Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Did they short 26 on a 3rd assist last night or am I imagining ?

This chance from his knees last night was also incredible, if it would of gone in I would of ran outside screaming.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
He's a leader .. no doubt .. but I'd think Alex Tuch would make a perfect capitan. Let Dahlin carry that A.
Tuch i feel is a great guy in the dressing room a happy feel good guy but I don't se him as a leader who rally the troops and take a game by scruff of the neck when really needed but what do i know. He will properly be the Captain by default, just being from the area and American goes long way.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Great interaction between the four of them and a bit of insight into the differences and similarities between Owen and Rasmus. Great stuff, much appreciated. Should be posted in the Owen Power thread too in my opinion.

[edit:] and you did post it there too, my bad. Great find!

Cheers 🍺

Agreed - well worth the listen! Definitely a lot more relaxed than your typical interview and with guys asking each other questions who both get it really helps get things you wouldn't normally hear. Both Dahlin and Power are awesome guys and we're blessed to have them.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
He brings the most consistent effort, calls out the team, is the first to stick up on the ice physically and is also the best player.
bookmark it, he will call out the team before an important playoff game like Messier, he will be that kind of guy.

Reactions: start winnin

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Whether he wins or loses the Norris is a win-win for the Sabres in my view. He’ll either win and get the recognition he deserves or be a runner up. If he wins, Dahlin and his agent can tack on more to the blank check just because.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
No knock on Dahlin just would love to see him finish more. Just for my own selfishness, watching him do the things he does and see the goalie save it is ruining the highlight reels!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No knock on Dahlin just would love to see him finish more. Just for my own selfishness, watching him do the things he does and see the goalie save it is ruining the highlight reels!

He is second in goals scored by a defenseman thus far this season, five goals ahead of the guy in third. Edit - my apologies, was just looking at total points and goals scored. He's tied for second with Makar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zman5778 and Ehran

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
He is second in goals scored by a defenseman thus far this season, five goals ahead of the guy in third. Edit - my apologies, was just looking at total points and goals scored. He's tied for second with Makar.
Ya but when he actually takes the puck and undresses someone the goalie always saves the puck.

I really wasn't complaining about his place in the point standings more about when he makes a highlight reel play the goalie seems to save it. He is just missing out on that finish.

Reactions: start winnin

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Ya but when he actually takes the puck and undresses someone the goalie always saves the puck.

I really wasn't complaining about his place in the point standings more about when he makes a highlight reel play the goalie seems to save it. He is just missing out on that finish.

Of course he’s missing out on that finish. He’s Swedish!

1674425154519.gif

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

He had the same issue when he pulled those moves in the SHL as well. In general I think it's very difficult to score goals like that, typically to beat a goalie in todays game you need to force movement, often times by passing across the central line. When Dahlin does his dekes through the defenders, on his way to the net the goalie has enough time to get settled.

Perhaps he needs to take a page out of Tages playbook and deke the goalie as well.

Personally, I have, ever since he started doing that in the SHL, hoped that he would use the dekes to open up space for his team mates, and pass to them, rather than go for a shot himself.

It will be interesting to see if he can figure it out.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
What will it take for Dahlin to get Hart recognition?

He is leading this team into a playoff run. Take him off, this team would be well under .500

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He brings the most consistent effort, calls out the team, is the first to stick up on the ice physically and is also the best player.
bookmark it, he will call out the team before an important playoff game like Messier, he will be that kind of guy.

This is how I feel, and he's my favorite player in Buffalo since Hasek. His tenacity, his ability to stick up for his teammates in all situations. He is just as much as an asshole with his physicality; see Nieto hit. But, he has as much skill as anyone on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad