LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I could see Byron being of interest. We'd likely have to retain or eat some salary to make it work for the Rangers but outside of the obvious trade bait, he just sticks out as someone teams may be interested in to shore up their bottom six. Don't know the Rangers well enough to say if it's a fit though.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
What is the Rangers fans take on Brennan Othmann?
Not being traded unless it's for a significant player. He also isn't one of Gorton's guys so not sure he'd be one of the ones he's targeting. Probably Nils, Krav, Jones, Robertson, Cuylle, Berard - guys he drafted.

Reactions: Jabba11

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I mean I would hate that deal, but Drury is not exactly known as a shrewd negotiator
If I was a Rangers fan I wold be hesitant to give up that much too but with so much young talent at the wings and D, Kravstov and that 1st are easily expendable to try and go on a run/gain playoff experience for Fox, Shesterkin and Co.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
The only player on the Canadiens that I would trade Othmann for is Suzuki and I'd probably want someone with some upside (like Caulfield) coming back in a deal as well.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Would something around Chiraot + Lehkonen for Kravstov + 2022 1st + cap (Nemeth) make sense?

I really don't like it from a Habs perspective TBH. Don't want anything to do with Nemeth's contract, Kravstov is a huge gamble because if he has another tantrum you basically lose him for nothing. The 1st is good, but it doesn't sound like Montreal wants that.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Really don't want Chiarot, he's going to cost too much and will force Jones to the press box or AHL. Lehkonen would be great, and Kulak would be fine although he might play over Jones too but at least he'd be cheaper. Perreault would be an upgrade on McKegg so I'd take him back for some forward depth if he's healthy enough to play.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I think Montreal has some serviceable pieces for the Rangers to make a deep run. Arturri Lehkonen was invaluable for us last year's run as well as Ben Chiarot. I think they'll find something that will work and benefit both organizations.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

HFNYR was really into trying to trade for him this summer. He checks a ton of boxes off for what the roster needs. Long term deal on the cheap, can reliably be a 2C/3C, especially with the higher end talent on the roster. Strome is a UFA, so he could be the guy to fill that spot with essentially the same salary.

They're 1st would definitely be on the table, Kravtsov would as well. Pretty much matches what the Habs gave up for him. Carolina's 1st will be late, so will the Rangers, possibly earlier than the Canes. Kravtsov likely has similar value to that of a 2nd rounder at this point.

Dvorak for 2022 NYR 1st + Kravtsov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad