Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe he will do 7.2, keeping in line with Tage and Cozens.
The only way that would happen is if it was 7.2 for one year so he can cash in in UFA

the player cards the athletic puts out values Dahlin‘s last season as he enters his prime at 12.7 million. Around 10 isn’t just good value for what he is…it’s amazing for what he will be

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The only way that would happen is if it was 7.2 for one year so he can cash in in UFA

the player cards the athletic puts out values Dahlin‘s last season as he enters his prime at 12.7 million. Around 10 isn’t just good value for what he is…it’s amazing for what he will be
That was a joke, but yes.

Reactions: schpaff

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm fine with 10 x 8, he deserve it.
He didn't perform as well in ELC as Miro H. did. Thus he had to go bridge. Made sense for both sides. If you compare him to Miro, if the $10 mill aav is correct, it nets out the same in real money.

Miro at $67.6 mill for 8 years at $8.45 AAV. Dahlin $18 mill over 3 for $6mill AAV. Just under a $50 mill difference, thus at $10 mill per it basically is the same total money over 8 years.

Just the difference of having the confidence to do 8 years for both sides and being able to afford the higher cap in the first 3 years and enjoy the savings over the final 5.

Dallas took on $2.45 mill more per for $7.35 mill and will be $1.55 mill less over the next 5.

TB bridged Point and Serg cause they needed the cap space to compete with their core guys. Paid them later. But, if you are not ready to contend, it's best to do the term and enjoy the savings later when you can contend. But, that only works when the player performs well in ELC. Dahlin was up and dow and thus needed more time to show the consistency.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
TL;DR for those without a subscription?
I was today years old when I finally Googled what TL;DR means. I hope this ain’t the beginning of being old and having to translate internet acronyms and young-people language.

8x10 sounds great. I was hoping he’d go for under 10 but I also look at it from Dahlin’s side … the difference between 9.9 and 10 is huge psychologically for him. Either way, I suspect we are getting a great deal.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I was today years old when I finally Googled what TL;DR means. I hope this ain’t the beginning of being old and having to translate internet acronyms and young-people language.

8x10 sounds great. I was hoping he’d go for under 10 but I also look at it from Dahlin’s side … the difference between 9.9 and 10 is huge psychologically for him. Either way, I suspect we are getting a great deal.
Here you go

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
If you have to avoid needing to look up popular slang, then it's already too late.

Welcome to geezerhood!

:wally:
Post of the day for timely and appropriate insertion of the seldom used "old man" emoji.

Nice work!

And to keep this on the subject of Dahlin - he's the best allround defensemen I've seen since I started watching the Sabres in their inaugural season. Glad they've reached an agreement. :wave:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad