TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
@bernmeister I think it is you that are underesmiating AA You are looking for a cheap forward on a expiring contract your not going to get constancy. If your looking for someone who is having a great season and may fit AA is the man your looking for. He again last game broke thru the canes D like they were standing still I would be very happy to add him and let him reek more chaos against them if i was a ranger fan. I would also like to point out hes shooting a amazing 16% Now your thinking he sounds to good to be true I am say no hes got his faults *makes the wrong play he keeps when an be should pass and pass when he should shot. However hes not afraid to goto the net and shoot. Bern if you really think hes a 3rd line player than i shake your hand and walk away however he has the game and is playing 2 rw with alot of talent . I invite you to watch the kings (if u need a link dm me) today and see his game and get back to me. Nothing more can i ask

thanks for the share
I am still leaning to no F return in trade and instead fill any hole internally, starting w/Barron.
That said, I am open to the AA add.
And it was reported NY not likely to have extension talks w/Strome, meaning at some pt he goes.

if I can check out and confirm his game has upped to a 2nd line W quality, I will reconsider to up my offer accordingly.

Howev
as I noted
there are issues w/roster size.
Recosideration would only speak as to improving any draft pick or prospect I would send.
Hajek would have to go the other way.
Depending on how high the pick component is for AA
Hajek for a 4th at best or 5th at worst [NY standpoint] would be required.
That should not be a prob as while you are searching for a unicorn or two, you can use an experienced LD w/adequate size + skating ability.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
thanks for the share
I am still leaning to no F return in trade and instead fill any hole internally, starting w/Barron.
That said, I am open to the AA add.
And it was reported NY not likely to have extension talks w/Strome, meaning at some pt he goes.

if I can check out and confirm his game has upped to a 2nd line W quality, I will reconsider to up my offer accordingly.

Howev
as I noted
there are issues w/roster size.
Recosideration would only speak as to improving any draft pick or prospect I would send.
Hajek would have to go the other way.
Depending on how high the pick component is for AA
Hajek for a 4th at best or 5th at worst [NY standpoint] would be required.
That should not be a prob as while you are searching for a unicorn or two, you can use an experienced LD w/adequate size + skating ability.

@bernmeister I thank you for the reconsideration on the value of AA I will also watch the ranger D to make sure i have current information on each one. Letting u know where I am coming from on AA he is currently play on our best line with Danulat and Iafallo Which plays 16 -17 mins a game AA also gets pp time most on the 2nd pp. He is a bt puck hog but one of the few player i have seen that has a bust of speed one gear up that lets him drive thru the middle and break free. When you see this it will show he is more talented then you thought. Get back to me thru dm or a @ . However if ur not open to it or don't change ur mind then never mind. LOoking forward to thoughts and seeing if u do change ur mind/

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
@bernmeister I thank you for the reconsideration on the value of AA I will also watch the ranger D to make sure i have current information on each one. Letting u know where I am coming from on AA he is currently play on our best line with Danulat and Iafallo Which plays 16 -17 mins a game AA also gets pp time most on the 2nd pp. He is a bt puck hog but one of the few player i have seen that has a bust of speed one gear up that lets him drive thru the middle and break free. When you see this it will show he is more talented then you thought. Get back to me thru dm or a @ . However if ur not open to it or don't change ur mind then never mind. LOoking forward to thoughts and seeing if u do change ur mind/

I will look forward to the follow up w/you.
Howev, pls don't you hesitate to reach out to me as I am crushed time wise and may have to rely on you to keep me advised of AA latest.

best
bern

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Miller @ 50% for Schneider and a 2022 2nd

Horvat for Schneider, Chytl and a 2022-1st

Sorry to come back to this..............but either one of these 2 players are the best 2 offered...........hands down and no contest

But what I don't understand, is NY Rangers fans thinking they do not have enough cap, for either...........

Down grade your goalie and move Strome and you get Miller or Horvat................

Basically your current cap space pays for Fox .....?

Do you guys want an upgrade or not?

as for new contracts..........that is a risk with any top end UFA, who normally sign with the team that holds their right if treated right.

I don't get it????????????

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The pace he’s playing at, he may be at the deadline.
Okay? You can say that for a lot of players. No team would trade their 2nd for Barabanov right now. And the fact that you’re willing to give him up for a 2nd right now when his value is the highest proves that even you don’t think he’s worth that

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Give me Crouse or give me death
They should have got him in the offseason. Should have probably traded Georgiev in a package for him when they needed a goalie.
Crouse looks great this season. I was beating the drum for NYR to get him for a while.
He’s going to get a pretty solid raise if he plays like he’s been playing all year. He’s only 24 but a RFA at years end.
I think the Yotes would trade him, but they likely would want more then what other teams are willing to pay

Reactions: bernmeister

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think Jasper Fast should be the target:

not too expensive in trade return and cap space
chemistry with Panarin and Strome
RW
kills penalties

Yeaaah… kind of feel like us Canes fans are partial to him.

Now this trade would not happen for a few reasons… One being that the Rangers and Canes are back in the Metro and NYR is beginning their window to compete I don’t see Carolina wanting to help out on that but with Jarvis being such a stud and being a slam dunk to stick on the team we may have an extra forward to trade. That forward would be Nino Neids.

Make an offer. Maybe it will work.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
NO NO NO and NO
DO THE MATH PLS
reality of salary cap
PLUS on general principle not dealing youth for vets

AA is
That said, Nemeth, while useful in the short term and we are not rushing to move him while Nils L continues to get comfy, is available. Short term moving Nemeth:
gives Hajek + Tinordi instant mins
longer term gives Reunanen, Jones and Robertson mins

If I understood you, the ask is Nemeth + 2nd for AA.
Sorry, that's a no b'c AA is not worth a 2nd.
But if you can be patient a month or so, I'll sell Nemeth for market price which starts at a 4 and gets to a 3rd.
If you are hot and heavy to move AA, I'd take him as a stopgap this year not worried about long term salary, but remember, we are looking to move a body or two to make space for Kravstov return this year.

I will consider other scenarios w/an open mind, but generally at this pt, some exceptions aside, we prefer to draft our own than take on equiv value prospects, so picks, which do not add short term cap, are preferable.

If I missed something pls advise.
Thanks

Goodrow fits a need. He should not be moved short term.
Buch
- was not their best W [Panarin, Kreider, say hello]
- wanted and deserved to get paid, so was not signing cheap
- prob was not keeping him but holding him too long if as was believed EDM or others would have paid that much given they were getting more term from him on a bargain contract.

We cannot afford most adds
We should resolve internally immediately promoting Barron.

I am not asking.
You and others are adamant about pushing for another win now exercise in stupidity, given proven track record of how futile these overreaches are.

Unless Trouba agrees to go early, no.

no
do not want and K, all factors in consideration is worth more.

Other than Jones who is redundant of real deal in Fox ahead of him, we need all those guys short term.
And Miller even if we agreed Strome as a core piece to cover cap, is non starter b'c we then eff ourselves next season

Horvat doesn’t have a high salary. He’s 26 and signed to a solid deal.
He’s and ideal 2C to play behind Zibby and in front of a Barron for the next 5-6 seasons.
Schneider is going to be on 3rd pair to start next season. Hopefully Gallant isn’t scared of an all rookie pair because Jones-Schneider would be a big upgrade over Nemeth-Lundkvist imo.
Nils has been playing better lately, but imo he’s on borrowed time here.

this is basically what I see the line up as to start next season

Laf-Zibby-Kreider
Panarin-Horvat-kakko
Goodrow-Barron-Blais
Hunt-Rooney/Richards/UFA-Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Schneider
Nemeth as 7th ( vet)

I don’t see nils displacing anyone on the left side, nor will he take fox or Trouba’s top 4 minutes in the next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DazeHereToAmaze91

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Miller @ 50% for Schneider and a 2022 2nd

Horvat for Schneider, Chytl and a 2022-1st

Sorry to come back to this..............but either one of these 2 players are the best 2 offered...........hands down and no contest

But what I don't understand, is NY Rangers fans thinking they do not have enough cap, for either...........

Down grade your goalie and move Strome and you get Miller or Horvat................

Basically your current cap space pays for Fox .....?

Do you guys want an upgrade or not?

as for new contracts..........that is a risk with any top end UFA, who normally sign with the team that holds their right if treated right.

I don't get it????????????

it's very simple, pay attention:
this yr is not a prob
we have no cap going forward b'c Fox 9.5 ext kicks in next yr
Strome + Geo are gone, other moves cover dif
we barely squeeze by other needs
this remains the case until Trouba's 8m per is moved, replaced by Schneider

NOW, given that REALITY
we do not want to pay EITHER
for asset under contract next yr
OR
for expiring asset costing signif compensation this yr who, needing to signed,
means you waste the assets spent on a stop gap.

The smart play here is call up Barron + solve internally
also
sell Strome now while longer term on current deal ups his value

sell excess vets
get down to young core
give that core max mins to develop w/min or line shuffling

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Horvat doesn’t have a high salary. He’s 26 and signed to a solid deal.
He’s and ideal 2C to play behind Zibby and in front of a Barron for the next 5-6 seasons.
Schneider is going to be on 3rd pair to start next season. Hopefully Gallant isn’t scared of an all rookie pair because Jones-Schneider would be a big upgrade over Nemeth-Lundkvist imo.

Horvat listed by CF as 5.5 x 2.
Again pls math
Fox 9.5 will suck every ounce of cap dollar and we have minimum wriggle room until Trouba buh bye

you could swap out Strome somewhere and do Horv this yr, but then you are effed next yr

we agree to disagree about if we keep Jones v Nils L

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Horvat listed by CF as 5.5 x 2.
Again pls math
Fox 9.5 will suck every ounce of cap dollar and we have minimum wriggle room until Trouba buh bye

you could swap out Strome somewhere and do Horv this yr, but then you are effed next yr

we agree to disagree about if we keep Jones v Nils L

where is Nils playing?? Please don’t say 4th line.......

Strome+ chytil s cap hit is almost 7.5 kakko/LaF not going on huge deals.
Nyr would have no problem spending 5-7 mill on a 2c

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
where is Nils playing?? Please don’t say 4th line.......

Strome+ chytil s cap hit is almost 7.5 kakko/LaF not going on huge deals.
Nyr would have no problem spending 5-7 mill on a 2c

Nils is our 3RD behind Fox and for now, Trouba, who gets replaced by Schneider asap
we've had this discussion.
prefer Nils and his righty shot

As to balance, what the hell is this Chytil reference?
We are keeping Chytil.

And no, we can not afford squat next yr and after on anything even having moved Strome + Geo until Trouba is moved.

I am basing this on math.
If you think I'm wrong, show the math.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Nils is our 3RD behind Fox and for now, Trouba, who gets replaced by Schneider asap
we've had this discussion.
prefer Nils and his righty shot

As to balance, what the hell is this Chytil reference?
We are keeping Chytil.

And no, we can not afford squat next yr and after on anything even having moved Strome + Geo until Trouba is moved.

I am basing this on math.
If you think I'm wrong, show the math.

If they are making a move for a 2C, chytil is likely traded as part of the return.
Again, trouba is going nowhere for at least 2 more seasons after this 1. Schneider is ready after this season... where does nils play after this year???
Strome most likely walks
Kakko most likely gets a bridge deal.
They will wait in LaF to see if he explodes next year before talking any ext with him.
Barron likely takes 3C duties over.

so your cap space leaving is Strome, Georgiev, and likely chytil. Plus whatever little we get from buyouts back and a likely 1 to 1.5 mill cap increase conservatively.
That’s about 10 million.
Replace that with Barron on ELC, cheap back up goalie 1-1.5 mill.
They also could try to move Nemeth if Gallant/Drury are comfortable with a Jones-Schneider 3rd pairing. If they are, they sign a vet on a 1 year deal similar to Tinordi.
There will be cap room to add a player If they choose.
I’m praying they aren’t dumb enough to give strome a new deal with a raise.
A lot is going to depend on Chytil. If they think he’s the future 2C, or they trade him out as part of the package for an upgrade.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Okay? You can say that for a lot of players. No team would trade their 2nd for Barabanov right now. And the fact that you’re willing to give him up for a 2nd right now when his value is the highest proves that even you don’t think he’s worth that

You can’t really say that though. I’d be willing to give him up because the Sharks need more picks, have a bunch of wingers coming up, and he’s a cheap rental. I have no problems holding onto him so he proves himself further but if he maintains his pace, he could return a 1st.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
They should have got him in the offseason. Should have probably traded Georgiev in a package for him when they needed a goalie.
Crouse looks great this season. I was beating the drum for NYR to get him for a while.
He’s going to get a pretty solid raise if he plays like he’s been playing all year. He’s only 24 but a RFA at years end.
I think the Yotes would trade him, but they likely would want more then what other teams are willing to pay

I will give whatever they want I do not care Crouse is a player with the intangibles he’s like Rick nash in the playoffs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If they are making a move for a 2C, chytil is likely traded as part of the return.
Again, trouba is going nowhere for at least 2 more seasons after this 1. Schneider is ready after this season... where does nils play after this year???
Strome most likely walks
Kakko most likely gets a bridge deal.
They will wait in LaF to see if he explodes next year before talking any ext with him.
Barron likely takes 3C duties over.

so your cap space leaving is Strome, Georgiev, and likely chytil. Plus whatever little we get from buyouts back and a likely 1 to 1.5 mill cap increase conservatively.
That’s about 10 million.
Replace that with Barron on ELC, cheap back up goalie 1-1.5 mill.
They also could try to move Nemeth if Gallant/Drury are comfortable with a Jones-Schneider 3rd pairing. If they are, they sign a vet on a 1 year deal similar to Tinordi.
There will be cap room to add a player If they choose.
I’m praying they aren’t dumb enough to give strome a new deal with a raise.
A lot is going to depend on Chytil. If they think he’s the future 2C, or they trade him out as part of the package for an upgrade.

not addressing the rest of it
want them to keep Chytil
dealing likely a mistake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad