Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I would have picked Thompson to be the Sabres rep, especially since position didn't seem to be too important for other divisions (Metro went 5/3 F/D, but Central and Pacific both went 7/1). But nobody cares about defense in the All-Star Game anyways, so the criticisms of Dahlin really aren't applicable in that setting and his skill could really be fun to watch.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would have picked Thompson to be the Sabres rep, especially since position didn't seem to be too important for other divisions (Metro went 5/3 F/D, but Central and Pacific both went 7/1). But nobody cares about defense in the All-Star Game anyways, so the criticisms of Dahlin really aren't applicable in that setting and his skill could really be fun to watch.

Nah, Sabres Twitter will be savaging him for whatever goals get scored against him in that waste of time skills competition. Can't wait. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gabrielor

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Dahlin, looks more composed every game. Yes, there are mistakes, but his attack in the zone is exactly what I've been wanting to see. Let him drive the play, and then make the right reads to set up his team mates. Congratulations on making your first All Star selection as a Sabre. Continue to prove EVERYONE wrong.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Sir you EARNED this:
FB_IMG_1639797017382.jpg

Reactions: Artemis Clyde Frog

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
His goal in the Dallas game is the exact thing I wanted to see, when he was sputtering at the beginning of the season. I have to say that this is the player we finally needed. Driving the offense and putting the offense on his back. Continue to play like this, and the Eriksson comparisons are very very within sight.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He tends to get a lot of bullshit soft penalties and that cross-check call is another example of that. If the league called that a penalty every time, we would be looking at a permanent 3 on 3 every game.

Bump. I've never seen a player get so many bullshit penalties.

Skinner got boarded and they try to hit him again while hes down. Dahlin throws him to the ice. PENALTY.

Dahlin steals the puck away and gets hauled down. PENALTY.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bump. I've never seen a player get so many bullshit penalties.

Skinner got boarded and they try to hit him again while hes down. Dahlin throws him to the ice. PENALTY.

Dahlin steals the puck away and gets hauled down. PENALTY.

Similarly, end of the first period, he's getting punched and NO PENALTY.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
This is the level where we need Dahlin to be playing. Actually making a difference.

Tied for the team scoring lead with 28 points at the halfway point

If Power is even better than this, we will have one hell of an elite #3. Either way, we will have that top #1 and elite #3 that teams can only wish for

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Capping a 21/22 yr olds ceiling with the talent Dahlin has is never a good idea, but its classic hockeys 'future'. Love em as a prospect, bust/cap em at 22. Power has proven nothing as a pro, but is the shinier new toy, same as it ever was.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad