Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
If Power is better than Dahlin then I will be so pumped. Dahlin is starting to look like a superstar. What would that make Power then?

If Power is better than the current Dahlin, we are golden then.

We'd have a borderline elite number 1 D playing #3 D. A problem every single team would love to have

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Reminder that the people crapping on Dahlin as a bust are the same ones who wanted to exile my giraffe to Seattle before this season in the expansion draft.

To be fair, I think basically everyone except you was ready to give up on Tage before this season. He hadn't shown much.

The Dahlin hate, on the other hand, has, at best, a tenuous connection to the reality of his play.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Reminder that the people crapping on Dahlin as a bust are the same ones who wanted to exile my giraffe to Seattle before this season in the expansion draft.

To be fair, I think basically everyone except you was ready to give up on Tage before this season. He hadn't shown much.

The Dahlin hate, on the other hand, has, at best, a tenuous connection to the reality of his play.

I was still on the Tage train. I just had him as a 3RW. Not ideal as the prospect in return for ROR, but nothing to hold against the guy. Now I picture him as a 3C on an offensive line.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I wanted Kyrou
FB_IMG_1640190327021.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've been impressed with the snarl that was mentioned pre-draft finally showing itself.

My son has been watching him lately and after last night's exchange mentioned "it's like he just goes back to the bench and uses the whetstone" while miming sharpening a blade. He's a stick-mean guy and he's taken to make runs at some guys early in games. It will get him space - guys like Potvin weren't all bodychecks and fights, there was a lot of pugil-stick jousting to clear the crease.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
My son has been watching him lately and after last night's exchange mentioned "it's like he just goes back to the bench and uses the whetstone" while miming sharpening a blade. He's a stick-mean guy and he's taken to make runs at some guys early in games. It will get him space - guys like Potvin weren't all bodychecks and fights, there was a lot of pugil-stick jousting to clear the crease.

An apt description. And I know you're not making a direct comparison, but I do recall some in his draft year comparing him to Potvin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad