Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Has anyone seen any of Kjellberg's games? 4 points in 5 looks good on paper, but curious if it's just some puck luck going his way.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wall stopped 41/42.

Gross had a goal.

Skinner has an assist.

The European guys played earlier. IIRC, the only notable thing was Aaltonen only played 3.5 minutes and Pajuniemi was back down to 11.

EDIT: Also Ragnarsson has two assists. And it was yesterday, but Sjalin was a scratch for the third time in five games.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yup. Time flies.
I was thinking today that either Georgiev or Shesterkin (probably the former) are going to be traded at some point before next season starts. And now if they want to get Wall into the organization, they’re probably going to have to do that so he and Huska can be the guys in Hartford. Any way they go about this, short of getting Wall under contract and somehow keeping Georgiev and Shesterkin as is for another year, is probably going to leave some people around here mad

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Wall stopped 41/42.

Gross had a goal.

Skinner has an assist.

The European guys played earlier. IIRC, the only notable thing was Aaltonen only played 3.5 minutes and Pajuniemi was back down to 11.

EDIT: Also Ragnarsson has two assists. And it was yesterday, but Sjalin was a scratch for the third time in five games.

Aaltonen got injured by a dirty hit I believe which is why he only played 3.5 minutes.

Reactions: nyr2k2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I was thinking today that either Georgiev or Shesterkin (probably the former) are going to be traded at some point before next season starts. And now if they want to get Wall into the organization, they’re probably going to have to do that so he and Huska can be the guys in Hartford. Any way they go about this, short of getting Wall under contract and somehow keeping Georgiev and Shesterkin as is for another year, is probably going to leave some people around here mad

I like Tyler Wall a lot and I'd like to see the Rangers sign him but Georgiev and Shesterkin are way ahead of him and I wouldn't be moving either just because we need to find a spot for Wall. If we do move either Georgiev or Shesterkin we better be getting a lot back. Shesterkin is a top flight prospect and Georgiev has proven he's legit. If it's Georgiev I think we'd need to get back a 1st (or something equivalent) and not a tail end of the first round 1st. I think both are going to be starting NHL goalies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I like Tyler Wall a lot and I'd like to see the Rangers sign him but Georgiev and Shesterkin are way ahead of him and I wouldn't be moving either just because we need to find a spot for Wall. If we do move either Georgiev or Shesterkin we better be getting a lot back. Shesterkin is a top flight prospect and Georgiev has proven he's legit. If it's Georgiev I think we'd need to get back a 1st (or something equivalent) and not a tail end of the first round 1st. I think both are going to be starting NHL goalies.
I think one of them is going to have to get moved regardless of Wall’s situation, but his situation adds an extra wrinkle to it. I do think Georgiev can return a first (late teens at best) and another piece but the Rangers are going to have to do their part in getting him a healthy amount of games to show other teams he can handle at least 35ish games to get that kind of a return

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think one of them is going to have to get moved regardless of Wall’s situation, but his situation adds an extra wrinkle to it. I do think Georgiev can return a first (late teens at best) and another piece but the Rangers are going to have to do their part in getting him a healthy amount of games to show other teams he can handle at least 35ish games to get that kind of a return

Maybe. Depends on how comfortable they are with Shesterkin staying in Hartford for now and whether someone will pony up for Georgiev. Those are two of the main things I'd be looking at. Georgiev isn't easily rattled and is capable of stealing games against better teams. That's a big deal. He has a future. Henrik not so much but he has an NMC through next year. Huska and Wall look like they'll be good goalies but neither is likely to be as good as either of the Russians. There's also Lindbom. Overall we're in great shape as far as goaltending for the future but keeping what we have for another year is not necessarily terrible either. We'll know more about Lindbom and Huska will have a full AHL year in. I would not actively seek to move Georgiev--someone would have to come to me with a deal that makes sense--either that 1st or some prospect or young player who is legit and fills a real need for us.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Things keep trending a certain way and the talks that Staal is having with Quinn this season are the talks he'll be having with Hank next year.

Not cause Hank is bad, but because these guys are that good.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Wall stopped 41/42.

Gross had a goal.

Skinner has an assist.

posted a tweet earlier in the thread that aaltonen got boarded and left the game...haven't seen yet if its anything serious

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Skinner just picked up the primary assist on the GTG with like a minute left. PPG.

OHL website says he had 2 assists tonight...now 14 points in 13 games. I questioned if going to london instead of college was the right move for him but he's been great.

not sure if he's ice time has suffered since london traded for ryan merkley but his production hasn't

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad