GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The Canes have never lost a Game 7 before. This is painful and should inspire some real changes both in approach and in personnel. And I hope it's branded into their minds what happens when you play like winning is inevitable and don't f***ing work for it.

There are players who shouldn't be back. Rod will need to show he can adapt. Our star players need a kick in the ass.

Anyway, the offseason is here as of tonight. We can get better and get over the top, but we're gonna have to be clear eyed about the fact that the team as currently structured just isn't good enough and never will be with just tweaks. Right now, we're a great regular season team. If we admit that this isn't going to do it, we still have a lot of time to do a retool that makes us elite. If we double down and shove our heads in the sand... Well, at least it's better being the Sharks than being the 2010-18 Canes.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I remember his urgency in past postseasons. It wasnt there this year.

Ill never forget how he destroyed Ovechkin in 2019.
If anyone on this team is nursing a major injury, I’d be willing to bet it’s him.

Skjei has been probably our second worse player behind Necas, which hasn’t helped, but Pesce has not been himself.

MWCanes

Feb 8, 2021
This is one of the most disappointing Canes performances that I can remember. Nobody is even hitting or showing a pulse.

I’ve tried to avoid piling on specific players but we are lacking talent in several areas. And damn if a few of these guys didn’t save their worst performances for tonight.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
This is one of the most disappointing Canes performances that I can remember. Nobody is even hitting or showing a pulse.

I’ve tried to avoid piling on specific players but we are lacking talent in several areas. And damn if a few of these guys didn’t save their worst performances for tonight.

Do you remember the Tampa series last year? It was pretty bad.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

This is a Rod Brind'Amour playoff team. It's just what it is. Anyone who lets their opinion of him as a player and winner of the Cup in 2006 is just fooling themselves. Our players didn't play good enough for sure, but the coaching and GMing left just as much to be desired. Complete organization failure.

Reactions: Summer Rose

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Do you remember the Tampa series last year? It was pretty bad.
There were somehow a lot of people who talked themselves into thinking we played well and it was a series where just a few bounces made it a 5 game Tampa win instead of a 5 game Canes win.

I watched most of those offline and was genuinely shocked to check in and see some of the takes here. That series was mostly insipid perimeter play. A few flashes, but nearly all of those games I was completely disgusted every game from the drop of the puck.

But in that series, we were walking into the buzzsaw and everyone knew it. This series, we were supposed to be the buzzsaw, and just totally f***ing blew it. And after a mix of awful and good games, we made it to game 7- and this game happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad