Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Bishop and Friends

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
It wasn't a full effort tonight, there were some passengers.
I don't normally blame refereeing but that was pretty dismal.

Can't score, won't win. That is true.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
If the Rangers ever again are in a game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals the refs will be Chris Rooney and Ian Walsh.

*Bob Richards*

Luckily we have the Callahan interview to provide insight.

"Well we played a good game but sometimes you just gotta get pucks deep".

What about the poor officiating?

"Well they officiated a poor game but sometimes you just gotta get pucks deep".

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Nah, I don't know what Lundqvist is doing allowing a guy to go on a breakaway right off the faceoff. Can we buy him out?

i mean we could but that would be really dumb as it would screw over our cap and we would have a guy whos played what 12 games as our starter.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The boring goalies will always be the best goalies. Thank Patrick Roy for starting the whole damn thing. Alot of respect for his talent but I'm sorry he murdered the position.

It's just like Markstrom. Florida would win the cup if that scrub (I know he's a first round draft pick but he is not very good right now) played the Rangers every game. So frustrating.

Cake or Death

Lol at blaming the refs. How about score more than one goal? They had a few power plays in the end and failed, simple as that. Tampa also trapped the **** outta the Rangers in the third. Blaming the refs? Gimme a break, typical hf excuse ********. Team lacks finishers

Who's ****ing blaming the refs? People are pointing out that they missed a **** ton of calls. Did you watch a different ****ing game and think the refs were spot on?

Bardof425*

We were not outplayed. Bishop was better than Hank (will he ever stop a breakaway again?). they got some good bounces, some posts and Brian Boyle is an embarassment in all things that involve handling a puck. He was worse tonight than normal; felt bad for D. Moore and Carcillo tonight.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Luckily we have the Callahan interview to provide insight.

"Well we played a good game but sometimes you just gotta get pucks deep".

What about the poor officiating?

"Well they officiated a poor game but sometimes you just gotta get pucks deep".

just gotta get pucks deep

nikonsniper*

One penalty that aggravated me was Bishop's trip on Zucc. Garbage play.

He will be down in the ECHL before too long. Seems every year there is a superhuman season from some career scrub. Looks like its Bennies turn

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
This is the "what else is new edition".

Rangers dominate the other team but can't score. What else is new?

The refs royally screw the Rangers. What else is new?

Del Zotto is brainless. What else is new?

Lundqvist can't stop a ****ing breakaway. What else is new?

Nash and Stepan are invisible. What else is new?

We have the Nash, Stepan, and Lundqvist from last year, we probably win this in regulation. 3 players that carried the team last year have redefined mediocrity.

In fairness, Nash has been dynamite the last couple games. Can't always expect him to do that. And tonight, Lundqvist didn't come up with a big save on the breakaway, but he only gave up two. And he came up with plenty of other quality saves When you let up two goals, you give your team a chance to win. Rangers just couldn't find a way to get it done.

I think Stepan has been brutal all season. I think AV should have a nice chat with him, and bench him a game to send a message. I'm really upset with how he has played this year. He's on pace to have his least productive season of his career, including his rookie year.

How he made team USA is beyond me. He has genuinely been poor all season.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He will be down in the ECHL before too long. Seems every year there is a superhuman season from some career scrub. Looks like its Bennies turn

well we have lucked out with 8 superhuman seasons from an echl scrub. TALBOTS BETTER!!!!!!

#QUEEN

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
such awful...awful reffing.

wasnt even the BS call on Cally...the sheer amount of non calls i saw were ridiculous.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We were not outplayed. Bishop was better than Hank (will he ever stop a breakaway again?). they got some good bounces, some posts and Brian Boyle is an embarassment in all things that involve handling a puck. He was worse tonight than normal; felt bad for D. Moore and Carcillo tonight.

Obligatory Bardof on Boyle post. Now it's a GDT. I feel honored.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Who's ****ing blaming the refs? People are pointing out that they missed a **** ton of calls. Did you watch a different ****ing game and think the refs were spot on?

Every post in here is blaming the refs I'm sick of it, so the refs missed some calls wah wah wah cry me a river, score more than one goal, 2 key power plays in the third, guess you forgot about them

tbonenc*

Nah, I don't know what Lundqvist is doing allowing a guy to go on a breakaway right off the faceoff. Can we buy him out?

I know you think that you ar being clever, but you are missing the point. A goalie is paid to stop the puck, regardless of the situation. There are times when a goalie has no chance, but this was not one of them. If you can't see that Hank misplayed that badly, start watching basketball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad