OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's been eons since Cruz or Reynolds has hit a homer, but the team has stabilized regardless. Nice.

After some rough losses against tough competition, Luis Ortiz is proving that his rebound season is no fluke. He belongs in our starting rotation in 2025, unless he can bring us the CF bat we desperately need.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I'd be 100% for moving on from Taylor but who the hell will they play in CF? Bae has been even worse than Taylor. Suwinski is hitting like .180 in AAA. I don't know if Gorski can handle a large major league CF and they seem hesitant to give him a look and he's almost certainly a AAAA guy at best. Can't be anyone else currently on the roster.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd be 100% for moving on from Taylor but who the hell will they play in CF? Bae has been even worse than Taylor. Suwinski is hitting like .180 in AAA. I don't know if Gorski can handle a large major league CF and they seem hesitant to give him a look. Can't be anyone else currently on the roster.

I figure Yorke comes up, he's been playing mostly CF for Indy and has a .904 OPS for them since being acquired.

Cook is another option, he's a more natural OF that is hitting a bit better than Yorke for Indy as well (.923 OPS). It will likely be one of those two.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'd be 100% for moving on from Taylor but who the hell will they play in CF? Bae has been even worse than Taylor. Suwinski is hitting like .180 in AAA. I don't know if Gorski can handle a large major league CF and they seem hesitant to give him a look. Can't be anyone else currently on the roster.
Ifk played cf in the majors

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Ifk played cf in the majors
He has. But they also don't currently have a 3B and if you're playing Triolo you're not upgrading.

I figure Yorke comes up, he's been playing mostly CF for Indy and has a .904 OPS for them since being acquired.

Cook is another option, he's a more natural OF that is hitting a bit better than Yorke for Indy as well (.923 OPS). It will likely be one of those two.
I can't really see Cook but yes, Yorke would be a good call. I'd prefer to see that than more Taylor.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
He has. But they also don't currently have a 3B and if you're playing Triolo you're not upgrading.

I can't really see Cook but yes, Yorke would be a good call. I'd prefer to see that than more Taylor.
If we assume Nick G comes back to play 2nd. You have cook and York. You can get away with trilo at 3rd for the rest of the season

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad