GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We’re a small market team in a transient location. Just have to accept it
Our players just don't play playoff hockey with any consistency. Canes fans would pack the arena if we were even slightly dominant but we just play matchups and defer to the other team to set the pace in the playoffs. It doesn't take some genius fan to realize that.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
didnt even bother watching the game , then i look on tsn , 5-1 , friggin knew it , i dont blame raanta one bit, he SHOWED up , all the blame is to our GM not getting a goalie and defensemen , we could have had 2 cheap veteran for praticly nothing Halak and Chara , as far as Andersen , we can be on our disabled list with Gardiner` next year ,

Reactions: Summer Rose

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Man, record breaking season just to go out like this? Feels bad man.

At least we didn't blow a 3-1 lead or something. Still hurts though.
sucks. freddie's injury is this year's great "what if?"

with him healthy i think he steals at least one in ny, we go to the ecf, and promptly ger vasi'd.

edit to add - not meant as a slight against raanta. he hit a wall in the last two, but the blame is on the players in front of him. i just think andersen might have had a complete robbery in him

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
This is going to sound harsh but we need to part ways with Raanta. He was serviceable and exceeded expectations but his best days are behind him and he isn’t reliable.
Best days are behind him??

That was the first time in his career Raanta started 11 games in a row!

I’m not saying he’s the starter instead of Andersen next year, but I think they need to share the net more to keep both fresh for the postseason.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly, going out like this sours the whole season for me. 4th year in a row the team just goes through the motions in the game they are eliminated. Jarvis and Raanta get run and we don't push back. All of our stars have been passengers and it caught up.

I don't care how good the team is in the regular season if they don't even put up a fight when their backs are against the wall in the playoffs. Going out like this again is just unacceptable for this group. Getting shelled 6-2 on home ice in Game 7 where the final score was closer than the play on the ice is embarrassing and completely overshadows the rest of the year. Each player should be ashamed of their effort not just tonight but in every road game of these playoffs.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1611203127865.jpg

Pain.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Best days are behind him??

That was the first time in his career Raanta started 11 games in a row!

I’m not saying he’s the starter instead of Andersen next year, but I think they need to share the net more to keep both fresh for the postseason.
As I mentioned he exceeded expectations and did great under the circumstances but not what we need long term. I hang these losses mainly on our s soft “stars” and lack of discipline

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Rangers fan coming in peace.

Hell of a series, you guys probably deserve better. Love the way you guys play, those first 4 games were a grind, tough checking, tight d, last 3 games a bit of an anomaly, some bad luck at the wrong time. Much love to you guys, looking forward to future battles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad