Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
12 million a year on his next deal is likely. 6 years 9 million instead of 3x6 and we coulda managed the Skinner contract without a buyout.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
12 million a year on his next deal is likely. 6 years 9 million instead of 3x6 and we coulda managed the Skinner contract without a buyout.
Maybe he really wants to be here and takes a team-friendly contract.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Maybe he really wants to be here and takes a team-friendly contract.

Every time he speaks, he gets more confident. I recall the interview where he says that the coaching staff believes in him, and are letting him play his game. You've seen him entering the zone, starting the play, looking for his own shot, and starting to let his nasty / snarl out on clean hits. Power and Dahlin will be the the heart and soul of this team.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Every time he speaks, he gets more confident. I recall the interview where he says that the coaching staff believes in him, and are letting him play his game. You've seen him entering the zone, starting the play, looking for his own shot, and starting to let his nasty / snarl out on clean hits. Power and Dahlin will be the the heart and soul of this team.
He has Stockholm Syndrome. First Krueger broke him, and now he's identifying with his captors. It was all planned down to the minutest detail.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I wasn't able to watch the Heritage Classic, but this again speaks volumes for his belief in his game and the trust he finally feels he has. His play in the crease where he's pushing Matthews out, before ultimately getting cross checked on the neck really speaks volumes of his growth. This is DAHLIN'S team. Perhaps Power will push him out, but until then, Rasmus is the pulse. Tuch is the voice.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I wasn't able to watch the Heritage Classic, but this again speaks volumes for his belief in his game and the trust he finally feels he has. His play in the crease where he's pushing Matthews out, before ultimately getting cross checked on the neck really speaks volumes of his growth. This is DAHLIN'S team. Perhaps Power will push him out, but until then, Rasmus is the pulse. Tuch is the voice.

I'll be very surprised if Power ever surpasses Dahlin, especially with the growth we've seen from Dahlin this season, but I'm definitely hyped about being able to send him out on the ice every time Dahlin comes off (once he's done some more developing).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin already looks like an elite, and is in no way inferior to such guys as Hughes and Heiskanen, and somewhere even surpasses. He seems to create a lot of chances for our forwards, but we definitely lack offensive talent, which is why Dahlin doesn't get as many points, maybe he would already be at PPG pace if our attack was good and PP worked like clockwork.

I think finding partners for Dahlin and Power is pretty easy, it's more a question of player compatibility, where Dahlin and Jokiharju may just not be compatible.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll be very surprised if Power ever surpasses Dahlin, especially with the growth we've seen from Dahlin this season, but I'm definitely hyped about being able to send him out on the ice every time Dahlin comes off (once he's done some more developing).

Something in Power's favor? He doesn't have to be "the man" coming into the team. Dahlin is already turning into that guy - it frees Power up to just go play his game without as much scrutiny or pressure.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville

I dont mind chads narrative about Jokis place on this team but that spot he circled looks like its when faced the kings and panthers when Joki was injured and im guessing some good games fell off too(with Joki playing). I would say the recent drop is more indicative of the top line cooling off than anything else. Granato likes to get Dahlin(and his partner) out with them as much as possible. Personally i would like to see a chart of Chads tweets that shows the rolling average of his success rate of him properly interpreting his data charts into a supportive narrative or creating chart/graph that actually makes sense. I bet it’s pretty low.

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Different players, different styles.. I think Power could have the better career and profiles as a more complete player. Having both during their prime years is gonna be crazy

Owen Power on tape reminds me of a more offensively skilled Jay Bouwmeester

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Different players, different styles.. I think Power could have the better career and profiles as a more complete player. Having both during their prime years is gonna be crazy

Owen Power on tape reminds me of a more offensively skilled Jay Bouwmeester
Power reminds me more of Pietrangelo, and Pietro is not exactly elite in defense, but overall a great player. Dahlin is definitely starting to look like a versatile defender, he has improved in defense, he can pass, breakouts, hits, shoots. I don't think Dahlin will be just offensive D, more like Hedman, an elite all-around D.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Power reminds me more of Pietrangelo, and Pietro is not exactly elite in defense, but overall a great player. Dahlin is definitely starting to look like a versatile defender, he has improved in defense, he can pass, breakouts, hits, shoots. I don't think Dahlin will be just offensive D, more like Hedman, an elite all-around D.
Don't forget about his elusive hands

Reactions: Fjordy

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
k2jV2K.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad