Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Bishop and Friends

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
That's the kind of game that's on an endless loop in hell.

Tampa set the sport back a good 60 years.

As for Bishop, I don't understand why someone just doesn't take a run at him. Everyone seems to be able to do it to Lundqvist and it is rarely penalized.

But, as was said earlier, Tampa followed the playbook on how to beat the Rangers at MSG. If the Garden ever had a professional playing surface, that playbook wouldn't work.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm sorry but Ben Bishop is not impressive. He made no remarkable saves, just plays very well positionally which is all he really needs to do since he's 7 ****ing feet tall.

The boring goalies will always be the best goalies. Thank Patrick Roy for starting the whole damn thing. Alot of respect for his talent but I'm sorry he murdered the position.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
How that wasn't a trip on Bishop at the end blows my mind. But regardless they had two PPs at the end and couldnt tie it up.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Notes;

- We outplayed them. But we did not dominate them
- Bishop played well.
- Bishop received puck luck, our only goal that beat him was poor, and we hit multiple posts on him.
- The finish just wasn't there. See above. Multiple posts.
- Poor officiating. Truly detrimental to the Rangers. There was a few times I was scratching my head, including the Bishop trip on MZA at the end.

Stepan continues to struggle. He has been brutal this season. Why he was on the PP at the end of the game is beyond me. Need to send a message to this American Olympian on our team. He was terrible.

I thought Zucc, Callahan, McDonagh all played well. Nash was back to being a ghost.

InHenrikWeTrust

Apr 20, 2012
I'm not going to get down on this game. It was a good all around effort by us outside of Stepan/Boyle but jeez Bishop's pads are taller than the Statue of Liberty.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I'm sorry but Ben Bishop is not impressive. He made no remarkable saves, just plays very well positionally which is all he really needs to do since he's 7 ****ing feet tall.

Nonsense.

His glove hand was outstanding in that game. He made a few saves from one timers right in the slot. He had a great game.

tbonenc*

Watching the Kucherof goal and it was an absolutely feeble attempt by Hank. He really needs to address tracking the puck and staying big.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Lol at blaming the refs. How about score more than one goal? They had a few power plays in the end and failed, simple as that. Tampa also trapped the **** outta the Rangers in the third. Blaming the refs? Gimme a break, typical hf excuse ********. Team lacks finishers

tampa was holding and tripping our players the entire game. i mean if you want to put the whistles away be my guest but then they start calling **** on the rangers. when the opposing team is allowed to do whatever the want, its kind of hard to win. for the record, i cant believe they even reviewed that play. thats just ****ing embarrassing.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
The force of Callahan's stick on Bishop was that of a gazillion tons, to knock such a large man over like that

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Congratulations to Mr. Bishop for a tremendous performance. That said, his trip on MZA and incessant whining have really diminished my opinion of him, and I'm thankful that our country will have classier athletes in goal at the Olympics.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007

Rinne is 6'5 or 6'6. Should we discount him because he is tall?

I agree with others that I don't think he had to come up with too many great saves, and we hit a few posts, but he played well.

We just could not finish. That's not a slight to Bishop. But we had plenty of opportunities in front of the net, and we either shot it wide, fanned on it, missed the pass, tipped it wide, etc.

It is what it is. Did we deserve to lose? Probably not, but it's one of those games. We've been scoring plenty of goals recently. Can't be too upset with them only putting one puck in tonight.

nikonsniper*

guys like Ben Bishop should face suspensions for actions like tonight. The flop and throw your head back. I thought the NHL wanted to go after diving??

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tampa played last night. The Rangers did not outplay them by that much. A bad call--a pwp goal and a player falling asleep on the next face-off and another goal and then we couldn't put the puck past their goalie. Rangers did not play very well tonight.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Watching the Kucherof goal and it was an absolutely feeble attempt by Hank. He really needs to address tracking the puck and staying big.

watching that Kucherov goal, Del Zotto and Moore are really bad defensemen.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
This was brutal. We barely touched the puck after the first period. Glad to see Lundqvist continue to look like himself, and Richards and Callahan had strong games again--as did Staal who's looking more and more like himself with every game. Absolutely hated Hagelin's game tonight: felt like every time he touched the puck it went to the other team, wished he didn't play the third period instead of the fourth line. Boyle had a rough night too. And Stepan, I've been saying it for a while, but he look like Richards last year--toally unconfident and lost. When was his last shot on net? Last season?

Cake or Death

I will rarely ever complain about officiating, but that was brutal and inexcusable. Should have had 6 PPs and a 5-on-3 at the end. Hope the refs read a ****ing rule book. It's pathetic when everyone here knows the play is not reviewable and the refs still go to review it.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Really frustrating loss, we controlled the play and played good D (outside of the 2nd goal). I sound like a broken record but we really lack a finisher, and have for a long time.

Bishop owned us and played well, if he can keep that up and Stamkos comes back 100% the lightning could go a long way in the playoffs

My 3 stars
1. Richards
2. Staal
3. McD or Lundqvist

The good: The D (aside from the MDZ brain fade), the PP still looks dangerous even though they couldn't score, the Brassard line created a lot of chances.

The bad: lack of finish, stupid penalties.

The Redden: Rooney, two goals in 9 f***en seconds, Bishop's trip on MZA.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is the "what else is new edition".

Rangers dominate the other team but can't score. What else is new?

The refs royally screw the Rangers. What else is new?

Del Zotto is brainless. What else is new?

Lundqvist can't stop a ****ing breakaway. What else is new?

Nash and Stepan are invisible. What else is new?

We have the Nash, Stepan, and Lundqvist from last year, we probably win this in regulation. 3 players that carried the team last year have redefined mediocrity.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
One penalty that aggravated me was Bishop's trip on Zucc. Garbage play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad