TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Rangers can have Jarnkrok for one of those 2nd rounders they have in next years draft.

Jarnkrok can play both center and wing, plays a solid 200 feet game and might just need a change of scenery to get his goal scoring going.
He's also going to be an UFA and won't be a cap problem for next year when those contracts of Fox and Mika kick in.

Other guys from Seattle could be Johanson, Blackwell or even Donskoi but he's got another year left on his contract.

Reactions: egelband

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Why?? It will cost more than it tastes.

In a take, I see the profit in getting a solid guy, when the ypung guys with Zibby and Panarin takes the offence, and this new guy takes the harder work, more defensive side of NHL (the hard side of NHL). But are Rangers ready for the pricetag?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Engvall from the leafs would be a solid get for the Rangers. Hes great on the pk, has a ton of speed, has a good shot, and can fill in at center if need be. Hes probably worth a 3rd + 4th considering that the leafs need to reduce their cap.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
yea but he’s a smaller puck moving d man, we got OEL, Hughes and Rathbone for that. We need a bigger defensive right side D man, this is our biggest hole that needs to be plugged and any trade around Horvat or Miller needs to plug it
Lundkvist isn’t really what I’d call a PMD. He’s a shooter in the offensive zone but he’s more is a straight up defenseman in general. I think his defensive play is coming around. He has very good instincts. I think his pick skills are overrated due to his size. I’m quite high on him but don’t see him as a PMD.
A deal around Schneider and Horvat might be interesting.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Montreal is loaded with those

Who do you want?
Anderson? Toffoli? Hoffman? Droun? Gallagher?

All of them?
Can Gallagher play center? I do suspect that the Rangers- if they do try to make a deal- go for a center, to kill two birds with one stone. If they go for a winger, it’s probably a prospect or a veteran depth piece who doesn’t mind the press box.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Connor Brown retained 50% for your 1st+Kratsov

happiness-laughing.gif

DazeHereToAmaze91

Nov 14, 2021
Connor Brown retained 50% for your 1st+Kratsov
No thanks. Brown is an upcoming UFA we're not moving both of those pieces for him. That retention isn't needed since the Rangers easily can afford Brown at his full contract. So there's no need to pay a premium for that retention.

What would you want for Brown without any retention?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Title says 2nd/3rd line forward.
Chances are guys like Schneider, Miller and the 1st are off the table, unless it's a higher valued 2nd line player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So expect low level player as that all you offer . You don't get Broberg for what you are offering . Just as you just said

Not accurate.
the value of the package was 4 current 2nds + for equiv of top 10 + a delayed 3rd.

If you don't want to go there, despite the fact you could use geo and despite the fact you need the picks, fine.
Make me an offer for just Rooney.
But like I said, I have zero reason to move him cheap.
Do you have a current 2nd to offer? No.
So I take a later 2nd + what for having to wait?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Since Miller is a retread well give you Boeser for Schnieder, Chytil and Jones

no thanks
if we did not have reality of Fox ext nxt season, could consider
Strome + Jones

but reality says we can't keep Boeser -- or anyone else -- until Trouba is moved when he will allow that or season after season after next, whichever comes first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad