their Dahlin love some more by hating on me about something I didn't say. And when I pushed back, you made this childish response. Good job. You should be so proud.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Yes. 100%. Thats exactly what happened. I made a legit post, it got twisted just so someone could find a way to pump their Dahlin love some more by hating on me about something I didn't say. And when I pushed back, you made this childish response. Good job. You should be so proud.
Nobody is picking on you brother, you get push back and claim everyone is ganging up on you. Just like you are in this post and the one before it.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Nobody is picking on you brother, you get push back and claim everyone is ganging up on you. Just like you are in this post and the one before it.
Your post is not push back. You were not critiquing my post, or making a counter argument. You were attacking the poster, not the post. Thats poor board etiquette.

I am more than happy to have people disagree with my posts, and make a logical counter argument. You were not doing that, you were just mocking me.

Reactions: Moncton man

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Your post is not push back. You were not critiquing my post, or making a counter argument. You were attacking the poster, not the post. Thats poor board etiquette.

I am more than happy to have people disagree with my posts, and make a logical counter argument. You were not doing that, you were just mocking me.
My post IS push back. We had multiple posters post why your opinion was wrong, your response was that you weren't talking about Dahlin, they made it about Dahlin.

My response boiled down is that you're in the Dahlin thread, what are you expecting? You're ignoring factual evidence that what you said is wrong. You are instead singling my post to play the "I'm being bullied" card instead of facing that you're posting things with no backing. Being negative to be negative even with evidence that says contrary.

But I'm not going to get into arguing in circles about this. Dahlin's defensive game was elite this year and the stats back it up. Bottom line.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
You guys are always looking to pick fights and put other posters down. Makes it pretty hard to have legit conversations. I used to enjoy some of the discussions on this board, but its gotten to where if you say anything even remotely negative about any of the fanboy favorites, you just get ganked.

Yes it is a Dahlin thread. The discussion was about him not being top 3 in voting. I made a comment about how I didn't like the way Norris had become a points total race instead of best all around defenseman race. Thats a legit segway off that conversation.

My only pushback is that the word is “segue”, not segway

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
My post IS push back. We had multiple posters post why your opinion was wrong, your response was that you weren't talking about Dahlin, they made it about Dahlin.

My response boiled down is that you're in the Dahlin thread, what are you expecting? You're ignoring factual evidence that what you said is wrong. You are instead singling my post to play the "I'm being bullied" card instead of facing that you're posting things with no backing. Being negative to be negative even with evidence that says contrary.

But I'm not going to get into arguing in circles about this. Dahlin's defensive game was elite this year and the stats back it up. Bottom line.
Player Discussion - Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Ok. Here is my original post. Did you read it? What was my opinion here? It certainly is not what was responded too.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Makar got the gas off of last season. Among the best in the league but not the McDavid at D he was made to be
Why do you say that? He was on pace for 90 points this year (60gms 66pts).

Last year he was on a 92pt pace (78gms 87pts)
In the playoffs prior to this year -> 55gms 15g 59ts

He seems like the same offensive dynamo as last season. Which is impressive considering the losses they had to the offense (Landeskog, Kadri, etc).

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Why do you say that? He was on pace for 90 points this year (60gms 66pts).

Last year he was on a 92pt pace (78gms 87pts)
In the playoffs prior to this year -> 55gms 15g 59ts

He seems like the same offensive dynamo as last season. Which is impressive considering the losses they had to the offense (Landeskog, Kadri, etc).
Pace and situation aside I think the flash outweighs the substance to the extent that a legit Norris contender is instead viewed as a generational player

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm wondering whether Dahlin is as patient as Adams is with the development of this team, and whether this will come into play with his contract negotiations.

Will Dahlin want to hear his plan for improving the team now? Is Adams altering the plan because of this pressure? (ie big game goaltender hunting instead of going with UPL/Levi)

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm wondering whether Dahlin is as patient as Adams is with the development of this team, and whether this will come into play with his contract negotiations.

Will Dahlin want to hear his plan for improving the team now? Is Adams altering the plan because of this pressure? (ie big game goaltender hunting instead of going with UPL/Levi)
You’re not wondering. You’re projecting your own thoughts onto Dahlin and hoping they might be true. There is nothing to indicate Dahlin feels this way or is the type to force moves on a GM.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
TL;DR for those without a subscription?

As a result, the Sabres are ready to make a financial commitment to the Swedish-born defenseman. This isn’t a surprise as Kevyn Adams indicated that this was his plan going into the offseason. Multiple sources have indicated the two sides have been working away on a contract extension and they’re close to finalizing an agreement. The expectation is it’ll be a long-term deal with an annual average value of around $10 million once it is completed.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Can’t complaint about that. $10m AAV on a deal that buys a bunch of UFA years for a kid competing for the Norris at 22 should age pretty well, especially once the cap starts climbing again.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Fjordy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad