LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
What does that have to do with anything? They reported interest, not a trade.
It has to do with everything. Rumor mongers are just that. The time of Bobby Mack is long gone. These guys throw shit all over the place and hope it sticks and the Rangers are an extremely popular name to throw into everything. It also goes back to my initial point that the Rangers FO has been incredibly secretive since Gorton showed up and even more so under Drury. Slats used to talk to Larry and other guys all the time. That's no longer happening.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sure buttercup. I'll trust Friedman and other insiders a hell of a lot more than you or that other guy. People say so and so will not be traded or such and such a team will not be adding a certain player and then it happens.

You act like this doesn’t happen with insiders as well

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It has to do with everything. Rumor mongers are just that. The time of Bobby Mack is long gone. These guys throw shit all over the place and hope it sticks and the Rangers are an extremely popular name to throw into everything. It also goes back to my initial point that the Rangers FO has been incredibly secretive since Gorton showed up and even more so under Drury. Slats used to talk to Larry and other guys all the time. That's no longer happening.

Even if that was the case (and I do not know why this needs to keep being repeated since you're obviously not reading it, the leak is probably coming from Montreal, who has been strategically leaking stuff for months now), it logically means that you don't know what the Rangers will do either. Anything you say is just personal opinion that can't be substantiated.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I suspect they're talking about a lot of things, and I hope they're talking about Dvorak.
I mean, they could talk about Chiarot and Lehkonen and Kulak. But I hope they're talking about Dvorak.

And that would also give a purpose to Pitlick.
I hope the Rangers stay far away from Dvorak. Locking up another mediocre forward for too long at too much money is not what they need.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Even if that was the case (and I do not know why this needs to keep being repeated since you're obviously not reading it, the leak is probably coming from Montreal, who has been strategically leaking stuff for months now), it logically means that you don't know what the Rangers will do either. Anything you say is just personal opinion that can't be substantiated.
Right - so when something is reported, it's most likely just horseshit being thrown around for clicks and the thing they actually end up doing will be something completely different alltogether.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Right - so when something is reported, it's most likely just horseshit being thrown around for clicks and the thing they actually end up doing will be something completely different alltogether.

If the former is true (its not), you could not infer the latter from the former. Saying the latter is inferred from the former implies the former is not just horseshit, but intentionally incorrect.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
...I know? When leaks of interest in rental players happen its almost always from the selling team or a player agent.

Getting closer.... why do they do that? To increase their value. Of course they are going to link the Rangers. The amount of young assets that the organization has is being used to increase value. Every New York team is linked to free agents and trades as a way to ramp up the value coming back in return. It's a trick that Gorton was on the other end of at one point and knows how this works.

You know who else is linked to Chiarot? The Maple Leafs. Why? Well, you know why. Same tactic is used with the Leafs and the Rangers.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
HFNYR was really into trying to trade for him this summer. He checks a ton of boxes off for what the roster needs. Long term deal on the cheap, can reliably be a 2C/3C, especially with the higher end talent on the roster. Strome is a UFA, so he could be the guy to fill that spot with essentially the same salary.

They're 1st would definitely be on the table, Kravtsov would as well. Pretty much matches what the Habs gave up for him. Carolina's 1st will be late, so will the Rangers, possibly earlier than the Canes. Kravtsov likely has similar value to that of a 2nd rounder at this point.

Dvorak for 2022 NYR 1st + Kravtsov

I would do it, I think Dvorak is still in the plans for Montreal but this helps ease the Bergevin fiasco, and let's Hughes and co start fresh.

Not sure NYR would be willing to give up that much for him either, and gawd Montreal is looking like a 10 win team again next year

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Getting closer.... why do they do that? To increase their value. Of course they are going to link the Rangers. The amount of young assets that the organization has is being used to increase value. Every New York team is linked to free agents and trades as a way to ramp up the value coming back in return. It's a trick that Gorton was on the other end of at one point and knows how this works.

You know who else is linked to Chiarot? The Maple Leafs. Why? Well, you know why. Same tactic is used with the Leafs and the Rangers.

That's fine. Its also not something you just make up to drum up interest. If that's the source, then its pretty likely the Rangers (and Leafs) reached out.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Have you seen Chiarot in the playoff? He has made big improvement with the Habs. Chiarot (Jets version) may not worth a 1st but Chiarot (Habs version) definately worth a 1st.

He might get a 1st because GM's are silly, but this idea that he's someone a much different player than he was in Winnipeg isn't accurate.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Do you know why they fired Bobrov? Apparently the Habs are in talks with him now…
I mean what Europeans that they have drafted have panned out? He filled their heads with lofty expectations and projected lines where they'd play and for example, neither Kravstov and Andersson wanted to work for it. Chytil, for all the hell he gets, he's out there making the most of his opportunity and battling. He even went to Hartford. I don't know, Bobrov is a nice guy (met him), but there's a reason he's only worked with Gorton or his father.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

That's true for hacks like Eklund but not credible reporters who actually talk to people around the league. Calgary's interest in Toffoli was reported days before the trade was made for example. That doesn't guarantee a trade between Montreal and the Rangers will happen.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Would something around Chiraot + Lehkonen for Kravstov + 2022 1st + cap (Nemeth) make sense?
Change Kravtsov to Lundkvist and we have a deal.

EDIT: I noticed Nemeth is still signed for two years at $2,5M. This is a problem. The Hans can retain 50% on Chiarot, but we really don't need Nemeth's contact.

Last edited:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
That's true for hacks like Eklund but not credible reporters who actually talk to people around the league. Calgary's interest in Toffoli was reported days before the trade was made for example. That doesn't guarantee a trade between Montreal and the Rangers will happen.
Great, that's Calgary. I don't know how their organization is run. What was the last big hit that a Canadian reporter got right about the Rangers.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I would do it, I think Dvorak is still in the plans for Montreal but this helps ease the Bergevin fiasco, and let's Hughes and co start fresh.

Not sure NYR would be willing to give up that much for him either, and gawd Montreal is looking like a 10 win team again next year

I can see why they do it and why they don't do a move like that because of the bold. You don't want to be completely devoid for many years, but if there is no non-rental leaving Montreal, the team has next to no cap room next year. On top of that, if the thought is that they don't have a shot at competing, will they want to spend as much as they are. Gotta cut costs. Dvorak would be like dealing Tofolli, good term, good player, contenders will pay for that.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Our own beat writers don't even have sources in there any more. Friedman has a lot of sources but he speculates a lot more than he actually calls things these days.

Agents are generally seen as the biggest sources for leaks. There's also more than one team in the league. This whole 'Our office is tight with leaks' is nothing more than a crock of shit every fanbase uses when they're not happy about what's being reported.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Is there a player on MTL that is deserving of a return like that?
Chiarot + Lehkonen, maybe Dvorak. Who knows.
I like him as a prospect, but he's just a very good junior player for now. He's not on Owen Power or Mactavish tier.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Should be something around Lehkonen for Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Jones (one of the three, not all at once)

MTL dont have the players to make NY talk about Schneider or Othmann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad