TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DazeHereToAmaze91

Nov 14, 2021
I don't think Schneider is on the table. Lundkvist has struggled a lot. He needs to bulk up and get used to the NHL. If we didn't sign Nemeth and Lundkvist didn't do so damn good in the SHL he'd be in the AHL by now.

Jones or Schneider would be better on the 3rd pairing.

Lundkvist should be getting top 4 minutes in the AHL, get used to the rink size and get some confidence.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Unless St.Louis retain at least $2-3M or the Rangers can't send someone with term that makes a lot of $ back, that trade ain't happening.

They can't afford Tarasenko at his caphit for 2 seasons.

Maybe a 3rd party can retain half of Tarasenko's caphit for some picks.
Gotcha. Blues shouldn’t retain on him. They should keep him before they retain. He’s been a huge impact player this year.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
LAK's #1 need is a top pairing left shot two-way/shut down type of defensemen.

Lindgren is probably more of a #3 or high end #4 but someone like Sergachev won't be on the market.
That’s a fair assessment of Lindgren at this point. Chance he becomes a #2 in his own right, but he’s really solid on the top pair because of how well he complements Fox. He’s also only 23 and on a pretty good deal with 2 years left after this. Don’t see the rangers looking to move him. Even if they were, is Vilardi worth that type of d-man right now?

Reactions: Lua and egelband

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
That’s a fair assessment of Lindgren at this point. Chance he becomes a #2 in his own right, but he’s really solid on the top pair because of how well he complements Fox. He’s also only 23 and on a pretty good deal with 2 years left after this. Don’t see the rangers looking to move him. Even if they were, is Valardi worth that type of d-man right now?
LA has an abundance of picks and prospects to give out if Vilardi wasn't enough to get the job done.

You can slide Lindgren alongside Doughty and he's young enough to mentor a guy like Clarke when he gets called up.

Also I don't follow the Rangers close enough but with the loss of Lindgren couldn't someone like Hajek come in and take his spot? Or does he suck.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
LA has an abundance of picks and prospects to give out if Vilardi wasn't enough to get the job done.

You can slide Lindgren alongside Doughty and he's young enough to mentor a guy like Clarke when he gets called up.

Also I don't follow the Rangers close enough but with the loss of Lindgren couldn't someone like Hajek come in and take his spot? Or does he suck.

The bolded is spot on.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why are the Rangers re-acquiring JT Miller again?

Practically gave him away because they didn’t like his fit in the room and didn’t want to pay him.

Going to go out on a limb and say it’s not Miller

I bet the Rangers wouldn't mind a do over with JT Miller, especially after a big regime change.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York

Lol ya he does, at least my NHL standards, maybe even AHL at this point. It’s mind boggling to Rangers fans that they sent Kravtsov down and jeopardized their relationship with him, in order to protect Hajek from waivers. He probably wouldn’t get claimed…

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Dear friend,
bern, as his track record demonstrates, is ever about free speech, even if we all do not agree on specific points w/in the discussion.

pls see immediately above post #58 which is assertive with emphasis not in reply to your polite and proper ?, but in reply to @UrbanImpact about JT Miller to Rangers.

Yours was about Anathanasiou etc.
Also I noted how Yardbarker had something about Villardi an 11OA C who is having trouble making LAK at the moment for Krav, a 9OA who would have made it had there not been issues w/roster size, in a 1:1.
But I just noted it as to emphasize how, while not ramming that down anyone's throat, that would be kind of deal NYR have to make,
youth for youth
no big salary add

peace out and all best.

Bern post 58 was interesting and only your opinion that the rangers will not trade youth for vets and i respect your opinion but the op was asking for vets so this thread is based on the opinion If you have a issue its with him not me for proposing the vets.

If u recall i have suported ur free speech in other thread even defending it at one point. I am the same we can disagree and be civil to each other as i think i have always been to u.
Vilardi is not have issues making the team He was on covid protocall which he was sent down to get back in shape from. So no issues making the team. Its actually because of him I am offering AA so he can have a top 6 spot when he comes back. AA is not a big salary add hes only 2.7 Kempe is even cheaper at 2 Let not pretend either is a big salary add my friend ur better then that

Reactions: bernmeister

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Tanner Pearson is your third liner.
Good defensive guy. Can still skate.
He scored 21 goals year before covid. Last season, he played at a 16 goal pace.
Currently, he's having a rough year since he's on the tire-fire that is the Canucks. I think that if he's played in a middle six role on a decent team he'll be good for 15 goals, 25-30 points.
He is not a line driver. That's for sure... especially if it's a 2nd line. But he wont screw things up. He shoots a lot..shoots from everywhere. If he has the puck, the puck will hit the net...doesnt matter where he is... he's decent on the wall and again, he's pretty solid in his own end.
He's on the south side of 30 yrs old but his contract isn't great. Two more years after this season at $3.25M

4rnd pick and he's yours

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Lindgren is our top pairing LHD. Hajek isn’t even a #7 dmen. Lindgren is not available.

I bet the Rangers wouldn't mind a do over with JT Miller, especially after a big regime change.

JTM is signed for another season after this with a 5.25M cap hit. Again, the Rangers will have about 10M in cap space with 2 UFA’s in Strome and Rooney. Our 2C and 4C. And 3 RFA’s in Kakko, Blais, and Gauthier.

This isn’t EA. There is a salary cap. Too many people in this thread are ignoring it for some insanely foolish reason.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Lindgren is our top pairing LHD. Hajek isn’t even a #7 dmen. Lindgren is not available.

JTM is signed for another season after this with a 5.25M cap hit. Again, the Rangers will have about 10M in cap space with 2 UFA’s in Strome and Rooney. Our 2C and 4C. And 3 RFA’s in Kakko, Blais, and Gauthier.

This isn’t EA. There is a salary cap. Too many people in this thread are ignoring it for some insanely foolish reason.

You have $10 million cap space, only 2x UFAs, one of them is Kevin Rooney and you're worried?

I think the Rangers could make Miller at his cap hit happen if they were interested. He only makes $5.25 million. The fact that the Rangers are in the market for second line help would probably imply they would have to spend in that ballpark anyway. That's not EA Sports.

Reactions: egelband

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, it's next season that's the problem
They can afford a rental for this year but next season it becomes tight for them with Fox and Zib new deals.

All of their high priced guys are into ufa ages except for Fox and shest. And they are Not moving either guy.

so they are dealing with trade or movement protection. And who would want to leave Manhattan?

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
It would be a good time for the Leafs to unload Kerfoot and his 3.5 million dollar salary.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I truthfully wouldn't mind him back. Another year left after this one at 5.2M isn't the worst. Brings grit and is definitely a top 6 player. Depends on the price though, I feel like they might be able to command more than we are willing to give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad