TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Gauthier and Hunt have really stepped up as of late. I think the Rangers may not be in the market after all.

finally a sensible quote from you on which we can agree.

Not only is there no immediate need to add [of course, this is not saying don't add if opporunity knocks],
but there is a need to sell high on Strome b'c his value is higher now w/mo term on his contract, and getting a better return is more useful in the big picture than the idiocy of win now instant gratification.

If Geo could get a switch that enables him to play to full ability after sitting, fine, but since he now shows constant signs of rust after sitting and he is gonna sit and not challenge Shesty, we should sell low on him and call up Huska.

By the way,
I am waiting to hear you admit I was right
WAY in advance like last yr
calling for
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier

you can say it...
confession is good for the soul.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
To New York: Armia, Chiarot

To Montreal: STL'2022 2nd, Kravtsov, Nemeth

Rangers get a 3rd line RW with size, plus a veteran LD on an expiring contract to replace Nemeth. Moving Nemeth's contract off the books clears the way for Hajek to take over LD duties on the bottom pairing next season

Habs land an offensively gifted winger with speed who is looking for a fresh start, a 2022 2nd rd pick, and a veteran bottom pairing LD who could possibly be flipped at the deadline to a contender in need of help on their blueline
Rangers say no.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
finally a sensible quote from you on which we can agree.

Not only is there no immediate need to add [of course, this is not saying don't add if opporunity knocks],
but there is a need to sell high on Strome b'c his value is higher now w/mo term on his contract, and getting a better return is more useful in the big picture than the idiocy of win now instant gratification.

If Geo could get a switch that enables him to play to full ability after sitting, fine, but since he now shows constant signs of rust after sitting and he is gonna sit and not challenge Shesty, we should sell low on him and call up Huska.

By the way,
I am waiting to hear you admit I was right
WAY in advance like last yr
calling for
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier

you can say it...
confession is good for the soul.
Nice dig. Do you mean as opposed to your constant nonsensical comments? I can understand how that would be refreshing. Also your early victory lap is hilarious as that line has been together for 3 games. Calm down.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Rangers get a 3rd line RW with size, plus a veteran LD on an expiring contract to replace Nemeth. Moving Nemeth's contract off the books clears the way for Hajek to take over LD duties on the bottom pairing next season

Habs land an offensively gifted winger with speed who is looking for a fresh start, a 2022 2nd rd pick, and a veteran bottom pairing LD who could possibly be flipped at the deadline to a contender in need of help on their blueline
Rangers have zero need for Chariot.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Not sure how Montreal feels about this but makes no sense for NYR. The cap and length is too much on Armia for NYR right now.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Take 2...

To New York: Armia, Wideman

To Montreal: Kravtsov, Nemeth

Rangers get a 3rd line RW with size, while opening up a spot for Hajek to take over LD duties on their bottom pairing. Wideman gives them some additional depth at RD

Habs get a speedy offensive forward prospect who is looking to change organizations, and a veteran LD to replace Chiarot and Kulak when they're eventually traded

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Take 2...

Rangers get a 3rd line RW with size, while opening up a spot for Hajek to take over LD duties on their bottom pairing. Wideman gives them some additional depth at RD

Habs get a speedy offensive forward prospect who is looking to change organizations, and a veteran LD to replace Chiarot and Kulak when they're eventually traded
This is still a very bad deal for the Rangers

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Take 2...

Your basic premise is off. Armia at 3.4 for the next 3 years isn't something we want.

Hajek hasn't been very good in his time in the NHL. We aren't looking to open a spot for him. That's why Nemeth was signed.

There are better options for the Rangers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Take 2...

Well, I like it for them...

While it is Rangers own fault due to escapades of their own mgmt, the fact is, Kravstov continues to have 9OA value, and will have that, until he comes back and plays meaningful mins in the top 6, pref the top line.
If he craps out then, well yes, it is THEN fair to say he was a bust.

That he played 20 games for a shit show of an injury depeted team last yr, almost entirely on the 4th line due to an idiot of a coach, w/linemates who mostly could not shoot the puck into the ocean, is not a testament vs K, and esp not a final one.

Everybody needs to admit to and do the math.
We can't afford Strome next season
no self rental
no indulgence
deal him now for more b'c his contract has more term

Get that done, bring up Barron
when Krav is ready to return there will be room for him too.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I bet you do.

I like Armia but you cannot trade Kravtsov for a 28 year old 20-30 point winger just because he can PK and he is Finnish.

That is horrific asset management.

So is holding onto Kravtsov despite him having walked out on the franchise to play overseas

How about if the Habs include Evans in the deal?

To New York: Armia, Evans, Wideman

Reactions: cavs

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Your basic premise is off. Armia at 3.4 for the next 3 years isn't something we want.

Hajek hasn't been very good in his time in the NHL. We aren't looking to open a spot for him. That's why Nemeth was signed.

There are better options for the Rangers.

In my original proposal, I had Chiarot going to the Rangers to replace Nemeth, and was told he wasn't needed...

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
In my original proposal, I had Chiarot going to the Rangers to replace Nemeth, and was told he wasn't needed...

If we are trading Nemeth, then we'd need someone to replace him. But that has no bearing on the fact that we don't want Armia's contract. We'd cut cap on the dman swap, but gain even more by adding Armia. No bueno.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So is holding onto Kravtsov despite him having walked out on the franchise to play overseas

How about if the Habs include Evans in the deal?

To New York: Armia, Evans, Wideman

Still no. Rangers don’t move Kravtsov for a non-equivalent asset. I don’t think it was smart to make Kravtsov go to Russia either but at least they still have his rights so that’s the best of a bad situation. That doesn’t mean you deal him for scraps either. The Rangers do not have to do anything with Kravtsov. They can wait for better offers than this. Kravtsov to Montreal? Straight up for Caufield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad