LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I don't feel like Kravtsov is the prospect MTL is interested in. There is a significant need in MTL for RD in the NHL and in the pipeline, Rangers have a bit of a logjam at that position. Cs are another spot where MTL needs guys in the pipeline, but I'm not sure NYR has anything interesting there.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This has nothing to do with the Canadians, it's the Rangers that are linked.

Bolded: That is literally the pair that the Rangers need to fill so that's even more evidence there.

Is Chiarot not on the Canadiens? If the source is from the Canadiens, would they not know who they're talking to? How on earth does it have nothing to do with the Canadiens?

That's not evidence, that's speculation. How can you go on and on about how no one knows what the Rangers front office is thinking and then turn around and say, here's evidence that they aren't interested?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Neither of those 2 are worth a 1st

According to the information we have available from insiders, Chiarot is definitely worth a late 1st and Lehkonen is also in that range. According to trades in previous years with roughly equivalent players, they're both worth 1sts.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
The Rangers do not want and do not need Chiarot. Lehkonen works perfectly fine though. That is the target that has been talked about for a while.
They dont need Chariot. Jones-Schneider handled 3rd pair beautifully last night and they have Nemeth as a capable 7th D with Robertson playing well in the AHL.

They do as per Friedman...unless you have better sources than him?

How is Chiarot's mobility?

Excellent skater and edge work for his size, most recent playoffs showed this. He's built for a slower tempo since he's a stay at home defenseman however, so playoff hockey fits his style.

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
Do you know why they fired Bobrov? Apparently the Habs are in talks with him now…
Pretty sure it was because he was Gorton's go to guy around draft time, makes sense he would be looking to bring him on board. Also, our European picks the last few years I guess you can say were decent/bad. Missed badly on a 2 early round picks (Lias and Lindbom) and haven't really had a huge break out hit.

Reactions: Doc5

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
How is Chiarot's mobility?

He's definitely more mobile than Savard. He's a stay at home type, but he's an ok skater for his size and frame.

Teams that are interested in him are probably interested in his ability to eat minutes and impose himself physically around the net come playoff time.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
According to the information we have available from insiders, Chiarot is definitely worth a late 1st and Lehkonen is also in that range. According to trades in previous years with roughly equivalent players, they're both worth 1sts.
The insiders are nothing but shills looking for clicks.
I wouldn’t take anything they say, to seriously.

I’m a Jets fan and I remember Chiarot… he’s not worth a 1st

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think the Rangers should mostly stand pat. Use the playoffs as an evaluation process and make roster moves in the off-season when the cost is cheaper and cap space is plentiful. Chiarot or Lehkonen aren't going to be the difference between winning and losing a cup. The assets used to acquire them though could instead go towards a Strome upgrade.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Is Chiarot not on the Canadiens? If the source is from the Canadiens, would they not know who they're talking to? How on earth does it have nothing to do with the Canadiens?

That's not evidence, that's speculation. How can you go on and on about how no one knows what the Rangers front office is thinking and then turn around and say, here's evidence that they aren't interested?
It's evidence because it makes no sense, which leads me right back around again to my point - Rumor Mongers love putting the Rangers name on things so more people pay attention.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think the Rangers should mostly stand pat. Use the playoffs as an evaluation process and make roster moves in the off-season when the cost is cheaper and cap space is plentiful. Chiarot or Lehkonen aren't going to be the difference between winning and losing a cup. The assets used to acquire them though could instead go towards a Strome upgrade.
Amen to this!

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
He's definitely more mobile than Savard. He's a stay at home type, but he's an ok skater for his size and frame.

Teams that are interested in him are probably interested in his ability to eat minutes and impose himself physically around the net come playoff time.
Honestly, until some more of the NYR's best prospects are ready, Othmann, Berard, etc., it is probably the best for NYR to beef up in front of Igor defensively and make sure they are incredibly detailed in that aspect. That's important come playoff time.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Do you know why they fired Bobrov? Apparently the Habs are in talks with him now…

Bobrov was fired because he filled crazy ideas into Kravtsov's head about being NHL ready. Bobrov is Gorton's friend. He was with Gorton in Boston and NY. Kravtsov thought he was going from the KHL to playing in the top 6 in The NHL. The Rangers sent him to the AHL. Kravtsov pouted and immediately exercised an escape clause in his contract. Kravtsov played in the KHL during the pandemic. He returned to the Rangers after his KHL season was over last season. Kravtsov was unhappy about his icetime. Bobrov was the first guy Drury fired. He didn't fire that many guys. Kravstov is Bobrov's boy. Bobrov told him he was NHL ready.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Again, the source probably isn't from New York.

And Friedman very clearly differentiates between what he's speculating vs what he's hearing. And he's not one to BS rumours.

Teams have lots of discussions with other teams about potential deals. A fraction of them actually get done. Teams like to have contingency plans in case they need a replacement due to injuries or if they want to make another trade (like for Miller for example) that ships a current roster player to Vancouver creating a vacancy that needs to be filled.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
It's evidence because it makes no sense, which leads me right back around again to my point - Rumor Mongers love putting the Rangers name on things so more people pay attention.

...that's not what evidence is though. You're discounting the possiblity of something being possible that you admit you couldn't actually know (since nothing leaks from the front office) and de-legitimizing everything and everyone that doesn't support what is simply your personal speculation.

I get as a fan of the Rangers not wanting Chiarot. But your argument is internally inconsistent.

If nothing leaks from the Rangers, then it is simply your belief, simply as a fan, that the Rangers don't need Chiarot and you cannot speak to want.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Bobrov was fired because he filled crazy ideas into Kravtsov's head about being NHL ready. Bobrov is Gorton's friend. He was with Gorton in Boston and NY. Kravtsov thought he was going from the KHL to playing in the top 6 in The NHL. The Rangers sent him to the AHL. Kravtsov pouted and immediately exercised an escape clause in his contract. Kravtsov played in the KHL during the pandemic. He returned to the Rangers after his KHL season was over last season. Kravtsov was unhappy about his icetime. Bobrov was the first guy Drury fired. He didn't fire that many guys. Kravstov is Bobrov's boy. Bobrov told him he was NHL ready.
Thanks for that back ground info, from what I gather, not a fan of The Habs hiring him.

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad