Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Lidstrom is the second best defenseman ever. I don’t know about that but I’d love to see it, and I’ve had Dahls back he would work out through the lows and highs. I can see a couple Norris trophies coming, the team hardware is what really matters when comparing to the greats.
So if Kevyn Adams does an amazing job constructing a team, Dahlin could become one of the greats? But if Kevyn fails, Dahlin wouldn't be?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I have no disrespect for Makar, but I'd take Dahlin over him, due to his bite, and his two way game. I think he's a vastly improving player. Makar is a top tier talent for sure.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I have no disrespect for Makar, but I'd take Dahlin over him, due to his bite, and his two way game. I think he's a vastly improving player. Makar is a top tier talent for sure.

To me, it kind of seems beyond question that Dahlin has been the better of the 2 so far this season. (I'd also take Dahlin going forward because, unlike much of HF, I haven't made the mistake of comparing an 18yo Dahlin to a 22yo Makar and thinking, "well, that settles that." But that's a different debate.)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I know it's been said a million times, but he is about to get so much damn money
It’s why I want to throw my iPad whenever someone brings up bridging Owen Power. You pay him whatever the number is to get 8 years. Because this will happen again. Look at the trajectory of the team…especially in the goal scoring department. Whatever it takes will be less than what it will end up

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It’s why I want to throw my iPad whenever someone brings up bridging Owen Power. You pay him whatever the number is to get 8 years. Because this will happen again. Look at the trajectory of the team…especially in the goal scoring department. Whatever it takes will be less than what it will end up
Absolutely. Let’s lock up the big guns Dahlin, Power, Cozens now and be done with it.

We’ll get some relief as the cap goes up as the years go by. Skinner can be bought out in a code red emergency situation as well in a few years if it calls for it to inject off the top of my head nearly 6.5 in space? Getter done Adams.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
To me, it kind of seems beyond question that Dahlin has been the better of the 2 so far this season. (I'd also take Dahlin going forward because, unlike much of HF, I haven't made the mistake of comparing an 18yo Dahlin to a 22yo Makar and thinking, "well, that settles that." But that's a different debate.)
Did time stop for 2 years for Dahlin?

They're 2 years apart

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Dahlin is now a +600 for Norris on MGM was +2500 when I placed my bet. Makar is still the favorite at +140.
got him at +5000 beginning of the season threw 50$ on that. 50$ on don Granato to win COTY @ +3000 (If we makes playoffs he will forsure be a finalist) and 50$ on Peterka for calder @+ 5000
One of those is hitting maybe 2 if the stars align and we make playoffs because of Dahlin / Tages explosion due to granato unlocking their potential

Shitman Tage might win the hart if we make playoffs .the sabres could potentially have 4 awards given to their players on their team

Tage wins rocket and hart/ dahlin norris / Don granato wins jack adams

has that ever happened?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Exactly. Dahlin, has also been through more blows to his psyche, with terrible coaching, underperforming expectations and poor team dynamics. He's the better for it, and shows that with his aggressiveness, and the way he fights for his teammates. You have to love what seeing a cohesive group in the locker room does for players like Skinner, Dahlin, Thompson and others.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1673300067218.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad