LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Our own beat writers don't even have sources in there any more. Friedman has a lot of sources but he speculates a lot more than he actually calls things these days.

Again, the source probably isn't from New York.

And Friedman very clearly differentiates between what he's speculating vs what he's hearing. And he's not one to BS rumours.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Again, the source probably isn't from New York.

And Friedman very clearly differentiates between what he's speculating vs what he's hearing. And he's not one to BS rumours.
All I've seen so far is the Rangers name thrown in with a bunch of other teams. The Rangers name gets thrown into nearly every available player out there. That's not anything new. Friedman loves to do "I think" and "This makes sense" type of statements. He's good, but he's no Bob McKenzie.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'll take Josh Anderson

Anderson is a luxury we can't afford, on top of not being very productive recently. He would probably be better on the Rangers, but we don't need to be spending 5.5 mil on another winger for the next 5 years.

What is the Rangers fans take on Brennan Othmann?

He's not available.

I could see Byron being of interest. We'd likely have to retain or eat some salary to make it work for the Rangers but outside of the obvious trade bait, he just sticks out as someone teams may be interested in to shore up their bottom six. Don't know the Rangers well enough to say if it's a fit though.

No interest In Byron with the extra year on his contract.

Dvorak could be a possibility. A center with a cheap contract, he might thrive playing with Panarin.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
All I've seen so far is the Rangers name thrown in with a bunch of other teams. The Rangers name gets thrown into nearly every available player out there. That's not anything new. Friedman loves to do "I think" and "This makes sense" type of statements. He's good, but he's no Bob McKenzie.

This wasn't a "I think" or "This makes sense" type of comment. It was "I'm hearing". Dreger and LeBrun speculated it too. Staples has cited "reports".

I'm not sure what you're trying argue here? We don't know how serious interest may be, but there's way too much smoke to suggest that nobody actually knows whats going on and there's actually no interest.

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
One of the first things Drury did as GM was fire the director of European scouting, Nick Bobrov. If I had to guess, it's possible Gorton held/still holds a higher opinion of guys like Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Henriksson, Pajuniemi then Drury ever has. On top of that, Gorton had been slowly giving Bobrov more influence over the draft suggesting he was happy with his picks.

As for Othmann, he was Drurys first pick as Rangers GM, I doubt he is in a hurry to move him. Especially because it looking like a smart pick.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
This wasn't a "I think" or "This makes sense" type of comment. It was "I'm hearing". Dreger and LeBrun speculated it too. Staples has cited "reports".

I'm not sure what you're trying argue here? We don't know how serious interest may be, but there's way too much smoke to suggest that nobody actually knows whats going on and there's actually no interest.
Yeah they all heard a bunch of teams names, which always happens to include the Rangers, because they know that draws views. We are linked to nearly everyone. Staple doesn't have any sources inside the Rangers organization and neither does Larry Brooks anymore. And what does "I'm hearing" even mean - not much different from speculation anyway.

The Rangers have zero need for Ben Chariot, especially not after the Jones-Schneider pairing played last night.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Hate to break it to you, but it sounds like their source is Jeff Gorton.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
It’s commonly known the Rangers are buying, so the shills will tie their name to every available player in search of clicks.
Plus the more shit they throw against the wall, the more likely something will stick, and they can say…”see, I told you”, afterwards

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
That’s not a good trade for the Rangers.

It's a worse trade for MTL value-wise. An extra two years on a cap dump who has nowhere to play in MTL, a 22yo wing prospect on the outs with his team and no longer trending like a 1st round pick, and a 1st.... for two guys MTL could each individually get 1st+/2x2nds or rough equivalent for. If you don't like it for meeting NYR's needs, we should scrap that framework because the value is bad for MTL.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
It’s commonly known the Rangers are buying, so the shills will tie their name to every available player in search of clicks.
Plus the more shit they throw against the wall, the more likely something will stick, and they can say…”see, I told you”, afterwards
Exactly. And the Rangers are always making moves so their name pops up everywhere.

I have zero doubt Gorton wants some of the guys he drafted back, but the Rangers interest in giving those players up is another story all together.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I don't mean this with any disrespect but a 1st for Chiarot is already a lot. He's a bottom-pair defender. Lehkonen for Kravtsov and a 4th isn't enough? It seems off to me.

Savard got a 1st and a 3rd last year. Chiarot is better so I would want a bit more. Especially since its widely reported that as many as 10-12 teams are interested. Bidding war time....

Oh and he isn't a bottom pair guy.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Yeah they all heard a bunch of teams names, which always happens to include the Rangers, because they know that draws views. We are linked to nearly everyone. Staple doesn't have any sources inside the Rangers organization and neither does Larry Brooks anymore. And what does "I'm hearing" even mean - not much different from speculation anyway.

The Rangers have zero need for Ben Chariot, especially not after the Jones-Schneider pairing played last night.

The Canadiens don't need any help drawing views. Like at all. And I'll keep repeating it, the reports probably aren't coming from New York, since they're not the ones with incentive to leak it.

I don't think the Rangers need Chiarot either. They also didn't need to pay Goodrow or trade Buchnevich for a 2nd and Blais. Lets not pretend that every front office makes moves that are puzzling to people on the outside.

And I'm not sure what Jones or Schnieder has to do with anything (especially after literally one game against Boston without Marchand and Bergeron), but Chiarot isn't going to be acquired by a team looking to just fill its 3rd pair.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
One of the first things Drury did as GM was fire the director of European scouting, Nick Bobrov. If I had to guess, it's possible Gorton held/still holds a higher opinion of guys like Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Henriksson, Pajuniemi then Drury ever has. On top of that, Gorton had been slowly giving Bobrov more influence over the draft suggesting he was happy with his picks.

As for Othmann, he was Drurys first pick as Rangers GM, I doubt he is in a hurry to move him. Especially because it looking like a smart pick.
Do you know why they fired Bobrov? Apparently the Habs are in talks with him now…

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
It's a worse trade for MTL value-wise. An extra two years on a cap dump who has nowhere to play in MTL, a 22yo wing prospect on the outs with his team and no longer trending like a 1st round pick, and a 1st.... for two guys MTL could each individually get 1st+/2x2nds or rough equivalent for. If you don't like it for meeting NYR's needs, we should scrap that framework because the value is bad for MTL.
Neither of those 2 are worth a 1st

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The Canadiens don't need any help drawing views. Like at all. And I'll keep repeating it, the reports probably aren't coming from New York, since they're not the ones with incentive to leak it.

I don't think the Rangers need Chiarot either. They also didn't need to pay Goodrow or trade Buchnevich for a 2nd and Blais. Lets not pretend that every front office makes moves that are puzzling to people on the outside.

And I'm not sure what Jones or Schnieder has to do with anything (especially after literally one game against Boston without Marchand and Bergeron), but Chiarot isn't going to be acquired by a team looking to just fill its 3rd pair.
This has nothing to do with the Canadians, it's the Rangers that are linked.

Bolded: That is literally the pair that the Rangers need to fill so that's even more evidence there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad