Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
What do you expect from a 9th overall pick?

Something better than an inconsistent, one dimensional winger that puts up 50 points playing with Mike Zibanejad. And pouts when things don’t go his way.

Trouba, Schiefele, Hamilton, Granlund, Bailey, Meier and Sergachev all went 9th overall recently and are several orders of magnitude better than Buch.

Wonderful pick by the Rangers where he was taken, of course. But I’m not resigning to being happy if that’s what VK turns in to. And neither would a single poster on this board if we didn’t luck ourselves into Lafraniere and Kakko.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Something better than an inconsistent, one dimensional winger that puts up 50 points playing with Mike Zibanejad. And pouts when things don’t go his way.

Trouba, Schiefele, Hamilton, Granlund, Bailey, Meier and Sergachev all went 9th overall recently and are several orders of magnitude better than Buch.

Wonderful pick by the Rangers where he was taken, of course. But I’m not resigning to being happy if that’s what VK turns in to. And neither would a single poster on this board if we didn’t luck ourselves into Lafraniere and Kakko.

I'll just leave this here

As long as you stay away from the pitfall of thinking "We could have had this player in the 3rd round because we got Buchnevich in the 3rd round", I think it's okay to find the comparison discouraging.

Expecting more from a top-10 pick is normal. But at the same time I feel fans in general (across different fanbases) have flawed expectations of a player drafted in the 7-12 range. This isn't the NFL or NBA where you draft kids out of college at age 21-22. These are 18 year old kids and after the can't-miss prospects at the top (usually no more than 3) the drop off is significant.

Players drafted in the same range as Kravtsov include Couture, Hartnell, Kopitar, Granlund, Carter and Couturier but on the other end of the spectrum you have guys like Olesz, Picard, Hammill, Skille, Sheppard and Glennie. A pick in the latter half of the top-10 is very much hit-or-miss but we tend to focus on the successful picks rather than managing our expectations. It's what fans do. Can't blame them. But it's important to stay grounded when a player has a good season early on. A lesson I need to teach myself from time to time as well :laugh:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Buch is definitely a candidate for a guy with another level to reach. I dont think we'll ever see a cold streak from him as monstrous as the one he had last season

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Providence getting buried, Berard -3 through 2.

EDIT: He led his team with 4 shots!

...he was also a team-worst -5 in a 9-0 loss. :laugh:

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Minus 8 lol. Hope He Has a better showing at the WJC camp.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I know stat heads will say its a useless stats. But friggin -8 in one game is absolutely atrocious. That might be the worst personal +/- for a player iv ever seen. Pretty embarassing

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know stat heads will say its a useless stats. But friggin -8 in one game is absolutely atrocious. That might be the worst personal +/- for a player iv ever seen. Pretty embarassing

In NHL history, there has never been a player hitting a -8 in a single game. The worst is -7 and that only happened 9 times since 1979 :laugh:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If anyone was curious, Lias Andersson has an underwhelming line of 3-4-7 in 13 games played at the moment. His team lost to Edström's team today.
Did he throw his turkey pot pie into the stands afterword?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
In NHL history, there has never been a player hitting a -8 in a single game. The worst is -7 and that only happened 9 times since 1979 :laugh:

That is insane!! Again i dont think +\- is the end all be all. But the coaches and the players see that and think yeesh... But its just more leverage for the kids who got scratched - why is he playing type of thing

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That is insane!! Again i dont think +\- is the end all be all. But the coaches and the players see that and think yeesh... But its just more leverage for the kids who got scratched - why is he playing type of thing

The only positive spin I can put on this is that to be -8 you have to be on the ice for 8 goals against, meaning you have to be playing a lot of minutes.

Berard played on the top line twice now, and honestly, against a really good team they were never supposed to beat. Let's hope he has some better numbers in the upcoming weeks when they hopefully play teams who are on the same level as Providence is

Reactions: bigdog16

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The only positive spin I can put on this is that to be -8 you have to be on the ice for 8 goals against, meaning you have to be playing a lot of minutes.

Berard played on the top line twice now, and honestly, against a really good team they were never supposed to beat. Let's hope he has some better numbers in the upcoming weeks when they hopefully play teams who are on the same level as Providence is
A lot of minutes but geez was he setting up the other team for some of these goals?? Lol a -8 is wild haha.

Its one game to forget, no biggie.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

A lot of minutes but geez was he setting up the other team for some of these goals?? Lol a -8 is wild haha.

Its one game to forget, no biggie.
His line was revised to -4. He was on for two ESG and on the PP when two SHG were conceded.

There were two players on his team that were -5 and one who was -6.

Game sheet: Printable Game Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad