TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Have a pretty hard time seeing the Rangers trading a guy like Schneider for a player they already traded years ago because of his attitude / personality / dedication level. I'm sure JT Miller has matured and is producing well but I don't think that's something either party would want to re-visit.

I think the appetite for moving Schneider at all is pretty low unless it's a no-brainer kind of deal. Seems like the Rangers are grooming Jones/Schneider to take over as a pairing soon enough.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
need right side not left, Hughes and OEL are on out left side. If Schneider isn’t available I don’t see a fit here, Horvat and Miller are our top players we can’t move them for pieces that don’t help us
Wait....Lundqvist is a RD...did you know that?

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Wait....Lundqvist is a RD...did you know that?

yea but he’s a smaller puck moving d man, we got OEL, Hughes and Rathbone for that. We need a bigger defensive right side D man, this is our biggest hole that needs to be plugged and any trade around Horvat or Miller needs to plug it

Reactions: egelband and Mandar

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
yea but he’s a smaller puck moving d man, we got OEL, Hughes and Rathbone for that. We need a bigger defensive right side D man, this is our biggest hole that needs to be plugged and any trade around Horvat or Miller needs to plug it
Gotcha....appreciate the feedback.

I would include K'Andre....not sure fellow NYR fans would though.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Go right past Miller, and inquire about Horvat....

Krav, Lundqvist, 1st? I'm sure Canucks fans will want more, but I'm trying to set the foundation

I genuinely don't believe you would get either without Schneider being in the deal.

Miller would go for market value for a PPG Winger/Center on a steal of a contract for this year and next. If the Canucks retained, his return should be significant. JT Miller for 2.6 mil (50% retention) for the next 2 years would make any contender pretty scary, and would likely get some real heavy offers.

I'd have to think Benning would need a pretty big overpayment to consider moving Horvat, I don't think there is much of a deal to be had there. He is our captain, and a pretty big piece of this core going forward.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I genuinely don't believe you would get either without Schneider being in the deal.

Miller would go for market value for a PPG Winger/Center on a steal of a contract for this year and next. If the Canucks retained, his return should be significant. JT Miller for 2.6 mil (50% retention) for the next 2 years would make any contender pretty scary, and would likely get some real heavy offers.

I'd have to think Benning would need a pretty big overpayment to consider moving Horvat, I don't think there is much of a deal to be had there. He is our captain, and a pretty big piece of this core going forward.
Unless Bo is fed up and doesn’t want to sign as a ufa in 2023. That’s the negative of a lost season this year for the Canucks.
Lost of faith in the organization even if benning is fired.

Reactions: iFan

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
New York Rangers NHL trade - TSN.ca

"The Rangers have been in the market for a forward for quite some time" - Dreger

Interesting that this is leaked the same week that there are rumors coming out of Vancouver that they might be dangling JT Miller. Miller of course is a Ranger draft pick who would be a perfect fit with the Rangers style of hockey.

we are not dealing youth for vets
bend, buckle and break to that reality

even IF IF IF there was an impulse to go there, it doesn't hold up cap wise w/Fox's extension 9.5 kicking in

youth for youth may be possible
Yardbarker had something this am about Krav for Villardi
1:1

I havent followed Braden Schneider much this season, how is he developing? Is he an untoucuable?

He fits the mold of what the Canucks needs. Big, Right Shot, Young Dman.

It would probably take someone like that to move Miller who is in his prime, point per game, making 5 mil for this year and next year.
Scheneider is untouchable b'c he is heir apparent don't even think about it replacement for Trouba once he lets us move his 8m, hopefully at some pt next yr which is in between now and when his nmc expires

If NYR want to go in, Miller for Schneider + would make sense.

Just waiting for bern to come in and tell me they can't trade the bluest of blue chip prospects

glad to see you paid attention
also
like I've said
CAP REALITY
need blue chip elcs to underwrite Fox and other salary increases

Would the rangers be interest in Kempe or Athanasiou or LIzzotte or Grunderstrom ? Make a offer

pass, unless maybe it is expiring and they like the return for a guy like Reunanen, a nice LD who is way too far down on the depth chart

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
we are not dealing youth for vets
bend, buckle and break to that reality

even IF IF IF there was an impulse to go there, it doesn't hold up cap wise w/Fox's extension 9.5 kicking in

youth for youth may be possible
Yardbarker had something this am about Krav for Villardi
1:1

Scheneider is untouchable b'c he is heir apparent don't even think about it replacement for Trouba once he lets us move his 8m, hopefully at some pt next yr which is in between now and when his nmc expires

glad to see you paid attention
also
like I've said
CAP REALITY
need blue chip elcs to underwrite Fox and other salary increases

pass, unless maybe it is expiring and they like the return for a guy like Reunanen, a nice LD who is way too far down on the depth chart

Bern my friend your alway welcome to make a offer just remember I can always refuse and counter

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Fair number of Habs fans are looking to sell off vets, not sure if their management is…..but might be an idea.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I don't buy this Dreger BS a single second.

So we have a GM that trades away Buchnevich and send Kravtsov home,
just to trade for a forward a little later.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Braden Schneider fits a need for the Canucks but if we’re to trade Miller for Schneider it’s a clear sign of a retooling and we need also move Horvat. Canucks without Miller in the lineup is tank nation, he’s been our best player and the only one who shows up and plays with emotion.
Rangers are not trading Schneider and especially not for Miller who we traded because he was a locker room issue. Lundkvist is available, Schneider only for overpay

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Rangers are not trading Schneider and especially not for Miller who we traded because he was a locker room issue. Lundkvist is available, Schneider only for overpay

no thanks to Lundkvist, he just doesn’t do anything for us. It needs to work for us too, that’s Schneider.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I havent followed Braden Schneider much this season, how is he developing? Is he an untoucuable?
He fits the mold of what the Canucks needs. Big, Right Shot, Young Dman.
It would probably take someone like that to move Miller who is in his prime, point per game, making 5 mil for this year and next year.

but from NYR side, it would probably take Petterson to move Schneider
(NOT a proposal, just context re Schneider's position within NYR pipeline -
15 months ago, NYR traded up in 1st round, because Schneider was who they wanted so much)

I don't expect NYR deal to be so high-profile,
maybe more a guy like a Pearson, although NYR really looking more at RW or maybe C

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Have a pretty hard time seeing the Rangers trading a guy like Schneider for a player they already traded years ago because of his attitude / personality / dedication level. I'm sure JT Miller has matured and is producing well but I don't think that's something either party would want to re-visit.

I think the appetite for moving Schneider at all is pretty low unless it's a no-brainer kind of deal. Seems like the Rangers are grooming Jones/Schneider to take over as a pairing soon enough.
Producing? Yes

Matured? Not so much

Reactions: CLW and Trxjw

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
but from NYR side, it would probably take Petterson to move Schneider
(NOT a proposal, just context re Schneider's position within NYR pipeline -
15 months ago, NYR traded up in 1st round, because Schneider was who they wanted so much)

I don't expect NYR deal to be so high-profile,
maybe more a guy like a Pearson, although NYR really looking more at RW or maybe C
You can have Pearson for free.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
We'll give you Jeff Skinner for the cost of nothing! He's good this year! I promise!
even with retention Skinner is a tough pill to swallow
upload_2021-11-19_15-23-27.png

Reactions: egelband

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Tanner Pearson and Noah Juulsen for Kravstov and a 3rd round pick.

Works for both sides

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
I don't buy this Dreger BS a single second.

So we have a GM that trades away Buchnevich and send Kravtsov home,
just to trade for a forward a little later.
Buch was unfortunate but it was penny pinching earlier rather than later

and don't defend Kravtsov just because he scores flashy highlight reel goals on open KHL ice, the dude is a f***ing dolt and couldn't see through the grass. He still has value thankfully because idiot fans think he's going to be a savior because he's all flash.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Jake still looking bad? Thought he’d rebound this year. What’s the story with him.
3 goals and an assist through 13 games. Looks better than last year, but still isn't where he was a couple years ago. He hasn't had consistent linemates in a long time which may contribute, nobody on the B's current third line is producing. I think he's a player that would very much benefit from a change of scenery.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad