TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I havent followed Braden Schneider much this season, how is he developing? Is he an untoucuable?

He fits the mold of what the Canucks needs. Big, Right Shot, Young Dman.

It would probably take someone like that to move Miller who is in his prime, point per game, making 5 mil for this year and next year.
With Fox, Trouba, Lundvist the Rangers have a deep right side. Cap wise they would probably want to move Trouba but he is into his ufa years and has this year and the next 2 with a full nmc. Before it ros to a Mntc of 15 teams for the final 2 years.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I love kempe but idk if he fits the top 6 more bottom six
right now hes a good choice for top 6 however he does move down nicely to be a elite 3rd line piece Only reason I have him on the list i want to open space for Vilardi in top 6

Reactions: Guitpik

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Don't they have like a million of those already? I thought the issue was defensive depth and no 2C.
The Sammy Blias injury changed that. Ideally, they could call -up Barron and move Chytil to the wing if needed. Currently Goodrow is up with Kreider and Zibby, but that's not a real fit.

Reactions: bernmeister

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
right now hes a good choice for top 6 however he does move down nicely to be a elite 3rd line piece Only reason I have him on the list i want to open space for Vilardi in top 6

Now I think about it Kempe might flourish with his fellow Swede on the rangers top line.

I just would hope to keep intact laf-Chytil- Gaut line

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Can Ranger fans give some scouting and development updates on the following players:

1. Braden Schneider
2. Nils Lunqdvist

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Miller is exactly what they need right now and sadly enough Id prefer him longterm

I would do whatever the canucks wanted

Its tough because of the uncertainty of management.

If Benning still has the green light to make traded then I'm sure he will want roster players to help the team win now for JT Miller.

However, if a new GM comes in this week or next week and decides he wants to do a quick rebuild then I can see the Canucks trading for youngers players and draft picks like Schneider, Kravstov.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can Ranger fans give some scouting and development updates on the following players:

1. Braden Schneider
2. Nils Lunqdvist

#1 isn't on the table for a 2/3rd line winger. Regarding NYR/Vancouver scenario - Miller is much more than a 2nd/3rd line winger, but I don't think it makes sense to cough up what it would cost if they don't plan to use him as a 1st line weapon, or if they don't plan on signing him after next season for 7.5+ million/long term.

Scouting report
Big
Very good skater
Wins battles on the boards/front of the net
Big hits
Decent/good first pass out of the zone
*Probably will never put up a ton of points or QB a power for unit 1.

Nils Lundkvist
Good skater
Much Smaller and gets knocked around a little by forecheckers. Struggles when scrambling after rebounds, deflections, block shots, or attacking players cycling. (at least so far at the NHL level)
Gets shots through and can make nice outlet passes out of the zone

Reactions: egelband

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Its tough because of the uncertainty of management.

If Benning still has the green light to make traded then I'm sure he will want roster players to help the team win now for JT Miller.

However, if a new GM comes in this week or next week and decides he wants to do a quick rebuild then I can see the Canucks trading for youngers players and draft picks like Schneider, Kravstov.

if there’s a deal that works for the Canucks and Ranger around Miller for Schneider then it should be done. Schneider seems to be exactly what the Canucks are missing, we need a long term partner for Hughes. This season is already a write off, and likely next season as well. Canucks owners and GM just need to come clean and say this season is toast and this move is to help us get back on track, we shouldn’t be moving Miller for a vet and picks, that’s just dying a slow death doing a move like that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Seattle should be listening on Jankrok, Johansson and Donato. Donskoi could be another option but he has an extra year so would cost more. Picks and or prospects would work.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Toffoli for Kravtsov straight up

Something I would consider depending on what other teams offer us for Toffoli.

What type of middle 6F are the Rangers after? PP/Skill/Skating type or overall good game/gritty type?

Toffoli, Hoffman, Armia, come to my mind. Each of them having different price tags though. Armia might be available for cheap based on the start to this season

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
if there’s a deal that works for the Canucks and Ranger around Miller for Schneider then it should be done. Schneider seems to be exactly what the Canucks are missing, we need a long term partner for Hughes. This season is already a write off, and likely next season as well. Canucks owners and GM just need to come clean and say this season is toast and this move is to help us get back on track, we shouldn’t be moving Miller for a vet and picks, that’s just dying a slow death doing a move like that.
Canucks at this point are need to make up points because if they fall 10 points back and they are currently 6 out they are done.

not making that up.

At this point it’s a WC spot now.

Edmonton is riding McDrai.
Sutter has revitalized Calgary.
Vegas overall is hanging in there despite a tonne of injuries.

leave the 3 Cali teams and Seattle isn’t a PO team.
No one Essa Terry turning into a 1st liner.
LA I figured Danault would help take pressure of Kopitar who is producing at an insane level for his age. Always had the Offensive talent but heavy usage slowed him down.
SJ their high paid guys are playing well. No Kane in the room helping them.

not sure if the Cali teams can sustain but the Canucks don’t exactly have a history of turning it in until after the tdl.

If the Canucks continue to fall out they have to wave the white flag. They have win and chi up next with both teams having played in Edm the night before. If they can’t pick up wins against these teams they may very well be cooked at the 1/4 mark.

Edit:
Central I had Col and win as locks.
Stl and Dal most likely.
Nash, Min, chi would fight for a WC spot
AZ dead last in nhl.

so it’s a tough road to climb if the Canucks don’t pick it up.

Last edited:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Go right past Miller, and inquire about Horvat....

Krav, Lundqvist, 1st? I'm sure Canucks fans will want more, but I'm trying to set the foundation

that does nothing for Vancouver… we already have OEL and Hughes with Rathbone ready, we don’t have a need for Lundqvist at all. Schneider is a piece the Canucks would need coming back

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What about a package of Hoffman and Armia? Hoffman as the skilled/skating/PP guy and Armia as the strong puck protection body down low.

Not sure what I would ask for in return. Kravtsov and 2nd with a 1/2 year cap dump coming the other way?

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
that does nothing for Vancouver… we already have OEL and Hughes with Rathbone ready, we don’t have a need for Lundqvist at all. Schneider is a piece the Canucks would need coming back
thanks for some clarity...

Obviously, I'm not wanting to give up Schneider.....Zac Jones is another fine prospect that plays the left side.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
thanks for some clarity...

Obviously, I'm not wanting to give up Schneider.....Zac Jones is another fine prospect that plays the left side.

need right side not left, Hughes and OEL are on our left side. If Schneider isn’t available I don’t see a fit here, Horvat and Miller are our top players we can’t move them for pieces that don’t help us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad