Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Time to break up the Stepan line. It was good but that was a stretch against definitively bad teams. Those three hasn't dominated as a line in the last bit of play. Those three together isn't what's making things happen on that line, anyway. Put Stepan back with Nash and go from there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Doesn't come into play if:

1.) Boston gets called for too many men;

2.) Staal doesn't do that boneheaded pass.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

I don't give a flying **** what events transpired before. Hank's family could have been abducted by the CIA with black bags in front of his own eyes before that shot was launched and it still would have been a bad goal. The shot was in the center of the net and bounced off his damn chest and into the goal.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Our division was a lot better last year. Our division being terrible is the only reason we are even close to a playoff spot right now. This is not a good team.

The only other team I could see being argued as better is the 11-12 team. Not like we were all that special with Torts the years prior to 11-12. We missed the playoffs in 09-10 so I'd say that would be the worst team. Maybe see how the rest of the season plays out before declaring it the worst team in years.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Blaming Hank for this loss is irrational. He let in one bad goal that decided the game but he made a ton of great saves early on. We were just pushed around by a bigger, stronger team. The finesse was not there, either. Too many bad decisions with the puck.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
It's not a bad team. But it is a really frigging stupid team. Some of the stuff they do in the offensive zone just leaves scratching my head.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I'm not trying to say Lundqvist is looking bad. He's just not lucky. It seems like every time he's in net there's a goal deflecting off of one of his D man--today it was G, another game it was Stralman.
The team seems to play a tighter more put together game with Talbot in net. I don't get it, but this is the way it seems to me. The D sucks playing in front of Hank.

They bank too much on Hank bailing them out. The players get too comfortable with Hank in net. The team tries harder when Cam is in net.. It's subconscious I'd assume.

Just look at the fans: We're slamming Hank, calling him mediocre when he's posting up a 92% save percentage despite a miserable start, we're calling it his worst season etc. That says everything really. We're so spoilt with him so that we, and his fellow teammates, are shocked when he doesn't bail us out every night.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I'm not trying to say Lundqvist is looking bad. He's just not lucky. It seems like every time he's in net there's a goal deflecting off of one of his D man--today it was G, another game it was Stralman.
The team seems to play a tighter more put together game with Talbot in net. I don't get it, but this is the way it seems to me. The D sucks playing in front of Hank.

Couldn't agree more. Team is always shaky in front of Lundqvist. When Talbot plays, it's a different team out there.

No doubt in my mind Talbot starts tomorrow, and we out shoot Vancouver 35-20, and win the game 2-1 while giving up limited chances.

The team needs a more consistent effort. I don't think it's because they try to play a more sound defensive game in front of Talbot, because it wouldn't make sense not to give it 100% every game, I just think the team actually is that wildly inconsistent.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
At the end of the day they just aren't talented enough to play the type of game they are trying to play, consistently.

I disagree. What I saw was a team that didn't put in 50% of the effort to play some semblance of decent hockey. That last PP, their offense with the extra man, just putrid and horrid.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Honestly, he's looked tired and depressed since the season has started. The Rangers play seems to be literally killing the poor guy.

Stop it. Just stop. Henrik hasn't been good this season either. He deserves blame too.

NYR510

Apr 7, 2009
We had 4 SOG in the 3rd. Bruins had more than double that, and simply just had the puck way more. I don't understand how people are blaming Hank when the team in front of him did absolutely NOTHING offensively for the final 40 minutes of the game. Hank is not the reason we lost.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's not a bad team. But it is a really frigging stupid team. Some of the stuff they do in the offensive zone just leaves scratching my head.

This. So, so, so much ****ing this. This team is borderline Pejorative Slured.

Add another goalscorer in and it solves a lot of problems. They'd still be Pejorative Slured, but they'd put pucks in the net.

Blaming Hank for this loss is irrational. He let in one bad goal that decided the game but he made a ton of great saves early on. We were just pushed around by a bigger, stronger team. The finesse was not there, either. Too many bad decisions with the puck.

Who is blaming him for the loss?

RangersHank*

If you really think this team "sucks," then it's obvious you weren't watching it in the dark ages.

It's a mediocre squad that is a playoff team but needs a second goalscorer on the squad like cancer needs a cure.

Dont tell me what i did, thanks.

What goal scorer?

Championship*

mediocre = bad. I'd rather be horrendous then mediocre. At least theres a reward at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad