TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You have $10 million cap space, only 2x UFAs, one of them is Kevin Rooney and you're worried?

I think the Rangers could make Miller at his cap hit happen if they were interested. He only makes $5.25 million. The fact that the Rangers are in the market for second line help would probably imply they would have to spend in that ballpark anyway. That's not EA Sports.
It’s not just Rooney. It’s 5 players. Or 4 players with about 5m cap space (assuming we trade for JTM and let Strome walk or trade him).

That’s not enough space to re-sign Kakko, Blais, a 3RW (or Gauthier), and a 4C.

The Rangers won’t be able to re-sign JTM after his contract is up anyway. Nor are they going to move a prospect like Schneider for a year and a half rental on a player they traded because they didn’t like his attitude.

On the surface JTM might seem like a good fit, but it’s not when you break things down.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why are the Rangers re-acquiring JT Miller again?

Practically gave him away because they didn’t like his fit in the room and didn’t want to pay him.

Going to go out on a limb and say it’s not Miller

he’s changed man. I swear.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Earlier this year the asking price on this web site for Buchnevich was a top five draft choice. Has the cost changed?
That was the asking price from a couple of fans, one of which is obsessed with him more than Kravtsov. Most of the Rangers fanbase weren’t expecting a top-10 pick lol. We’re not that batshit crazy.

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How expensive a cap hit can the Rangers take on? They have around $10 mill available for next season but need a backup goalie and like 6 forwards. D seems set. So that’s 7 more players to fit in at $10 mill.

maybe Nemeth at $2.5 and Reeves at $1.75 can be moved but I think they like everyone else.

Rangers ok this season and next but have no cushion at all
due to Fox 9.5 extension starting
we sell Strome + Geo for picks, McKegg + Boczinski not reupped, a little finesse here and there and we are good

but as I have said repeatedly
we can not add anybody until Trouba's 8m per is moved.

Monahan will be a Ranger. It is inevitable.
nope he's all yours

I don’t blame you for not wanting to move Schneider but you can’t expect to land a player like Miller or Horvat and not give up a valuable piece that the other team needs.
fine
we don't expect to add Miller, Horvat, Hertl, etc
we will make due internally by promoting Barron

Could find a forward for cheaper than Buchnevich's 6-7m (I forget which it is)
Also Kravtsov stinks
May be the issue
bold is totally wrong
he set KHL record and has obvious talent

We traded him for no reason, well, future cap casualty. But they could've just traded him at the deadline or after the season, there was no reason to rush that trade (which was lackluster, and I like Blais). I guess Drury thought he'd get Eichel or he's just a dummy. I'm leaning towards dummy.

He signed Nemeth for 3 years at a pretty high caphit when we got Zac Jones who's literally NHL ready. Just because we were going to pair him with a Swedish rookie (Lundkvist) which is dumb AF. Lundkvist speaks English and Zibanejad is a fellow swede on the team.

Buch - I like Blais but if EDM was prior willing to go 10OA ish we should have gone there coupla seasons ago instead of holding him, esp since it was clear as day we would eventually have to yield to cap reality and deal him.

Nemeth is generally playing well and is a good short term fit for Nils L.
We can move him in like 2 years.

Jones is close enuf to ready but his value will be upped if we wait and develop before showcasing.

Nils is still adjusting to NHL size rink and is the keeper here.
He is the only one of the bunch with a laser of a shot.

The Avs have a slightly used Tyson Jost for Drury.
nope, he's all yours

That’s a fair assessment of Lindgren at this point. Chance he becomes a #2 in his own right, but he’s really solid on the top pair because of how well he complements Fox. He’s also only 23 and on a pretty good deal with 2 years left after this. Don’t see the rangers looking to move him. Even if they were, is Vilardi worth that type of d-man right now?
Most would be opposed to moving Lindy due to effectiveness and chemistry w/Fox and a good price for the next 3 seasons.
I would say it depends on the return, and it would have to be a solid 1st.
Vilardi is no guarantee, but at 11OA he is a prudent risk.
Of worth noting, Rangers have a larger version of Lindgren in Robertson, who could prob step in now if needed.

LA has an abundance of picks and prospects to give out if Vilardi wasn't enough to get the job done.

You can slide Lindgren alongside Doughty and he's young enough to mentor a guy like Clarke when he gets called up.

Also I don't follow the Rangers close enough but with the loss of Lindgren couldn't someone like Hajek come in and take his spot? Or does he suck.
Hajek on his best day is not Lindgren.
H is not as bad as he is being maligned.
Howev, there is no denying that after looking 111% like the real deal his first 4 games, he injured his shoulder, and NY mgmt screwed it up big time.
I could understand a drop off, but the guy went from an eye opener to what he is now.
That said, if a team wanted him at buy how, if he could turn the switch back on, he's worth a cheap play.

Hajek should be moved in any event b'c NY has several guys ahead of him on depth chart so we should be moved

Doing Lindgren for Villardi in some form enables NY to give exposure to Jones/Reunanen while Robertson gets top LD mins in the A

Bern post 58 was interesting and only your opinion that the rangers will not trade youth for vets and i respect your opinion but the op was asking for vets so this thread is based on the opinion If you have a issue its with him not me for proposing the vets.

If u recall i have suported ur free speech in other thread even defending it at one point. I am the same we can disagree and be civil to each other as i think i have always been to u.
Vilardi is not have issues making the team He was on covid protocall which he was sent down to get back in shape from. So no issues making the team. Its actually because of him I am offering AA so he can have a top 6 spot when he comes back. AA is not a big salary add hes only 2.7 Kempe is even cheaper at 2 Let not pretend either is a big salary add my friend ur better then that
@KingTech you and I are totally good and I have no issue with y0u whatsoever; I gather that is the same.
As to the OP.
my assertion is not just based on/to OP.

If we trade cheaper youth for vets, once the crush hits next year, we are effed. We would have to pay more to vets than elc/rfas
We do not have a surplus of elc blue chips, other than maybe Jones [because we have Fox as high end QB D].
This ^^^ is true across the board regardless of what deal is proposed and who the poster is.

As to "Vilardi is not have issues making the team" I apologize and retract, but pls do know I was misinformed.
As I said, the source was Yardbarker, I think quoting Larry Brooks, an established, senior NYR beat writer.
The wording of the article was to that effect.

As to something very small for something very small, that is not a problem, as long as, noting the upcoming issue next year that I identified, it is an expiring contract coming back b'c we can't take on more salary next season.
That being the case, we are talking about an inexpensive rental.
I am open to developing AA or similar for similar, and welcome your further thoughts.

It would be a good time for the Leafs to unload Kerfoot and his 3.5 million dollar salary.
Kerfoot is not of interest to NYR, unless they want to upgrade to Strome who, being he is a favorite son from TOR who grew up a Leafs fan and may give them a break and extend now at 5ish, all of which can be worked out in advance, they can do Strome at half for a 1st and something like Kerfoot for Hajek.
Rangers then flip Kerfoot for pick or prospect.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
we are not dealing youth for vets
bend, buckle and break to that reality

even IF IF IF there was an impulse to go there, it doesn't hold up cap wise w/Fox's extension 9.5 kicking in

youth for youth may be possible
Yardbarker had something this am about Krav for Villardi
1:1

Scheneider is untouchable b'c he is heir apparent don't even think about it replacement for Trouba once he lets us move his 8m, hopefully at some pt next yr which is in between now and when his nmc expires

glad to see you paid attention
also
like I've said
CAP REALITY
need blue chip elcs to underwrite Fox and other salary increases

pass, unless maybe it is expiring and they like the return for a guy like Reunanen, a nice LD who is way too far down on the depth chart

And yet this is want you want the Oilers to do with Broberg . LMAO

Last edited:

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Miller for Schneider
Miller @ 50% for Schneider and a 2022 2nd

Horvat for Schneider, Chytl and a 2022-1st

Pettersson for Schneider, Chytl, 2022-1st and Kravtsov

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ant yet this is want you want the Oilers to do with Broberg LMAO

I am not saying Oil should do this.
OP postulates Oil should consider win move(s).
Sure, he is not saying let's deal broberg or other highly valued assets.

Howev, you get what you pay for and what you don't pay for.
A high end add will cost, period.

You don't like it fine, but this was instant 3C and G help and 2 immediate 2nds for a 1st and a later lesser pick

If you don't like that kind of deal, what do you think is the best you can really do?

ps - were you the guy who said when I offered Buch/+ for that pick that EDM should have taken it?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Can a deal based around Toffoli and Kravstov happen already. I love Toffoli but to me this makes sense. Top 6 winger, Rhs plays PP and PK. Kravstov is big young talented Lhs perfect long term xomplient to Suzuki and CC

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I am not saying Oil should do this.
OP postulates Oil should consider win move(s).
Sure, he is not saying let's deal broberg or other highly valued assets.

Howev, you get what you pay for and what you don't pay for.
A high end add will cost, period.

You don't like it fine, but this was instant 3C and G help and 2 immediate 2nds for a 1st and a later lesser pick

If you don't like that kind of deal, what do you think is the best you can really do?

ps - were you the guy who said when I offered Buch/+ for that pick that EDM should have taken it?

So expect low level player as that all you offer . You don't get Broberg for what you are offering . Just as you just said

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't know if they can wait two or three months but if Vegas ever gets fully healthy and needs to clear the Eichel money then it's a no brainer Gallant would be interested in Reilly Smith and could possibly get him for a pick or something.

Reactions: egelband and CLW

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Since Miller is a retread well give you Boeser for Schnieder, Chytil and Jones

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Schneider+1st+2nd for Miller 50% retained
Congrats on posting the shittiest proposal in this thread! Here’s a cookie for your god awful suggestion!
200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad