TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Can Gallagher play center? I do suspect that the Rangers- if they do try to make a deal- go for a center, to kill two birds with one stone. If they go for a winger, it’s probably a prospect or a veteran depth piece who doesn’t mind the press box.

No he can't or at least, not well enough to be a regular.

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd kill to have Horvat on the team.

Only 1 year left after this season.

1 st + Chytil + Lundkvist for Horvat?

If he was signed for longer I'd offer way more than that. But he's going to get a big raise and Benning is Benning so this is probably a huge overpayment :sarcasm:.
NO NO NO and NO
DO THE MATH PLS
reality of salary cap
PLUS on general principle not dealing youth for vets

@bernmeister I think this ask is pretty decent as he make 200k less then AA Patrik Nemeth and a 2nd ? for AA As you know i am and will be continuely looking for the unicorn D but i am going to ask for one that can add size and be happy with that.
AA is stopgap window dressing for us. Speed is great, but not much else checks out, which is why he stayed UFA for so long. He is not a bottom guy like Rooney who demonstrates some ability (why Roon wuz protected in the exp dr]. If going that direction, would look more at Greenway from the Wild.
That said, Nemeth, while useful in the short term and we are not rushing to move him while Nils L continues to get comfy, is available. Short term moving Nemeth:
gives Hajek + Tinordi instant mins
longer term gives Reunanen, Jones and Robertson mins

If I understood you, the ask is Nemeth + 2nd for AA.
Sorry, that's a no b'c AA is not worth a 2nd.
But if you can be patient a month or so, I'll sell Nemeth for market price which starts at a 4 and gets to a 3rd.
If you are hot and heavy to move AA, I'd take him as a stopgap this year not worried about long term salary, but remember, we are looking to move a body or two to make space for Kravstov return this year.

I will consider other scenarios w/an open mind, but generally at this pt, some exceptions aside, we prefer to draft our own than take on equiv value prospects, so picks, which do not add short term cap, are preferable.

If I missed something pls advise.
Thanks

Ideally the Rangers would make a trade for someone who has this year and next year left on their contract, but they get that player with retention so they can fit into the cap structure next season. Unless we could somehow dump Goodrow's contract, then there wouldn't need to be any. But seems like a rental is the play for now. If only they would have kept their best winger who was in the middle of his prime and signed for a really fair contract.
Goodrow fits a need. He should not be moved short term.
Buch
- was not their best W [Panarin, Kreider, say hello]
- wanted and deserved to get paid, so was not signing cheap
- prob was not keeping him but holding him too long if as was believed EDM or others would have paid that much given they were getting more term from him on a bargain contract.

We cannot afford most adds
We should resolve internally immediately promoting Barron.

So stop asking for something you can't afford.........If you want a guy that is actually a high 1/2 line player, they will get paid like one............

Miller @ 50% for 1-1/2 years..........is a frigging great deal...................like about $2.5 Million..............per

Yes it is short term, but 2 years of playoffs.............so again, don't ask for what your are not prepared to pay for
I am not asking.
You and others are adamant about pushing for another win now exercise in stupidity, given proven track record of how futile these overreaches are.

Unless Trouba agrees to go early, no.

Gallagher for Kravtsov and a dump
no
do not want and K, all factors in consideration is worth more.

JT Miller back to NYR makes too much sense given the plethora of solid D prospects in NYR.
Other than Jones who is redundant of real deal in Fox ahead of him, we need all those guys short term.
And Miller even if we agreed Strome as a core piece to cover cap, is non starter b'c we then eff ourselves next season

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
The equivalent to 3 first for 1.5 seasons of Horvat is garbage?

We're not trading for someone with term, come on now.
yeah, but using the same methodology underpinning your response would mean that Horvat would also be worth Tinordi, Gauthier and a 1st.Which, is also garbage

You peg the value of a former first round pick to an actual first round pick, this is a fallacy as you have not yet defined how far removed from the draft can you go until the player is no longer equal to a first round pick and rather judged on the merit of the actual player taken with that pick.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Bern with respect you are underestimating Athanasiou. Yes he has speed but ur not giving him credit for great hands in close. He also has 5 points in 5 games Yes a small game size but hes coming off a injury . I am not sure if u can find the goal he scored against the leafs this year but i suggest if u can find u look at it closely then readdress your thinking on his skill level I have been paying attention to your "cap issue posts" this totally address this issue. Your team pays a extra 200 k this year but get out of a 2 year commitment of 2.5 million cap space. As far as the offer we can drop 2 to a 3rd if that would make u accept. I as always look forward to a interesting response.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern with respect you are underestimating Athanasiou. Yes he has speed but ur not giving him credit for great hands in close. He also has 5 points in 5 games Yes a small game size but hes coming off a injury . I am not sure if u can find the goal he scored against the leafs this year but i suggest if u can find u look at it closely then readdress your thinking on his skill level I have been paying attention to your "cap issue posts" this totally address this issue. Your team pays a extra 200 k this year but get out of a 2 year commitment of 2.5 million cap space. As far as the offer we can drop 2 to a 3rd if that would make u accept. I as always look forward to a interesting response.

KT, I agree that an expiring player is not a cap concern for Rangers next yr, by definition.
I agree AA expiring is not a cap prob for next yr, per se.

The ? is other than short term gain IF a guy is a good fit, what is the benefit of surrendering assets for a guy not who may go elsewhere?
Esp since as you see even after we deal Strome and Geo to have room for Fox's 9.5, we are gonna have to squeeze every drop of cap for 1-2 yrs til we get out from under on Trouba and replace his 8 w/Schneider's elc.

And that is another opportunity cost which assumes playing AA is not better than giving mins to Barron, or more mins to the younger players here.

Now, that said, despite the track record of him not being in demand recently and not signed until the last minute, and despite the above, I believe the X factor of roster manipulation may justify your suggestion we take him IF IF IF it also solves other problems.

So, you say AA is a jewel in the rough.
I say Hajek actually played like an All Star for 4 games, got injured, mgmt effed up his return and he has never been as he was. He will be a serviceable 3rd pair UNLESS a new team can flip a switch not available in NY and create chemistry/opportunity.

Here is where I am comfortable:
Hajek + NYR + WPG 2022 4ths + 2022 + 2023 NYR 5ths
for
AA + PIT 2022 3rd + 2023 4th [which has conditions, as is]

so
Kings get 3 picks [2 4ths + a 5th] this yr for 1 [but that one -- a 3rd -- is 1 notch better than either 4th]
and 1 for 1 next yr [5th for a 4th*]
plus a 1 for 1 player swap

* that 4th could maybe turn into a 3rd, maybe

so besides players,
LA gets 2 extra middle picks for 1 actual and 1 potentially slightly better middle pick

Hajek is not the unicorn you seek but he is mobile and skates well enough. His prob is decision making/recognizing responses, and a whole new system may be just the answer.

If AA blows us away, he may be welcomed back, but more likely he will go where he will get paid, which as I explained next yr can't be NYR
but
as we move Strome hopefully for pick(s) that gives us a useful body, which will help here now, but possibly can be dealt later.

And on the player side of it you are adding a lower LD for a lower F.

Looks like a fit to me!

thoughts?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
KT, I agree that an expiring player is not a cap concern for Rangers next yr, by definition.

The ? is other than short term gain IF a guy is a good fit, what is the benefit of surrendering assets for a guy not who may go elsewhere?
Esp since as you see even after we deal Strome and Geo to have room for Fox's 9.5, we are gonna have to squeeze every drop of cap for 1-2 yrs til we get out from under on Trouba and replace his 8 w/Schneider's elc.

And that is another opportunity cost which assumes playing AA is not better than giving mins to Barron, or more mins to the younger players here.

Now, that said, despite the track record of him not being in demand recently and not signed until the last minute, and despite the above, I believe the X factor of roster manipulation may justify your suggestion we take him IF IF IF it also solves other problems.

I say Hajek actually played like an All Star for 4 games, got injured, mgmt effed up his return and he has never been as he was. He will be a serviceable 3rd pair UNLESS a new team can flip a switch not available in NY and create chemistry/opportunity.

for

so
Kings get 3 picks [2 4ths + a 5th] this yr for 1 [but that one -- a 3rd -- is 1 notch better than either 4th]

so besides players,
LA gets 2 extra middle picks for 1 actual and 1 potentially slightly better middle pick

Hajek is not the unicorn you seek but he is mobile and skates well enough. His prob is decision making/recognizing responses, and a whole new system may be just the answer.

If AA blows us away, he may be welcomed back, but more likely he will go where he will get paid, which as I explained next yr can't be NYR
but
as we move Strome hopefully for pick(s) that gives us a useful body, which will help here now, but possibly can be dealt later.

Looks like a fit to me!

thoughts?
Please make it stop

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020

for

so

so besides players,

but

Looks like a fit to me!

thoughts?
I am not giving up the best player and best pick in this deal I am willing to go lower then the op of the 2nd but the answer is not giving up the picks u suggest. Sorry I dunno the counter here

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm here for the banter.

So if I understand correctly

The forward required should not be a veteran.
The forward should play and act like a veteran but be paid like a rookie.
The forward should not cost anything.
The forward needs to be signed longer term.
The forward is actually Kravstov but not really Kravstov.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I'm here for the banter.

So if I understand correctly

The forward required should not be a veteran.
The forward should play and act like a veteran but be paid like a rookie.
The forward should not cost anything.
The forward needs to be signed longer term.
The forward is actually Kravstov but not really Kravstov.

If only we could get you to do an analysis like this for all trade threads that reach 200+ posts.

It could be like "hockeysfuture cliffsnotes for dummies". It would save everyone hours of reading through threads.....

:naughty:

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
seriously what would STL take for Buchy @ 50%. name your price. kravtsov + ???

otherwise any 1 year guy will do. PHX has a truckload of them - i wonder if Kessel could make rain fall again alongside Panarin or Zibby like he did in PIT a few years ago. won't break the bank either i think in terms of acquisition cost.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am not giving up the best player and best pick in this deal I am willing to go lower then the op of the 2nd but the answer is not giving up the picks u suggest. Sorry I dunno the counter here

sorry but you overrate AA and underrate Hajek
you appear to want an acceptably high pick for AA, period

as I took pains to explain, NY should be paring down vet assets, not adding

I'll do something around Hajek for AA
because the logjam at LD is worse than the immediate F surplus

but sorry AA does not show track record of performance strong enough to command high value
I'm happy for you to be able to advise he's shown more game of late, but that is not enuf for a trading partner to start coughing up large

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I think Jasper Fast should be the target:

not too expensive in trade return and cap space
chemistry with Panarin and Strome
RW
kills penalties

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think Jasper Fast should be the target:

not too expensive in trade return and cap space
chemistry with Panarin and Strome
RW
kills penalties

They had the chance to bring him back. Rather go after someone who is a bit grittier and more in your face type of game.

How about Zack Kassian???

Kassian and McLeod for Kravtsov Hajek and Blues 2ed???

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
@bernmeister I think it is you that are underesmiating AA You are looking for a cheap forward on a expiring contract your not going to get constancy. If your looking for someone who is having a great season and may fit AA is the man your looking for. He again last game broke thru the canes D like they were standing still I would be very happy to add him and let him reek more chaos against them if i was a ranger fan. I would also like to point out hes shooting a amazing 16% Now your thinking he sounds to good to be true I am say no hes got his faults *makes the wrong play he keeps when an be should pass and pass when he should shot. However hes not afraid to goto the net and shoot. Bern if you really think hes a 3rd line player than i shake your hand and walk away however he has the game and is playing 2 rw with alot of talent . I invite you to watch the kings (if u need a link dm me) today and see his game and get back to me. Nothing more can i ask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad