Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I think we should fire a coach or two. I think this is a case of too many chefs spoil the broth.

eh, its not so much a coaching issue but as it is a player/personnel issue at this point. There are too many patchwork and passengers on this team. Too many guys content making a safe play than a dynamic one.

You have too much hold over from the Torts mindset. I think this team needs to start purging those guys from the team.

Championship*

Make it now 1-12 when they don't score the 1st goal. Doesn't matter that they had the lead. They don't score first - They lose.

.500 again, the very essence of mediocrity - when does this stop?
Lundqvist is 8-11 on the season - gross
The Rangers' first regulation loss when leading after 2 periods in 95 games - that's gone now

Thank god we beat that powerhouse panthers team.

Rangers are pathetic. Overhaul.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Annnnnd back to .500.

Way to get owned in the 3rd period and not even get a point out of it. The Rangers used to match up well a against the Bruins but not anymore.

Girardi and Cally have been horrible, do they realize they are in contract years? Hagelin is a total non-factor after a hot start. Stepan and Richards are just there for the ride. So many players need to take their heads out of their *****.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Callahan shouldn't touch the puck on the PP unless it's for a deflection.

Hank should stop the 3rd goal.

Bad luck for Girardi on goal 2.

Nash had a great move for goal 1.

It's luck when it happens once or twice. Girardi scores on his own net every other game.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
The players who have been labeled our "leaders" have been terrible. Callahan, Richards, Girardi, Staal, Lundqvist...Stepan was also invisible.

Only players who stood out positively today were Nash and McDonagh.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Lost to a better team. Get players who can score. Profit.

My biggest problem with the game is we could have had three or four goals, EASILY, in this game.

Instead, we score 2 goals on 9 shots in the first period, and sat back. Registering, what... another 10-11 shots in the final two periods? And no legitimate scoring chances worth mentioning?

The opposition goaltender was shaky, and we couldn't take advantage of it. There was no killer instinct. After those two goals, the team should have went in for the kill, put pucks on net, and challenge the goalie.

I just couldn't believe how laid back the team became going up 1 GOAL. That was a Tortorella game. No offensive instinct. Not going in for the kill.

The better team won. And AV seriously needs to give thought into why he team put in zero effort in the second two periods.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Girardi for the Norris. He leads the league in scoring for defenseman.

Anyways, stoppable goal on the Chara shot but when your team gets dominated for two periods it's hard to say you deserved better. Just a disappointing effort.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Make it now 1-12 when they don't score the 1st goal. Doesn't matter that they had the lead. They don't score first - They lose.

.500 again, the very essence of mediocrity - when does this stop?
Lundqvist is 8-11 on the season - gross
The Rangers' first regulation loss when leading after 2 periods in 95 games - that's gone now

Thank god we beat that powerhouse panthers team.

Rangers are pathetic. Overhaul.

That is the worst part.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
I hate how the team doesn't put much pressure on the points.. Especially when you have a goaltender like Hank who plays so deep in his net, those uncontested shots, be it a hard slapper or soft writers become dangerous..

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
LOL.

Top 6 (top 9?) was just pathetic outside of Nash who played a pretty strong game and had some god chances.

D was woeful outside of McD (Stralman was ok).

PP was just a joke, 3 without a single shot? Unacceptable.

Lundqvist was good but needs to stop that Chara shot. As someone said in the GDT, it wasn't a soft goal but I'd like Henrik Lundqvist to stop those.

They'd better bring the fire against the Nucks because that was woeful today

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
this PGT is more pathetic than the game. Torts talk? overhaul? shut the **** up.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Good: Nash scoring, McDonagh looking like his offense is developing, Hank for 48 minutes or so

Bad: Every player on the entire team after the first player. Nothing pisses me off more than complacency.

Pyatt: Pyatt, Callahan, Girardi, Lundqvist on the 3rd goal, and Julien's incessant whining.

In fact, Lundqvist's 3rd goal was so bad that I almost feel like it deserves it's own section of something lower than Pyatt. I didn't think that was possible, quite frankly.

The lack of scoring pisses me off. But I can tolerate it when the team plays hard. I can't tolerate it when the team just decides the game is over and ****ing sleepwalks through the last two periods. They played 20 minutes of hockey today and 40 minutes of ********. I guess Hank decided that he just didn't care anymore at the end and joined the other idiots in getting complacent. This was a team loss, through and through, if I ever saw one. One of the more embarrassing losses you'll see, IMHO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad