Value of: Rasmus Andersson to Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
With Montreals current situation, trying to accelerate the rebuild and acquire quality players that fit a need but don’t compromise the long term. What would be the likely asking price for Andersson? Montreal has significant strength on the left side but they are very young and unproven on the right side with Reinbacher and Mailloux in the pipeline and could benefit with a more experienced well rounded dman like Rasmus with Savard being a flawed and aging player. Is this a player the Flames would part ways with? If so what would it likely cost the Habs?
Hughes wants to accelerate the rebuild , not rush it . When he has a better idea of what he has on defense he'll have a better idea of what he needs , now isn't that time . Habs pass !

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
A 2025 1st, 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd, and Josh Anderson.

Too much? Perhaps. Montreal gets cap relief ($1M per year), a younger player (age 27 vs 29), more points production, and a shorter term contract.

Calgary doesn't really need Anderson as he may block a youngster coming up such as Pelletier or Coronato.

Speaking of Pelleltier, how about Andersson and Pelletier for two 1sts and Andersson?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Won’t argue about value more about fit. Laine cost us nothing besides $s and cap space which we have lots of so it’s a low risk/high reward gamble. Rasmus is a UFA in 2 years so unless there was an agreed extension in place don’t see the point when we will be lucky to make the playoffs. He will fetch a tonne to a contender.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
That would be stupid, since one of our 1st picks depend on them ending just outside of the top-10... :help:

We are not accelerating the rebuild, Laine was an offer we could not refuse. :popcorn:

Reactions: dukeofjive

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
With Montreals current situation, trying to accelerate the rebuild and acquire quality players that fit a need but don’t compromise the long term. What would be the likely asking price for Andersson? Montreal has significant strength on the left side but they are very young and unproven on the right side with Reinbacher and Mailloux in the pipeline and could benefit with a more experienced well rounded dman like Rasmus with Savard being a flawed and aging player. Is this a player the Flames would part ways with? If so what would it likely cost the Habs?
How is Savard flawed? He's by no means a perfect player. I just think he had to play in the wrong chair in Montreal so far.

I wouldn't be against trading for Andersson and try and compete sooner than later. I think the main piece for me would have to be CGY/FLA 1st.

Something like CGY/FLA 1st + Barron + Farrell + cond. 2nd/3rd

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Dvorak + Cgy 1st + Barron + Kapanen

Matheson + Mesar + Tuch + 2nd

Gallagher + Mailloux + Beck + Fowler

Anderson + Newhook + Struble

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
fun one.

Andsersson for Savard (TDL value) + Anderson (2026 TDL value/cap dump negative value) + Mailloux + Beck + 2025 1st (top 2 protection)+ Mesar + 2nd.

This is a trade the Flames have to win to make. Otherwise there is no incentive to make it.

Savard brings back at least a 2nd in 2025 when he’s traded at the deadline.

Absurd.... Or was this meant to be comedy?

Do agree that the Flames won't move him for less than full value, but that proposal might well be the dumbest I've ever seen posted on this site, and I've been here a while. 4 1st and 2 2nds :lol:

If KH actually wants to pay the price to add Rasmus, this is what I'd see being the ball park offer... (not convinced he would... Paying bloated premiums is not his m.o, and stop gaps at RD are always available. If he felt Barron/Mailloux/RB/Kony are not going to give the Habs 2 top 4 long term solutions or stall in their progression enough to make him look for an immediate top 4 RD upgrade, then kicking tires on RA will happen).

To Cgy
'25 Cgy 1st, Barron, '25 2nd (Pens), decent depth fwd prospect (Kidney, Davidson, Rohrer etc.)

To Mtl
Rasmus

**I suspect Andersson gets moved before his contract is up. Happy to eat crow if he goes this year & Conroy gets better than a 1st (mid tier), 2nd (top tier) & a prospect/young player value similar to Barron

Habs will need to then move one of Anderson/Gally.... Doubt he'd need to add more than a 3rd, but he could easily go 2nd + prospect if he had to. He'll find the lowest bidder & close that deal quickly thereafter.

Reactions: jfhabs

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
When comparing Suzuki to the centers he'll have to face on the road to a Cup Final, he doesn't show well.
Really, because in the SCF 3 years ago, he outplayed TBL’s 1C Brayden Point. Both had 3 points in the series, but Point got all of his (all assists) in the blowout game 1, and disappeared for the rest of the series after that. Suzuki on the other hand, had points in 3 different games, including 2 goals. He was also 21 years old at the time. Seems like he showed pretty well to me. And he’s better now than he was then.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Would the Flames part ways with Andersson? Absolutely, whether they want to say it publicly or not the team is in a rebuild.

What would the cost be? no idea, I imagine there would be several teams interested with his bargain contract. Flames still have 2 retention slots also if the offer is really good. Based on what Conroy has done so far they'd want back a player who can play now (not a pure cap dump) and some form of futures.
Yup, I would offer multiple firsts and a 2nd tier prospect from Winnipeg if Andersson was on the market. You'd have to take back Pionk also to make it work for us (1 year to UFA)

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Absurd.... Or was this meant to be comedy?

Do agree that the Flames won't move him for less than full value, but that proposal might well be the dumbest I've ever seen posted on this site, and I've been here a while. 4 1st and 2 2nds :lol:

If KH actually wants to pay the price to add Rasmus, this is what I'd see being the ball park offer... (not convinced he would... Paying bloated premiums is not his m.o, and stop gaps at RD are always available. If he felt Barron/Mailloux/RB/Kony are not going to give the Habs 2 top 4 long term solutions or stall in their progression enough to make him look for an immediate top 4 RD upgrade, then kicking tires on RA will happen).

To Cgy
'25 Cgy 1st, Barron, '25 2nd (Pens), decent depth fwd prospect (Kidney, Davidson, Rohrer etc.)

To Mtl
Rasmus

**I suspect Andersson gets moved before his contract is up. Happy to eat crow if he goes this year & Conroy gets better than a 1st (mid tier), 2nd (top tier) & a prospect/young player value similar to Barron

Habs will need to then move one of Anderson/Gally.... Doubt he'd need to add more than a 3rd, but he could easily go 2nd + prospect if he had to. He'll find the lowest bidder & close that deal quickly thereafter.
I know, you would think they were trading for Makar.

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If we don't throw in Guhle and Suzuki into the deal, we're ripping them off.

This thread is hilarious and as real as my 3 supermodel fantasies...

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Guhle or Hage+. Or both firsts from 25 draft.

Just don’t see the Habs as the team to go after him. They have a lot of nice prospects but it should be a team like Colorado, Florida, NYR, Vegas, or Dallas who could potentially win the cup next year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Habs need a #1 C not another dman. Who will be their franchise C? Suzuki is another Danault
Just because they have a bigger need elsewhere doesn't mean they should leave the rest. Plus it's not like 1Cs are out there

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
If we don't throw in Guhle and Suzuki into the deal, we're ripping them off.

This thread is hilarious and as real as my 3 supermodel fantasies...
To me a good comparable would be the Hampus Lindholm trade.
Traded for a D that looked worse then Barron at the time of the trade.
A late 1st and 2 x 2nd and a contract/depth D (Moore).
Guhle or Hage+. Or both firsts from 25 draft.

Just don’t see the Habs as the team to go after him. They have a lot of nice prospects but it should be a team like Colorado, Florida, NYR, Vegas, or Dallas who could potentially win the cup next year.
Not sure these teams are really in a position to give what you're asking us to give. Unless you consider all 1st round pick to be equal. Also there's a pretty big gap between our 2 firsts in 2025 and Hage+. Unless that '+' is another 1st.

Florida and Colorado don't have a first until 2026, Vegas until 2027 and their prospect pools are underwhelming. Their defense are all pretty well built anyway.

Rangers look ok at RD and are tight with the cap. They are stuck with Trouba cap hit.

Dallas should be a good trading partner. RD isn't very strong and they have the space. Their first is likely going to be high again this year. I don't see them giving up Stankonev. Don't think Bischel or Hemming are good enough or similar pieces to Hage or Guhle or 2 first (one of which likely top 10). Would have to be centered around Bourque+.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
When comparing Suzuki to the centers he'll have to face on the road to a Cup Final, he doesn't show well. It's a noticeable weakness of the Montreal roster. Their wing depth and D depth are certainly coming together though.
Suzuki has already been a top 6 C on a Cup finalist. He shows just fine.

Habs need a #1 C not another dman. Who will be their franchise C? Suzuki is another Danault
Suzuki and Danault got the Habs to the finals. Suzuki and one of Dach, Demidov or Beck might be just as good.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
fun one.

Andsersson for Savard (TDL value) + Anderson (2026 TDL value/cap dump negative value) + Mailloux + Beck + 2025 1st (top 2 protection)+ Mesar + 2nd.

This is a trade the Flames have to win to make. Otherwise there is no incentive to make it.

Savard brings back at least a 2nd in 2025 when he’s traded at the deadline.
nice joke !!

Seems like a bad fit considering his contract will be over before Montreal is competitive but let's take a shot anyways.

Andersson for Hage + 1st top (10 protected) as a base. Add in like Dvorak, Savard, or Armia for cap purposes
nope not interested

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Absolutely outlandish prices in this thread. You guys never seem to learn on the main boards, you're always out to lunch.

Not a chance Hughes pays anything close to a single offer proposed in here. It's as crazy as Laine for a 1st+ but like I said, the main boards never learn.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Contrary to what some seem to think, rebuilding doesn't mean a team is looking to sell every valuable asset. You need solid veteran players that are also leaders to work with your young players, that's how you get out of a rebuild, rather than being in a perpetual rebuild.

I have little doubt the Flames are going to try to extend Andersson, and the only way they start shopping him is if he tells the team he's unwilling to extend or unwilling to do so at a reasonable rate.

This team is already going to probably have a rookie in Dustin Wolf in net for 45-55% of their games, and they are doing so with just 2 legitimate top 4 defensemen. It would be bad for Wolf to weaken the defense more, it would be bad for morale and tell players losing is okay if they weaken the defense more, it would be bad for younger defensemen to be forced into roles they are simply not ready for and will put them in a position to fail if they weaken the defense more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad