OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just admit that you didn't have any better options at short stop and now you don't have any better options at center because you suck at building a team.

I don't think there was anyone thought in the organization for Cruz moving out of SS in the off-season, though. Not only was it undetermined for how well he could defend at the MLB level at SS, but he was also coming off a major ankle injury that would have made learning a new position even more challenging.

I think they just got to the point where they decided a 26 year old Cruz wasn't going to get to the level they wanted defensively at SS, so they're shuffling him around to see where he fits if not SS. It's probably not going to be CF either, but they'll just have to keep trying until they find a fit. My bet: he either settles in at LF or 1B.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Tatis is doing fine in the OF since they are going to extend him might as-well find a defensive placement for him your comfortable with

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I don't know if Cruz can play SS long term but God this was handled amateurishly and as badly as it could be handled. How do you just announce this without having given him some reps out there to see how it goes? You basically turn IKF from a plus fielder into a minus fielder by making him the primary SS, a position that he's not really suited to play. Cruz is pissed about it, something that happens but also isn't great when your supposed future star feels jerked around. Amateur hour all around.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I don't know if Cruz can play SS long term but God this was handled amateurishly and as badly as it could be handled. How do you just announce this without having given him some reps out there to see how it goes? You basically turn IKF from a plus fielder into a minus fielder by making him the primary SS, a position that he's not really suited to play. Cruz is pissed about it, something that happens but also isn't great when your supposed future star feels jerked around. Amateur hour all around.
He can't be worse than Bae.

Keller is just as responsible for the Pirates falling out of contention as anyone.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Nice to see Mitch Keller is back to his usual lackluster self after his rare monthly good start. The Bucco's are doomed if this fraudulent bum is their second starter next season.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1724718760508.gif

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like how German had 1 nice game where I thought "damn maybe he can be useful", only for him to completely eat shit and wipe out today :laugh:

This team is content with being mediocre so nothing is going to change, but man they simply need to replace Shelton at absolute minimum.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
So the Pirates are on pace to have the exact same record as last season despite Skenes, Jones, and a healthy Cruz in 2024. Just running this crap back again in 2025 with Cherington and Shelton and adding 2-3 bargain basement FA's is going to make it really hard to be enthusiastic for next season.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
So the Pirates are on pace to have the exact same record as last season despite Skenes, Jones, and a healthy Cruz in 2024. Just running this crap back again in 2025 with Cherington and Shelton and adding 2-3 bargain basement FA's is going to make it really hard to be enthusiastic for next season.
At some point Cherington and Shelton are going to need to produce some actual results. As an organization the Pirates are devoid of hitters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad