Confirmed with Link: Rangers Acquire Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and 20th Overall Pick - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I doubt Gorton would have made this deal if there was no chance of Trouba signing with us ...

the only reason i disagree here, is that there is maybe no downside -
even if Trouba does the RFA 1-year deal, and NYR think he wont extend w NYR,
near/at '20 TDL, they flip him as a rental, and get back this cost at least....

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Here's my question. If teams weren't allowed to talk with Trouba how would they know if he was/was not interested in going there? Winnipeg controlled his rights, so they could have sent him wherever they wanted. Obviously the Rangers deal had to be the best offer on the table.

the rangers definitely wouldn't have asked brady skjei if his buddy was interested in playing in ny cause that would be against the rules

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I understand where you're coming from, but one of the two hasn't even played an NHL minute. I hope your right with every ounce of my being, but Panarin is proven...If what you're saying were to come to fruition, I wouldn't mind being in that position TBH...not a bad problem to have... :)
If this whole thing is going to work it’s going to be on some of these guys panning out. Kakko or Hughes are going to be the best prospect at the time of the draft the Rangers have ever had

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
You also have to remember Hank's contract will be up (as will a few others), going to have a few extra pennies for folks aka K.K or Hughes by that time..
There’s also going to be other guys to pay too, a theme that keeps showing up in the post season is the top heavy teams aren’t winning

Reactions: jas

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Here's my question. If teams weren't allowed to talk with Trouba how would they know if he was/was not interested in going there? Winnipeg controlled his rights, so they could have sent him wherever they wanted. Obviously the Rangers deal had to be the best offer on the table.

Pretty sure you answered your own question in the quote... Rangers are one of the two teams, and that's what they offered. There's no doubt better offers were out there... impossible to think otherwise.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Rangers deal was the best on the table (in Winnipeg's eyes at least), because other teams probably had the sense that if they were trading for Trouba, it was a one and done situation.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you put two legitimate public statements together - the one about other teams offering more to Jets and Chevy's refusal to let teams to talk to Trouba about extension - the one logical answer staring you in the face is that Trouba only wanted to be here and not anywhere else. IMHO this is as close to a guarantee that Trouba will be signed here long term.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This article says the Pens had a better offer on the table but Trouba and his camp told the Pens and a couple other teams that he would only sign an RFA deal with the Rangers, and if traded elsewhere he'd wait until the RFA deadline in December before signing.

Penguins were not alone in making a superior offer for Trouba than the Rangers & More Buzz

I don't know how legitimate that site is. Posted from the Winnipeg board which has a screenshot of the whole article in this thread:

Chevy cleared according to Pens insider

Reactions: ponytrekker

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Big shoes to fill.
iu

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This article says the Pens had a better offer on the table but Trouba and his camp told the Pens and a couple other teams that he would only sign an RFA deal with the Rangers, and if traded elsewhere he'd wait until the RFA deadline in December before signing.

Penguins were not alone in making a superior offer for Trouba than the Rangers & More Buzz

I don't know how legitimate that site is. Posted from the Winnipeg board which has a screenshot of the whole article in this thread:

Chevy cleared according to Pens insider

What higher end player who doesn't eat a ton of cap space do they have?

I'm calling bullshit on this article.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
All hail Gorton, the king of the metro . I am so turned on by this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad