GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Honestly,

I haven't been excited since Game 2. I saw this as an eventuality.

I think Carolina brought their regular reason mentality to the playoffs while other teams are stepping up their game.
Jarvis is the one forward I think who elevated his game significantly in the playoffs.

I'm not saying I don't believe in this core, but I don't think Aho / Tro / Turbo Slavin / Peace / Svech weren't good enough this spring.

I don't think this team should be blown up, but it's concerning.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Honestly,

I haven't been excited since Game 2. I saw this as an eventuality.

I think Carolina brought their regular reason mentality to the playoffs while other teams are stepping up their game.
Jarvis is the one forward I think who elevated his game significantly in the playoffs.
You know, I said earlier it might be a conditioning issue, but this is a great point.

They played in 5th gear most of the season, only really slowing down in March. Then when the playoffs came and other teams turn it up, they learn they don’t have a 6th gear.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Game 5 was the only game where we took it to them. Games 1 and 2 weren’t great performances and we got bailed out by Raanta/Kakko. For whatever reason, this team just couldn’t get out of their own heads.

Like, how do you keep your cool against f***ing Marchand, but lose your marbles against, uh, Ryan Reaves? Makes zero sense.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
4th f***ing year in a row this team doesn't even put up a fight in our elimination game. 4th f***ing year in a row we go out with a goddamn wimper.

Slavin, Svech, Jarvis. That's the list of untouchable players as far as I'm concerned. Literally everyone else should be considered in a move for an upgrade if possible.

And... Look, at a certain point we have to seriously question what the f*** our coaches are doing. They're making the same goddamn mistakes they made in 2019. The power play is dogshit and we mentally melt the f*** down every year in the playoffs. We play stupid hockey when the stakes ramp up. And our coaches just stress to stay the course. Brindy is not as good of a coach as we think he is, and I have a really bad feeling that it's going to take us way too long to realize it, wasting a lot of our contention window.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
4th f***ing year in a row this team doesn't even put up a fight in our elimination game. 4th f***ing year in a row we go out with a goddamn wimper.

Slavin, Svech, Jarvis. That's the list of untouchable players as far as I'm concerned. Literally everyone else should be considered in a move for an upgrade if possible.

And... Look, at a certain point we have to seriously question what the f*** our coaches are doing. They're making the same goddamn mistakes they made in 2019. The power play is dogshit and we mentally melt the f*** down every year in the playoffs. We play stupid hockey when the stakes ramp up. And our coaches just stress to stay the course. Brindy is not as good of a coach as we think he is, and I have a really bad feeling that it's going to take us way too long to realize it, wasting a lot of our contention window.
Love the passion. We have our own Steve Dangel here! We are all disappointed

Reactions: Summer Rose

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
You know, I said earlier it might be a conditioning issue, but this is a great point.

They played in 5th gear most of the season, only really slowing down in March. Then when the playoffs came and other teams turn it up, they learn they don’t have a 6th gear.
They need to downshift to direct drive sometimes. Sure, you don't get the top end speed, but sometimes you just need to be able to hit that pedal and go. Finer and finer gearing gets you less and less torque, and sometimes you just need to be able to haul shit out of a ditch.

Which is to say, more Ninos. Fewer Necases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad